Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way... I do realize these types of cases take time I’m just anxious for the trail to get underway ... she does not deserve to wait she surely didn’t give Gannon a chance

Yes, agreed. The sooner the trial starts, the better, IMO.

Meanwhile . . . today's donuts and beverages.

purpleAndBlueDonuts.jpg multiColoredCups.jpg

Friday, August 7th:
*Review Hearing (murder charge)-CANCELLED! (@ 9am MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL.) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 37) aka Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin & Letecia Lynn Hunt arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond.
*Charges filed (3/20/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon).
New Charges filed (5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond.
Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 6/12/20 reference post #357 here:
Found Deceased - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

6/15/20 Update: After seeking approval from Colorado Supreme Court Chief Justice Nathan B. Coats, Fourth Judicial District Chief Judge William Bain announced today that jury trials will resume on a limited basis in El Paso County the week of July 6, 2020.
7/17/17 Update: Stauch wasn't present during a status hearing Friday, but prosecutors said they expect her to be taken to the state hospital early next week. Friday's status hearing was largely procedural, but prosecutors asked for the ability to gather records to send to the competency evaluator, and they set dates for Stauch's next court appearances. Stauch will be back in court on Sept. 8, and prosecutors expect to have the results of the competency evaluation by then. Review hearing on 8/7/20. 7/20/20 Update: Stauch was moved to the state hospital.

7/24/20 Update: State files (P-19) People's Notice of Prior Records Requests during Competency Proceedings. 8/5/20: Moved back to El Paso jail from state hospital. The courts will be closed from 8/3 thru 8/14/20, so review hearing on 8/7/20 has been cancelled.

Friday, August 7th:
*Review Hearing (murder charge)-CANCELLED! (@ 9am MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL.) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 37) aka Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin & Letecia Lynn Hunt arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond.
*Charges filed (3/20/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon).
New Charges filed (5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond.
Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 6/12/20 reference post #357 here:
Found Deceased - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

6/15/20 Update: After seeking approval from Colorado Supreme Court Chief Justice Nathan B. Coats, Fourth Judicial District Chief Judge William Bain announced today that jury trials will resume on a limited basis in El Paso County the week of July 6, 2020.
7/17/17 Update: Stauch wasn't present during a status hearing Friday, but prosecutors said they expect her to be taken to the state hospital early next week. Friday's status hearing was largely procedural, but prosecutors asked for the ability to gather records to send to the competency evaluator, and they set dates for Stauch's next court appearances. Stauch will be back in court on Sept. 8, and prosecutors expect to have the results of the competency evaluation by then. Review hearing on 8/7/20. 7/20/20 Update: Stauch was moved to the state hospital.

7/24/20 Update: State files (P-19) People's Notice of Prior Records Requests during Competency Proceedings. 8/5/20: Moved back to El Paso jail from state hospital. The courts will be closed from 8/3 thru 8/14/20, so review hearing on 8/7/20 has been cancelled.
BBM
Why would it have been cancelled rather than continued?

From my notes I have a Status conference hearing (re Competency) for both her charges on 9/8.
But - it does not show up in the court site. Even when the 8/7 date was there, the 9/8 did not.

Thinking of all the kids getting ready for back to school <maybe in some form or fashion w/Covid :eek:> and looking forward to seeing friends and talking about their 'summer break'.

Poor Gannon, he should be here.

#Justice4Gannon

From my notes I have a Status conference hearing (re Competency) for both her charges on 9/8.
But - it does not show up in the court site. Even when the 8/7 date was there, the 9/8 did not.

I wonder what is going on.... the last ROA on 7/31 is essentially blank -- just the bond
headings which of course are blank. Also, I can't get a single hit on docket search using LS name or the case #, including trying today's date that should have populated there is no hearing.

KKTV news had a short clip today at 9:00 a.m. and again just now at Noon that said she is due in court next month on September 8. I saw it on TV but can find nothing in print yet.
Just FYI
cc: @Seattle1

They had a case of covid pop up at the El Paso county jail recently too. I’m also trying to dig up an article I saw about a DA here catching it too (from a few weeks back).

I want things to progress as much as anybody but closing the court makes sense. It’s become an issue. Hope everyone involved can stay safe and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie