Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51

Last edited by a moderator:

NCWatcher

Reaction score
I do think you are "missing something that could be offered to LS" :) - the ability of LS to not have to face Gannon's parents. I think that is a big deal to LS, given her refusal to appear even virtually. I don't think any deal with HH would necessarily disappear if LS takes a deal.

And, ethically, the DA's political ambitions are not supposed to be a consideration - perhaps someone can speak to the reality, but that is the ethical rule.

JMO.

Oh I agree a DA's personal and political ambitions shouldn't play a role in whether a prosecution occurs or whether plea deals are offered. But realistically, I'm not sure that's true for most DAs. In fact, I'd argue that for more severe crimes (not docket cleanups involving minor crimes) plea deals are usually made for political reasons. (Perhaps not for personal political reasons, but political reasons nonetheless.)

In this case Allen knows the people who elected him are (understandably) baying for LS's blood. While DAs shouldn't avoid offering deals and choose to publicly prosecute simply to gratify the public, the satisfaction of a conviction after a high-profile trial does help to keep order in our society while often not hurting the DA at election time either!

While LS might want to avoid facing AS and LH, I can't really imagine she'd agree to plead guilty for that reason. (Or if she did, I can't see how it would be part of a "plea deal.") Of course, I could be wrong, But she'd still have to go to court to formally plead and allocute and/or answer the judge's questions. I do not believe a DA can "deal away" that part of the judge's job. And prior to sentencing CO statues require victims to be allowed to give impact statements. I'm certain her attorneys would make sure she understood that she'd still be facing AS & LH in court for those proceedings IF the DA were to suggest she plead guilty to avoid facing the parents.

I agree whatever good-faith deal that's been made with HH would still be upheld if LS suddenly pled guilty. I just don't think she will. But time will tell! Spending so much time alone and locked up may have really done a number on her so maybe she'll cave.
JMO

PawneeDew

Reaction score
I have to assume LS had a substance abuse addiction issue spiraling out of control. That amount of rage and violent physical aggression had to be exacerbated by drugs. Otherwise, I’m forced to confront my fears of the tormenting emotional abuse she probably dumped on Gannon every day when no one was around. The image of Gannon cowering and shivering in fear with her standing over him will forever haunt me. I think of the many hours we spent trying to help find him when all the while he was already dead. I drove myself damn near crazy and I bet many of y’all felt the same. Knowing what we do now, I feel sick…
I remember there was some speculation...I wondered the same thing..

PawneeDew

Reaction score
I don't think he bought her act at all,I think after an initial conversation with her,his hinky meter went into overdrive and he went back to his superiors and told them that she was a lying liar and they needed to go back. I honestly can't see it any other way,especially for an experienced cop because as soon as this thread was posted and I read that she had reported him missing after he had been off school ill and add to that that she didn't see or hear him leave because she was working out,my first and only opinion was that this boy was dead and she did it. That was my very first impression from the initial report so I'm certain that the officer knew too,but he has rules and laws to follow and sadly that takes time.
Exactly. I knew immediately..

PawneeDew

Reaction score
According to testimony at the PH LS rented the "travel" van on Feb 1. (See page 8 of this thread) The TV interview was on Jan 31. Like you, I have a vague memory of a van in tbe background during part of the interview. But it can't have been one not rented until the next day. I also recall some speculation the van in tbe TV shot belonged to LS's family or to HH's boyfriend. Speculation appeared on WS, not other social media. I'm sure of that since I don't read other stuff.

JMO
Iirc, That question was asked, and Spencer answered...on one of his news reports that he took questions from people that were posted online...I'm not 100% positive, but the white? cargo van may have belonged to a family member (L.S. family)

kittythehare

Reaction score
I do think you are "missing something that could be offered to LS" :) - the ability of LS to not have to face Gannon's parents. I think that is a big deal to LS, given her refusal to appear even virtually. I don't think any deal with HH would necessarily disappear if LS takes a deal.

And, ethically, the DA's political ambitions are not supposed to be a consideration - perhaps someone can speak to the reality, but that is the ethical rule.

JMO.
It's almost impossible to figure out what her current mental state is.
This is the lady who allegedly overkilled a small child in her care and who went on to torture his parents every way she could.
This is the lady who fancied herself as lawyer extraordinaire to herself, herself with SCIENTIFIC proof, no less that would win her the case, for herself.

All the bookwork possibly overtaxed her and she simply couldn't or wouldn't focus...do the work necessary, having fought for the privilege 'my constitutional right'

She has been consistent in her hatred for his parents.
I see nothing to suggest that vitriol is no longer festering.
I predict she won't go quietly, not even slightly.

