Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is using "Insanity" defense? I didn't see that anywhere in the videos she is in...especially the one from the neighbor's "Ring" video.

While it is hard to understand that someone "sane" can kill a child...she is not insane. Narcissistic and anti social, yes. Insane, no.
Agreed. In my opinion she was certainly in her right mind covering up what she did...
So, in conclusion; she knew what she did was wrong.

While speaking to potential jurors, DA Allen was about to compare Stauch to the Aurora mass shooter case. Defense immediately objected to that characterization. After a brief discussion with Judge Werner, Allen moved off from discussing the Aurora shooter.

DA Michael Allen told prospective Jurors that they will have notepads during trial and encouraged note-taking due to the length of the trial.

He also told them that during witness testimony they will be allowed to ask questions of the witnesses. After Direct, Cross Exam and Re-Direct they can write the questions, hand to Bailiff for the Judge to review and determine if it’s an allowable question.
We saw this in the Mark Redwine trial and I thought it was a great idea.

JMO

Defense starts asking about potential hardships if they were to serve on the #LeteciaStauch jury. Defense attorney doesn't want jurors to experience potential hardships serving on a jury. But his 'only obligation is to that woman right there' - as he points to Letecia.

Potential juror told defense she is from Fountain and a part of the Facebook group, 'Find Gannon.' Remembers keeping an eye out for Gannon back in early 2020 before his remains were found in FL. Potential juror said “we were all looking for the kiddo.”

Clearly, the #1 concern for Tolini at the moment is grilling pretty much every potential juror on if they could truly presume someone is innocent when the allegations against Stauch are as horrific as they are. A few people admitted it would be "hard" or "difficult."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288