Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there's any chance of LS trying to convince HH to take the fall (or just putting the blame on HH after her return home that day) since she was a minor and LS thinks HH won't be charged as an adult? Convincing her that a juvenile record would be expunged since she is an adult now. I could see LS trying this, maybe she and HH shared clothing and she was wearing something of HH's and it has GS blood on it and that could be her "evidence". I wouldn't put it past LS to try to blame HH or at least planting that seed of doubt

Do you think there's any chance of LS trying to convince HH to take the fall (or just putting the blame on HH after her return home that day) since she was a minor and LS thinks HH won't be charged as an adult? Convincing her that a juvenile record would be expunged since she is an adult now. I could see LS trying this, maybe she and HH shared clothing and she was wearing something of HH's and it has GS blood on it and that could be her "evidence". I wouldn't put it past LS to try to blame HH or at least planting that seed of doubt
A jury verdict must be unanimous for a murder conviction. Seed of doubt to turn one juror is all LS needs, and using her own child would not surprise.

The DA will never go after HH because there's no evidence against her or probable cause for arrest for that matter.

At the time of the arrest, LE referred to two trips to Perry Park, theorizing once was to deposit him there and the other, to check on concealment.

When LE sifted that location without finding Gannon and before he was found in Florida, LE theorized that wildlife may have hindered discovery, but now we know that she returned to that site in order to relocate him.

I keep recalling the intensity of those early searches (the pond and behind Petco). We figured at the time that vehicle data led them there....

So.... if that's the case, which vehicle do we suppose gave them that information? The truck or her car? We can't forget that she had an explanation for being on a route to Castle Rock (potentially Tsplaining location AND a suitcase, as if it held Gannon's outgrown sporting equipment)....

So....my question remain --

Was Perry Park the FIRST disposal site or the second?

And WHEN did she FIRST dispose of the suitcase? The night before (then doctoring the timestamp on the morning "sleeping" photos), during the cover of dark?

Between 10 am and 2 pm. At the pond, behind Petco, at Perry Park)

Between 2 pm and 6 pm?

Or at some point after LE's first search?

Would she really call 911 while the suitcase was sitting RIGHT THERE in her car?

If she moved Gannon from his bed to the garage between Sunday evening and Monday morning, she could've used the backed in truck as cover to move him from her trunk to the truck, possibly utilizing the suitcase then for the first time.

If she left in the truck at 10, left the suitcase in any of at least three possible locations, when 911 was called she would've had genuine confidence that LE would not find Gannon there, because he was already gone.

Only truth she told, she may have sought someone to replace carpet... with or without success.

She was spastic-busy, that's for sure.

She had limited hours and much to conceal.

How many places did she hide that suitcase?

When she's served her LWOP sentence, can we petition for a cell with roughly the same dimensions?

JMO

Could anyone else have been moving the suitcase for LS? Or do we know for a fact she was the one moving it?

Could anyone else have been moving the suitcase for LS? Or do we know for a fact she was the one moving it?

Interesting question.

Eguardo.

But I imagine you mean ACTUAL people.

I wish we had a bead on the movement of that suitcase.

Remember when we wondered about storage lockers?

Was her car in the driveway when she backed the truck up?

I can't shake this feeling that he was moved from her trunk to the truck and then to an initial hiding spot that very first day.

JMO

Oh man that is a terrible thought!
I cannot even picture her getting even one juror to acquit. She’s such an idiot which in combination with her narcissism is just painful to witness. she’s a train
wreck constantly. Given her crime and her vile attitude and energy, on top of the fact she’s cramming with little resources to be a temporary lawyer.. i just see no hope for her experiencing freedom ever again. Fingers crossed and moo

Oh man that is a terrible thought!
I cannot even picture her getting even one juror to acquit. She’s such an idiot which in combination with her narcissism is just painful to witness. she’s a train
wreck constantly. Given her crime and her vile attitude and energy, on top of the fact she’s cramming with little resources to be a temporary lawyer.. i just see no hope for her experiencing freedom ever again. Fingers crossed and moo
ITA! IMO Letecia is driven to represent herself at trial for the very same reason she murdered Gannon: she's consumed with jealousy and resentment towards Al and Landen. That's going to become abundantly clear during the trial as she just can't stop herself. Look at her Google searches, childish and filled with so much anger. IMO that's going to work against her. It's transparent to us and we've never even been in the same room with her so imagine what the jury will see once she opens her mouth. Bye bye Letecia!

I'm appalled at what's occurring with this self-representation carp. Yes, it is a constitutional right, I get it. But what's her motivation to do so? To drag the the process out as long as possible, to get out of her cell, have computer access? Is she giddy at the prospect of cross-examining certain witnesses? Just because she was ruled mentally competent to stand trial, doesn't mean she has all her marbles, IMO.

What will happen when she consistently doesn't follow rules of discovery or courthouse rules & etiquette? Because you know that's what will happen - she will turn the trial into a circus. I really feel for the judge in this case.

What will happen when she consistently doesn't follow rules of discovery or courthouse rules & etiquette? Because you know that's what will happen - she will turn the trial into a circus. I really feel for the judge in this case.
Sniped for focus.

She's been warned that if she becomes disruptive she'll be thrown out and the trial will go on without her (and to my knowledge, her current advisory council would step in).

So bring it on Dr. The sooner you get thrown out the better, IMO.

bbm
this is my fear for this evil witch
I don't see LS being able to pass the test to introduce HH-- or any of her imaginary friends into evidence.

I recall that the Judge already warned LS that her so-called two pieces and/or aces in the hole might not be admissible for her defense! Whether or not LS listened is another question.

Nonetheless, I do think the prosecution's case is sufficiently strong enough to counter any "sideshow" antics by LS.

For example, I recall that the defense for Patrick Frazee was prevented from using KK as the alternative suspect that murdered Kelsey Berreth.

Colorado Law On The Alternate Suspect Defense – Analysis

Above all, under Colorado law, a Defendant has a constitutional right to present as complete a defense as is allowed under the law.

A Defendant is entitled to every and all reasonable opportunities to present evidence that might tend to create doubt as to his guilt.

Known to defense lawyers as the SODDI defense (some other dude did it), under Colorado law, under the right circumstances, a Defendant may present evidence that another person might have committed the crime or crimes charged.

But assertion of the alternate suspect defense in Colorado has certain legal “limitations.” Defense lawyers are not permitted free reign in asserting the defense. Colorado Judges place pre-requisites on the admission of the alternate suspect defense which limits are intended to:

“…avoid confusing the jury and to prevent alternate suspect evidence from becoming a sideshow that overtakes the principal issue presented at a criminal trial – whether the prosecutor has proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant the crime alleged.”

[..]

The framework for the admissibility of alternate suspect evidence essentially turns on what is known as “similar acts evidence analysis“ This analysis is applied by Colorado Judges on a case-by-case basis, looking to whether all the similar acts and circumstances, which taken together, support a finding that the alternate suspect was involved in both the other act and the charged crime.

Alternate suspect evidence must be “relevant” (under Colorado Rule Of Evidence 401) and its probative value must not be sufficiently outweighed by the danger of confusion of the issues or misleading the jury, or by considerations of undue delay (under Colorado Rule of Evidence 403).

The Defendant must show more than an opportunity or motive connecting the alternate suspect to the charged crime…. more than an unsupported inference, or a possible ground for suspicion. There must be a sufficient connection between the alternate suspect and the crime charged such as evidence “indicating any distinctive similarities in the details of the crimes.”

Alternate suspect evidence, taken collectively, must establish a non-speculative connection between the alternate suspect and the charged crime.

https://www.criminal-lawyer-colorad...efense lawyers as,the crime or crimes charged.

No 'alternate suspect' allowed at Berreth murder trial

Sniped for focus.

She's been warned that if she becomes disruptive she'll be thrown out and the trial will go on without her (and to my knowledge, her current advisory council would step in).

I couldn't agree more.
This is my hope, that her creepy little show will be over before it begins and swift justice will be served.
Gannon and his family deserve nothing less.

jmo

I couldn't agree more.
This is my hope, that her creepy little show will be over before it begins and swift justice will be served.
Gannon and his family deserve nothing less.

jmo
Agree with you both 100%. The DA has this I really think. 30,000 pages, plus video & witnesses is a hell of a case. Remember, Murder was charged before they ever found Gannon. I think we will end up hearing some evidence of abuse by LS prior to her Murdering the poor child. All my own opinion, but I just do. MOO

Sniped for focus.
Happy to hear it! Would that pose a risk for some type of appeal later? Once she's convicted, I don't want any resurrected appearances :)

Happy to hear it! Would that pose a risk for some type of appeal later? Once she's convicted, I don't want any resurrected appearances :)

Nope--not a chance.

We mostly hear about appeals based on ineffective assistance of counsel but the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court have made it clear that if you defend yourself, you are waiving any ineffective assistance of counsel claims.

Does this give her more opportunities to appeal a conviction down the road?

Loew: It's hard to imagine why she is doing this. I would say that the main reason she's doing this is that she's so confident in her own abilities and herself, and that she wants that she thinks she can do this. It's not necessarily going to cause a delay tactic. There's no benefit to a delay tactic. She's sitting in jail, she's sitting in jail indefinitely, and if she loses this trial, she'll be transferred from jail to prison for the rest of her life. There's no benefit to a delay tactic. The Court of Appeals has made it very clear and the Supreme Court has made it very clear, you have an absolute right to defend yourself. If you defend yourself, you are waiving any ineffective assistance of counsel claims. So, her appellate issues are actually being lessened by her choice to defend herself. So, the only thing I can think of is that she's so confident in her own abilities, that she thinks that she can do a better job than an attorney.

We know she can't appeal based on the fact that she represented herself, but we've talked about how the law libraries at jails are often outdated and insufficient. Would she be able to appeal based on the fact that adequate resources weren't available to her?

Loew: I believe that would be grounds for an appeal. Though, they will state that she had ample resources and she was advised that those are the resources she had available to her. The fact that she has to process to 30,000 pages of discovery is going to be a really big issue.

Yes this 100%
Im super fearful that not having an actual defense team will somehow in a twisted way benefit her down the road.. I could absolutely see her, seething and resentful at her train wreck of a hearing, finding a lawyer ready to find all the loopholes, grievances, etc.
ugh. Moo

eta: thank you @Seattle1 for dispelling some of the anxiety! :)

This feels plausible to her thinking but technically she won't be able to introduce it. But yes I can see her thinking along these lines.
Really I picture her jumping at the bit for some online time to pretend she's preparing her defense but ends up spending every single moment she has on line to read what every one says about her...hi...and is completely unprepared in court. She's gonna sound juvenile and deranged.
Its ridiculous Gannons family much less us here will have to wade through it all before she will be silenced and locked up forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
This feels plausible to her thinking but technically she won't be able to introduce it. But yes I can see her thinking along these lines.
Really I picture her jumping at the bit for some online time to pretend she's preparing her defense but ends up spending every single moment she has on line to read what every one says about her...hi...and is completely unprepared in court. She's gonna sound juvenile and deranged.
Its ridiculous Gannons family much less us here will have to wade through it all before she will be silenced and locked up forever.

Judging by the way she was reputedly hijacking her family members' personal Facebooks, etc. this time last year, and posting while not clarifying it was her/purporting to still be said family member represented by the FB profile; I wouldn't bet against your interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500