NCWatcher

Reaction score
It's almost impossible to figure out what her current mental state is.
This is the lady who allegedly overkilled a small child in her care and who went on to torture his parents every way she could.
This is the lady who fancied herself as lawyer extraordinaire to herself, herself with SCIENTIFIC proof, no less that would win her the case, for herself.

All the bookwork possibly overtaxed her and she simply couldn't or wouldn't focus...do the work necessary, having fought for the privilege 'my constitutional right'

She has been consistent in her hatred for his parents.
I see nothing to suggest that vitriol is no longer festering.
I predict she won't go quietly, not even slightly.

I think you are probably right @kittythehare.

Most who have posted have assumed LS's reluctance to attend the PH was because she didn't want to face AS & LH. Because we're presumably normal people, we can't conceive of doing what LS did. But if we had, we assume we'd feel shame and guilt and not want to face the child's parents. But LS's thoughts and feelings aren't normal.

It's perfectly possible her reluctance to attend the PH might have nothing at all to do with GS's family. Perhaps LS is very worried about COVID. We don't know anything about possible underlying health conditions she might have. Perhaps being kept segregated in the jail (segregated because of her escape attempt and because of mental health concerns) has led her develop a kind of agoraphobia. Along with not wanting to appear in court in person, that could lead her to not want to be away from her cell to appear virtually either. Or perhaps she just doesn't want to appear in court (even virtually) in jailhouse garb and restraints. When the trial rolls around she'll appear in street clothes without visible restraints.

So who knows. I'm also not so sure GS's parents felt "gypped" she didn't appear. Fortunately I've never had a family member murdered. But I imagine if I were the parents of a murdered child, I'd feel enough emotional upheaval having to listen to what was done to my child without having to know the one who did it was present and might be secretly feeling justified in what she'd done. I know I'd be dealing with guilt feelings for not protecting my child. And so I'd probably be secretly relieved if the defendant wasn't present early on as I'd know it was going to be a very long haul. I'd feel I would have to attend all court proceedings but I'd be doing that on behalf of my deceased child to give him voice NOT to derive any satisfaction for myself by facing the defendant. So I just don't know that LS's absence was a big disappointment for AS & LH and I don't know if their presence is what kept LS away from court.
JMO

Megnut

Reaction score
Oh, for sure, she'll try to say the court was unconstitutional for conducting the preliminary without her. Because Constitutionality. Because her rights being continously violated. Because mental health. Because of hate mail 8n her ramen.

You know why she doesn't want to go to court? IMO it has NOTHING to do with guilt or shame (she is capable of neither). Vanity.

No hair salon. No waxing. No tweezers.

She might be sporting the suicide vest.

That would be reason enough.

She doesn't think SHE did anything wrong --

JMO

Megnut

Reaction score
I don't think so because Al got a message from Gannon's phone to say : T has forgotten her phone.

Wasn't that message sent only to HH?

I could be wrong, but I think AS had every reason to believe G was home sick and T was there taking care of him.

Putrid really. Because she was the SICK one.... warped, cruel, violent...

JMO

Buddhagirl

Reaction score
I just read the update and am truly heart broken. It’s so much worse than I ever imagined. How can someone be so cruel and heartless? To a child especially. I picture little Gannon in that video where he’s playing a video game with his friend. He was precious. My heart is with Al and Landen and their families. I hope someday, somehow they can find peace.
I had to stop reading bc it’s affecting me too much. One question. I read Harley was with LS for the drive cross country. Has it been stated she knew anything? She seemed like a sweet girl in all videos I have seen of her. I bet she’s another victim of her horrid mother.

Seattle1

#LiveLikeLizzy
Reaction score

Cindizzi

Reaction score
Quick update ahead of this week's decision on whether or not #LeteciaStauch will go to trial. She's accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, #GannonStauch.

For family who may have trouble traveling to Colorado for the Sep. 23 date, they can watch the ruling online via WebEx.
https://twitter.com/colettebordelon/status/1439780263899267080?s=21

The online option is ONLY for family members. I'll have updates from the courtroom on Thursday.

Here's what we learned in #Stauch's preliminary hearing: @KOAA
https://twitter.com/colettebordelon/status/1439780904973451266?s=21

https://www.koaa.com/news/gannon-st...an-accused-of-killing-stepson-starts-thursday

heartandsoul

here for gannon
Reaction score
I have had to step back from actively following this thread, but have read (most) of the latest information. I am truly heartbroken. I knew this was going to be a tough case to follow but I was still somehow woefully underprepared for reading that information. I think of that little boy and his family every day. I cannot imagine how this is for his parents.