Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong agree. I think the lambasting of the defense team was unneccesary.
Maybe for anyone not on an immune suppressant,or any one without a compromised immune system, or anyone who not elderly. Watching cough into her hand just made me cringe. That incubator coughed into her hand. ( My drive into Northgate for my immune suppressant yesterday was eerie. I-5 Was pretty much free,and clear the whole way from Kent,and back) because of COVID 19. So to see someone so disrespful,and dismissive of how this pandemic gets spread has me rightfully shocked,and angered. MOO

The two defense attorneys were like TweedleDee and TweedleDum. They comported themselves as "mail order law degree" lawyers (I understand that isn't possible). I am a middle age mom, but they were like the quintessential middle age mom, doesn't get out much and no clue how to act in public situations.

Say wha???? I'm a middle aged mom. I know how to act in public. Honestly, I didn't even know this stereotype existed. Yikes.

I'm letting it slide this time, because you are from MN and therefore I know you are a nice person.;):cool:

Maybe for anyone not on an immune suppressant,or any one without a compromised immune system, or anyone who not elderly. Watching cough into her hand just made me cringe. That incubator coughed into her hand. ( My drive into Northgate for my immune suppressant yesterday was eerie. I-5 Was pretty much free,and clear the whole way from Kent,and back) because of COVID 19. So to see someone so disrespful,and dismissive of how this pandemic gets spread has me rightfully shocked,and angered. MOO
I understand that too but in the middle of court and if she just accidently strangled herself by swallowing down the wrong pipe and knows that's all it is what else was she suppose to do, she didn't know it was gonna happened and she was trying to hold it in and answer the Judges questions, im sure she was embarrassed and was hoping she could just clear her throat enough to finish up and stop coughing!!

I have been doing some thinking about TS anger and what sets her off. A little off of track from the court talk but might give a clue into what set her off. I believe it would be due to poor Gannon suffering with constipation. Someone who doesn't fully understand the whole going through this in a family, it is a bigger deal of stress than one can imagine. TS did mention him with issues so it plays on my mind that it would make her go off the deep end. She takes things into her own measures so she over medicates or makes her own remedy. Probably enraged he isn't able to go or has a slight accident and he gets sicker as she just loses it. TS is tired of having to deal with what can seem like a never ending issue that Gannon suffers from. Having a child Gannons age with severe constipation might seem like the end of the world for a person like TS since she has no compassion. I cried from these thoughts, I am sure this child went through trauma. Rest in peace Gannon, you are loved by many. My opinions

I didn't mean anyone criticizing her coughing into her hand, I agree with you about that concern.
I have seen some comments since yesterday's hearing about the defense attorneys as being incompetent, etc. and those types of comments are unwarranted and unnecessary.

OK- help me here. If the reinstatement of the death penalty applies to CHARGES made on 07/01/20 or later, how can they consider the death penalty in this case?

That's backwards. The DP is not being reinstated in CO. It is being removed as a punishment. It can be given to those charged before 7/1/2020.

I don't think it will be sought myself. And if the talk is just to scare TS, I'm not sure why at the original PC discussing her arrest, the DA's office said LWOP. Better to have left it open then if bargaining was the goal IMO. And even if it was sought and was given, no way it would be carried out. JMO

I understand that too but in the middle of court and if she just accidently strangled herself by swallowing down the wrong pipe and knows that's all it is what else was she suppose to do, she didn't know it was gonna happened and she was trying to hold it in and answer the Judges questions, im sure she was embarrassed and was hoping she could just clear her throat enough to finish up and stop coughing!!
Well if that's the case fine. I hope that is the case. Because this COVID 19 is no joke. Also I don't care who you are, coughing into your hand is seriously unprofessional. COVID 19,or just choking on water. MOO

OK- help me here. If the reinstatement of the death penalty applies to CHARGES made on 07/01/20 or later, how can they consider the death penalty in this case?
The repeal isn’t in effect until July 1. That means cases prior to that can have the DP on the table. It would likely be moot though, because our governor has already said he’ll commute any DP case to a life sentence.

I don't think LS will crack. She has shown to be a very spiteful person. She's also very confident. Knowing she attacked a deputy
My mom lives in Kent! Stay safe!

