Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood from years ago when she was arrested that this prosecutor is very aggressive. Hope so.
That's what we need and those tactic will work good as well to poke at the demon within LS and show the jury what GS endured with her on a daily bases. I try to put myself in that poor boys skin and imagine the fear he lived with on a daily bases, the mind games and physical abuse. God rest his soul and know he has found the love and peace that he was deprived of living in the shadow of LS.

That's what we need and those tactic will work good as well to poke at the demon within LS and show the jury what GS endured with her on a daily bases. I try to put myself in that poor boys skin and imagine the fear he lived with on a daily bases, the mind games and physical abuse. God rest his soul and know he has found the love and peace that he was deprived of living in the shadow of LS.
Amen!

Jury selection begins March 20. Trial begins April 3.
Interesting that LS is choosing to wear prison clothes. Hoping that Ms. Russon covers trial. moo

Stauch is choosing to wear her orange prison clothes at trial and not civilian clothes. Jury selection begins March 20. Openings April 3rd, each side will get 1 hour. Final competency report not in until next week but sounds like trial is on.

Last edited:
If the suit fit's but sure her council mentioned that it may play in LS favor to wear something to show her in a different light. In reality there isn't a light known that will hide the evilness of her crime.

She's such a drama queen, reminds me of Darrell Brooks with his antics over what he was going to wear. Let's just hope she doesn't decide to go pro se and frolic in another courtroom with her shirt off like he did lol.

does this mean we have to register at that Webinar site? Or will it be shared here? I have Zoomed before so no idea
I didn’t have to register or have a dial in number. I did download the WebEx app on my iPad . I think you can watch it without the app by going here and click the green Join button:

She's such a drama queen, reminds me of Darrell Brooks with his antics over what he was going to wear. Let's just hope she doesn't decide to go pro se and frolic in another courtroom with her shirt off like he did lol.
Agreed and DB case was a true Circus with his outburst and having to be put into time out so many times. I watched that case from the start and The Judge was outstanding as she kept her composure time and time again. Hoping the Judge in the LS trial won't let any outburst by LS go without possible times out as well.

I didn’t have to register or have a dial in number. I did download the WebEx app on my iPad . I think you can watch it without the app by going here and click the green Join button:

Thanks so much for adding this. I had to download the app but didn't have any problems. It will be much better if Law & Crime streams the trial on YouTube, though.

I caught a couple of screenshots from the hearing but I'm first going to alert my comment to see if I can post them.

From my personal recollection of today's hearing:

Old Business:

The report by defense expert Dr. Lewis promised since last December is still outstanding!

Judge Werner spent much time discussing a timeline he drafted of the prior hearings, evaluations, and when the NGRI plea entered and he's baffled at the delays by the defense experts.

DA Allen suggested a conference call by the Court and attorneys to Dr. Lewis because they have no confidence in her word, and respect that the defense is only repeating the promises made to the defense.

Judge Werner cited case law where experts must adhere to the court's order for deadlines imposed by the court for information! Court confirmed the Defense is not waiting on any labs, etc. from the Prosecution, and nobody including the Judge understands Dr. Lewis's disrespect of the Court.

Defense is requesting an MRI.

The Court notes doctors previously canceled the request/order for an MRI a year ago and now they are requesting an MRI a year later?? The judge questioned why this was not done a year ago and whether MRI is even necessary. For example, if LS had any damage at the time of the incident that is detectable on MRI, it should have been detectable a year ago when MRI was first requested.

DA Allen confirms the State's experts Doctors Torres and Gray will testify towards the end of the trial and does not want the trial delayed.

DA Allen asked for a hard deadline for the eval report by Dr. Lewis on Friday, 4/17.

JURY Selection:

The Court denied the request for extended voir dire.

Court edited question #23 re. clarified NGRI defense on the juror questionnaire.

75 jurors will be screened at a time.
Each side will have 16 strikes.

Due to courtroom capacity during jury selection, only the following seats are available: 2 media, 2 security, and 2 family members for each prosecution and defense but there is no room for any advocates.

Only audio available during jury selection via Webinar.

TRIAL:

All attorneys must provide an inventory of their electronics to the Clerk prior to trial.

All computers in the courtroom by the prosecution and defense will be tethered during the duration of the trial. Each side must use privacy screens.

First come first serve for seats during trial.

Video/Audio available via the court Webinar:
Per the Court, this stream is not to be recorded, rebroadcasted, or redistributed.

Opening statements are limited to one hour for each.

LS confirmed she does NOT want to dress out for jury selection or for trial (she wants to wear her jail jumpsuit).

MOO

Last edited:
From my personal recollection of today's hearing:

Old Business:

The report by defense expert Dr. Lewis promised since last December is still outstanding!

Judge Werner spent much time discussing a timeline he drafted of the prior hearings, evaluations, and when the NGRI plea entered and he's baffled at the delays by the defense experts.

DA Allen suggested a conference call by the Court and attorneys to Dr. Lewis because they have no confidence in her word, and respect that the defense is only repeating the promises made to the defense.

Judge Werner cited case law where experts must adhere to the court's order for deadlines imposed by the court for information! Court confirmed the Defense is not waiting on any labs, etc. from the Prosecution, and nobody including the Judge understands Dr. Lewis's disrespect of the Court.

Defense is requesting an MRI.

The Court notes doctors previously canceled the request/order for an MRI a year ago and now they are requesting an MRI a year later?? The judge questioned why this was not done a year ago and whether MRI is even necessary. For example, if LS had any damage at the time of the incident that is detectable on MRI, it should have been detectable a year ago when MRI was first requested.

DA Allen confirms the State's experts Doctors Torres and Gray will testify towards the end of the trial and does not want the trial delayed.

DA Allen asked for a hard deadline for the eval report by Dr. Lewis on Friday, 4/17.

JURY Selection:

The Court denied the request for extended voir dire.

Court edited question #23 re. clarified NGRI defense on the juror questionnaire.

75 jurors will be screened at a time.
Each side will have 16 strikes.

Due to courtroom capacity during jury selection, only the following seats are available: 2 media, 2 security, and 2 family members for each prosecution and defense but there is no room for any advocates.

Only audio available during jury selection via Webinar.

TRIAL:

All attorneys must provide an inventory of their electronics to the Clerk prior to trial.

All computers in the courtroom by the prosecution and defense will be tethered during the duration of the trial. Each side must use privacy screens.

First come first serve for seats during trial.

Video/Audio available via the court Webinar:
Per the Court, this stream is not to be recorded, rebroadcasted, or redistributed.

Opening statements are limited to one hour for each.

LS confirmed she does NOT want to dress out for jury selection or for trial (she wants to wear her jail jumpsuit).

MOO

Weird because Cathy tweeted that they'd be re-streaming the webinar.

Cathy Russon

Letecia Stauch in court today for final pretrial hearing ahead of trial. We CAN broadcast this trial. The caveat is we can only use the court's webinar feed. Won't be perfect but we know there is a ton of interest in this case. Openings April 3rd. #GannonStauch

Weird because Cathy tweeted that they'd be re-streaming the webinar.

Cathy Russon
Letecia Stauch in court today for final pretrial hearing ahead of trial. We CAN broadcast this trial. The caveat is we can only use the court's webinar feed. Won't be perfect but we know there is a ton of interest in this case. Openings April 3rd. #GannonStauch
I just remembered that Law & Crime put the WebEx feed from the Redwine trial on their YouTube channel Live every day.

I guess we’ll know more when the Court uploads the Courtroom Decorum Order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther