Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS PETCO, CARPETS, VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK, OR ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED IN MSM OR LE STATEMENTS. IF YOU CAN’T PROVIDE A LINK THAT IS MSM OR LE, YOU CAN’T BRING IT HERE.

ALSO, IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS TO REQUEST/SOLICIT/DISCUSS PRIVATE MESSAGES.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUING EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL ND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

It is against Websleuths TOS to be rude toward or personalize against members, whether individually or collectively.

Differing opinions are welcome at WS, but they should be based on some known fact from MSM or LE rather than simply making accusations (whether against members, neighbours, or LE) with no facts to substantiate.

Please do not name call or ridicule members for strongly anticipating a negative outcome in this case when, after 7,000 investigative hours, there is still no sign of Gannon being alive. Websleuths members have a lot of collective wisdom, knowledge and experience in these types of scenarios. Common sense tell members that Dan May does not show up for a runaway kid, LE does not have crime lab techs going through a house or LE digging endlessly through snowbanks if they think, or are wanting the public to think, they are looking for a live runaway.

Thanks.

The True Crime Society blog is not an approved source. There is info there that has already been discounted by LE.

Please stick to MSM or WS approved sources. If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Thanks.

The following post by CocoChanel has been contained in the opening posts of every single thread since THREAD #13. We are now at Thread #32.

PLEASE READ THIS and "Like" this post to indicate you have read it !!

MOD NOTE:
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS PETCO, CARPETS, VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK, OR ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED IN MSM OR LE STATEMENTS. IF YOU CAN’T PROVIDE A LINK THAT IS MSM OR LE, YOU CAN’T BRING IT HERE.

ALSO, IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS TO REQUEST/SOLICIT/DISCUSS PRIVATE MESSAGES.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUING EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL ND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

As soon as I figure out how to do so, I'll add the below URL to my signature... lol... for @perception≠reality and anyone else, who continued to have a question about social media on Websleuths (more at link, BBM):

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/social-media-facebook-twitter-etc.291123/

Rules on Social Media - Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual's (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
So to paraphrase:

-Links to appropriate posts in social media are acceptable (TS's Facebook, etc.).

-People's comments on the victim or POI's SM posts, are not acceptable topics of conversation

-Screenshots of content are NOT acceptable (separated from original SM source; and thus not proven)

-If there is no link to the owner's social media available, because the contents of an original post was removed or deleted from SM; then no link to the original post can be provided, and naturally, the topic of said deleted post cannot be discussed. :D

Catching up from last night & listening to the phone call this morning.

Just a thought about the Petco trip...

It feels like a nothing burger.

Bear in mind, she tends to pre-splain or over-explain certain things that she thinks may be damning towards her.
I think if it was something, she'd have gone into way too much detail about what time she got there, what she looked at, the clerk she talked to, what he or she was wearing, what she bought, the patterns on the dog coats, who she saw in the parking lot, and all sorts of other details that either make no sense, or just have no bearing on anything. Giving away far too many details, in an attempt to convince anyone, that it was all a normal trip to Petco.

Instead... she blows it off like it was nothing.
I think it's possible it's because it was nothing.

jmo

If he died in the truck in the parking lot she might not want to say a word As sick as she is, if she didn't expect him to die it would have been shocking. Security cameras might have picked up her reaction when she got back to the car. She only talks about Petco in this situation, she doesn't mention him at all. So you're right that this is a weird example. She also left Gannon in the truck and didn't take him in with her which may or may not be considered child endangerment based on the circumstance. Especially considering that she stated he was sick and she had brought a vomit bag along.

It might also be she's avoiding incriminating herself with any of it. But the main point is that she went BACK to the same Petco 2 hours later. I think she did this to alibi herself by being seen again and making a purchase. She wanted to be recognized but wants to play low key about it because she knows she was in a panicked state and doesn't quite remember what she did.

All MHO

If he died in the truck in the parking lot she might not want to say a word As sick as she is, if she didn't expect him to die it would have been shocking. Security cameras might have picked up her reaction when she got back to the car. She only talks about Petco in this situation, she doesn't mention him at all. So you're right that this is a weird example. She also left Gannon in the truck and didn't take him in with her which may or may not be considered child endangerment based on the circumstance. Especially considering that she stated he was sick and she had brought a vomit bag along.

It might also be she's avoiding incriminating herself with any of it. But the main point is that she went BACK to the same Petco 2 hours later. I think she did this to alibi herself by being seen again and making a purchase. She wanted to be recognized but wants to play low key about it because she knows she was in a panicked state and doesn't quite remember what she did.

All MHO

she was so panicked that she had the presence of mind to immediately started concocting her alibi after G died in her care?

im sorry but no just no and seriously why would you return to a store you had already been to and made a purchase at? just go to another store with security cameras and shop there

this woman tried to be tricky and calculating but failed miserably

Aside from her greater bag of tricks, this victimology showboating about how she’s been so burdened is a load. If you don’t want to be tasked with care of other people’s children, don’t marry someone with children. And if you don’t want to be solo on the home front, don’t marry someone in the military.

As for other issues that may have made things more challenging, suck it up Buttercup, that’s life. Things happen, we carry an extra load at times for the people we love or who need our help, and there’s just no guarantee that life will be unicorns and puckered lip selfie opportunities.