I never though Fotos Dulos would commit suicide either. There are similarities between the two, in my opinion, He was acting like he was in control and calling the shots with his attorney right up to the very end. He cracked and no one saw it coming.

I could see TS taking this route -- she likes to be in charge of the narrative, and if she ever feels she's totally lost, she may opt to check out rather than to admit and explain her actions.

Well if that's the case fine. I hope that is the case. Because this COVID 19 is no joke. Also I don't care who you are, coughing into your hand is seriously unprofessional. COVID 19,or just choking on water. MOO
I agree, but im sure she was trying to hold it in, everyone that coughs don't have the virus and Im middle aged and in our day it was tough for you to hold your hand over your mouth when you cough and unless your thinking about anything but trying to stop you tend to go back to old habbits...IMO

I'm pretty sure police can question a minor (as a witness) without parental consent. The way it works where I live is that they can question the child, but if a parent is present they can stop the questioning and tell police they don't want their child questioned. I think it works that way in most states.

So without a parent present LE can question a minor about a crime without consent.

However, if it is the minor who is suspected of committing a crime they can't question them without parental consent.

I'm not sure if TS's daughter has turned 18 yet, but I see no reason why she wouldn't be allowed to testify.
Children have testified against their parents in court before.

There was a case in which a child drowned and the mother was accused of drowning her. Her five or six year old brother testified against his own mother, telling the court that she held his sister under the water. I can't remember the exact case but I saw the little boy testify in court. It was heart breaking. He cried when he saw his mother again sitting in the courtroom.

Imo

That's a horrific thing to do to a small child,surely they could have video linked him poor baby:(

I didn't mean anyone criticizing her coughing into her hand, I agree with you about that concern.
I have seen some comments since yesterday's hearing about the defense attorneys as being incompetent, etc. and those types of comments are unwarranted and unnecessary.
Gotchya. I don't know anything about them being competant,or not. I don't think they would be in the position they are if they were incompetent though. IIRC One of them has been with the Public Defenders Office for a long time,and is in a top position. So I doubt they are incompetant. Never underestimate the other side. MOO

The two defense attorneys were like TweedleDee and TweedleDum. They comported themselves as "mail order law degree" lawyers (I understand that isn't possible). I am a middle age mom, but they were like the quintessential middle age mom, doesn't get out much and no clue how to act in public situations.
Hey, now! I resemble that remark!

I understand that all the various counsel are under stress, have been working on it for years, and finally here it is. Same as with surgeons joking around in the operating room, levity to help deal with it. Still, to a layperson (like me) who tunes in to see someone get prosecuted for a horrible murder, it is jarring.
I agree but I think it was mostly nerves not callousness. And wanting to appear co-operative, not hostile or whatever.

I would at least expect someone in her family to show up at the first appearance, just to give her the message that they will be supportive of her throughout the process, whether she is guilty or not. It will be a long time before the trial starts.
Maybe she just doesn't have that kind of family support, or maybe they just couldn't be there, I don't know. Maybe she has spoken with them on the phone.

Imo

Her family is almost 2000 miles away. I'd think it would be very difficult for them to travel for an arraignment. Perhaps they will show up for the trial.

I agree but I think it was mostly nerves not callousness. And wanting to appear co-operative, not hostile or whatever.
I know. But the first thing that popped into my mind was "I sure hope the jury isn't watching". The joking strikes me as a kind of way to get on a good vibe with the judge and jury, but since I watch only about 2 murder trials a year, maybe it's just what happens these days and is normal.

The Trayvon Martin trial was as serious as it could be, I don't remember the same vibe as I've been seeing lately.

That's backwards. The DP is not being reinstated in CO. It is being removed as a punishment. It can be given to those charged before 7/1/2020.

I don't think it will be sought myself. And if the talk is just to scare TS, I'm not sure why at the original PC discussing her arrest, the DA's office said LWOP. Better to have left it open then if bargaining was the goal IMO. And even if it was sought and was given, no way it would be carried out. JMO

I think at this point, the threat of DP is about the only leverage the DA has to get T to speak. I also hope that she can't stand the thought of being forced to sit in the courtroom while all the evidence is presented stripping her naked piece by piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member