It’s bad enough that she can’t bring herself to give up the location of the child she killed, but to whine and lament how hard it all was on her is stunning. If Gannon could only speak about how hard it really was. I will be glad when she’s put away for good and not even a blip on the radar of other humans.

Thank you @Tricia for allowing the phone call between Letecia Stauch and the anonymous caller to be discussed here.

At the start of the call she gets right into talking about bio-mom (where she's very comfortable). I still stand by my opinion that she was not jealous of bio-mom, she is so resentful. I don't believe she wanted bio-moms life, she liked her own. I'm not sure if her marriage at the beginning was different, where they had the children less and she pictured their lives together differently? Of course when you marry someone with children, it's a package deal. Her bio-daughter is considerably older, there's a decent age difference between them. Again, I just sense resentment. She's also saying in the call *IMO* that it was too much for her being alone with the kids especially with her husband gone often for work. I honestly believe in her twisted mind that's how she's justified what she did to Gannon. That's how she's rationalized her actions..

I think you hit the nail on the head - she was extremely resentful. She married this man and probably thought she was going to have a a good life with him and her daughter. It's none of our business how custody came to be for Gannon and Laina. It's clear, though, from all the shade she continued to throw at LH and passively at AS, TS was angry and resentful that she had to take care of the kids full time (especially with AS traveling so much for work). All of her interviews/media posts constantly trying to put her as the hero for taking care of these kids... and yet no emotion, no caring, no concern for Gannon (not even able to fake any).

Who knows if this was abuse taken to the extreme resulting in his death or premeditated murder. Bottom line, she's responsible. Still praying that LE will somehow be able to get her talking and giving up Gannon's location.

My suspicion is it is one of the main people in one of thee support Tecia groups who either wised up or was always in undercover mode.
I appreciated the effort.
Edited to add MOO
TS is an easy mark for minds far more clever than hers. They know the best way to make her talk is to play into her victim mentality. I won't be surprised to learn one or more of them showed up in her support groups. Like sharks that smell blood in the water, TS was oozing desperation.

she was so panicked that she had the presence of mind to immediately started concocting her alibi after G died in her care?

im sorry but no just no and seriously why would you return to a store you had already been to and made a purchase at? just go to another store with security cameras and shop there

this woman tried to be tricky and calculating but failed miserably

I think so. I think any of us would do the same thing if we had to. I know I'd be going down a checklist and the first thing I'd realize is that I was going to jail for killing a child -- period the end. So I'd try to find a way to cover up the head injury. Make it look like an accident.

That's the first thing that would come into my mind, especially if I was already trying to find a way to explain it away to my husband.

I'd drive with him in the car somewhere near a quarry or a train track and fling his body down immediately to make the injury and time of death as close as possible. (This all if I was an evil human being.)

Then I'd go back to the Petco to make it look like everything was completely the same. And another reason I'd go back is to buy something but also just in case the security cameras weren't working I'd go back to the same store to be seen twice in the same day thereby increasing the chance that I was recognized.

She did key things that totally point to her being quick witted that day in trying to cover it up. One was that she said she "didn't know where any of his friends lived" which is kind of nonsense. Who just randomly lets an 11 year old walk off with no idea where he's going? IMO that was an attempt to alibi herself when they find his body near a friends house. She'll say "how could I have put it there when I don't know where any of his friends live?" And the second one was the planted google search of "Can my parents find me if my phone is turned off" which served two purposes, made him look like a runaway and also gave her the ability to ask the question for her own phone.

She obviously shows plenty of savvy on her attempts to cover it up. IMO she was doomed when they found the blood in the bedroom. She didn't have time to cover it up but she was doomed by that anyway. That's why I don't think this was planned. She would know better than to leave blood in a bedroom. She would have either put down a plastic sheeting or she would have killed him in a way that left no blood. Ex suffocation.

One thing if someone could answer. Did she say that she took him with her to the story in the first place? Or did she only admit to that when the security camera footage from the neighbor came out?

Also very telling is she never feels the need to explain why she didn't bring Gannon into the store with her.

Aside from her greater bag of tricks, this victimology showboating about how she’s been so burdened is a load. If you don’t want to be tasked with care of other people’s children, don’t marry someone with children. And if you don’t want to be solo on the home front, don’t marry someone in the military.

As for other issues that may have made things more challenging, suck it up Buttercup, that’s life. Things happen, we carry an extra load at times for the people we love or who need our help, and there’s just no guarantee that life will be unicorns and puckered lip selfie opportunities.

It’s bad enough that she can’t bring herself to give up the location of the child she killed, but to whine and lament how hard it all was on her is stunning. If Gannon could only speak about how hard it really was. I will be glad when she’s put away for good and not even a blip on the radar of other humans.
Yeah, it's like she just keeps explaining her 'motive.'

Resentment, bitterness, frustration and hate.

Imo

Do you think that the drive to Castle Rock to look for a bicycle to buy for Al is a crock, but a significant part of the story and a clue that might lead LE to Gannon's remains? I can't imagine buying a bicycle for an adult man. Bike's have to be fitted to the rider to find the right frame and then there are so many considerations .. like cleats & shoes or pedals, gears, road or mountain, tires, handle bars ... I wouldn't begin to assume that I knew what bike to buy for anyone over 10 yrs old.

Gannon Stauch stepmom reveals where she went the day Colorado boy disappeared [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam