Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, watch the body language, and try to catch a liar's speech clues. I adore Janine Driver's take on body language. She's an expert. She talks fast though. There's lots of youtubes on her expertise. I know you watched the Murdaugh Trial, and here Janine Driver reveals to us some "tells".

The informative video is after a short ad.

I read her book — You Can’t Lie to Me!

I even took notes and here they are:)

RED FLAG RESPONSES

1. Ask questions that don’t relate to the question you asked

2. Give overly specific answers

3. Use an inappropriate level of politeness when they haven’t previously (“yes sir” or “no ma’am”)

4. Exhibit an inappropriate level of concern (“Why is this a big deal?”)

5. Make procedural complaints (“How long will this take?”)

6. Fail to understand a simple question

7. Make referral statements (“As I said before…”)

8. Invoke religion (“I swear to God”)

9. Have a selective memory (As far as I know…)

10. Use qualifers (basically, for the most part, probably)

11. Make convincing statements (“Do you think I’d risk my job for that?”)

12. Provide non-answer statements (“That’s a good question…” or “I knew you would ask me that…”)

13. Pause or delay before answering
Hiding mouth or eyes

OTHER RED FLAGS OF DECEPTION

- Deviations in normal behavior/speech
- Pauses at strange moments in conversation
- Changes in voice, pitch, tone, speed
- Answering questions before the person finishes asking it
- Mid-sentence course corrections (start and stop sentences)
- Mixes up past tense and present tense
- Skims over important details with yada yada yada, one thing led to another, some time later, blah blah blah, and so on and so forth
- offers up character testimony (“Ask anyone” statements)
- use of distancing language with words like “that” (I did not have sexual relations with that woman)
- repeats the question before answering
- can’t tell their story in reverse

Vocal tone rises = angry/excited
Vocal tone lowers = sadness/shame

8 Phrases Liars Use
  1. Who do you think I am?
  2. I would be stupid to do that.
  3. Just ask my friends.
  4. I swear to God.
  5. My word is my bond.
  6. I knew this would happen.
  7. Why don’t you question the person down the street?
  8. You think I’m lying to you?
BODY LANGUAGE TIPS

Scratching nose = typical response to the fight or flight response (other signs include: deep breathing, pale or red face, runny nose, nose rubbing, excessive sweating, jittery)

Palm down = wants you to calm down or back down

Genuine smiles = pull up towards ears, show crows feet around eyes; notice the corners of the lips and the cheek muscles

Genuine sadness = bottom lip pouts, inner brows pulls together & curl up (only 10% of people can deliberately pull down the corners of their lips without moving their chin muscles---which is the natural expression displayed in times of grief or sorrow)

Disgust = upper lip pulls up, nose wrinkles, brow pulls down

Fear = mouth opens, lips/jaw are taut, eyebrows raise and may be straight, eyes grow large with whites shown, they may put their hand over their mouth

Surprise = mouth opens & is relaxed, brows are up but curled

Anger = brows turn down, mouth grows tight, loss of color in top lip and becomes a solid line

Contempt = half smile; smirk of superiority

Face Blocking / Hiding in Hair = wants to disappear

Ill-timed Shrugs = feelings of uncertainty (including hand shrugs)

Squinting =the body is blocking the truth

Asymmetry is important—truthful gestures (smiles, shrugs, frowns) occur evenly on both sides; asymmetrical gestures reveal dishonest feelings

Be cautious of head nodding that moves in the opposite direction from their words (nodding up and down while saying no, etc)

PACIFIERS / GROOMING GESTURES

Nail Biting
Biting Cuticles
Cleaning Dirt from Under Nails
Examining Nails
Cracking Knuckles
Folding Hands or Arms
Rubbing Hands Together
Wiping Forehead
Tapping Fingers
Jiggling or Bouncing Leg
Chewing or Licking Lips
Clearing Throat or Coughing
Swallowing
Picking Lint Off Clothes
Smoothing Skirt
Digging in Ear
Scratching
Braiding Hair
Making Ponytail or “Updo”
Twisting or Twirling Hair

Lint Picking >> suggests he/she disagrees with or disapproves of what he/she is hearing and has opinions he/she is keeping to himself

LIARS MIGHT…

- be more talkative (offering more details sounds more convincing)
- cover their mouth
- touch or rub their eyes
- create a barrier between you (with purses, chairs, tables, vases, menus)
- sit or stand as still as possible; freeze the upper body
- display signs of discomfort or impatience (fidgeting, tapping, pen-clicking)
- dodge questions by ignoring or deflecting it or by asking their own question to find out how much you know
- claim they could or would never do such a thing (protest statements)
- separate contractions (did not, could not instead of didn’t, couldn’t)
- make specific denials (I don’t stab people, I did not try to cheat you)
- give you details in chronological order
- explain pre-events in great detail but skimp on details while explaining the main event
- fail to mention the aftermath or how something affected them (90% of liars fail to do this but truthful people spend a lot of time explaining what they did afterward or how it affected them)

:)

I read her book — You Can’t Lie to Me!

I even took notes and here they are:)

RED FLAG RESPONSES

1. Ask questions that don’t relate to the question you asked

2. Give overly specific answers

3. Use an inappropriate level of politeness when they haven’t previously (“yes sir” or “no ma’am”)

4. Exhibit an inappropriate level of concern (“Why is this a big deal?”)

5. Make procedural complaints (“How long will this take?”)

6. Fail to understand a simple question

7. Make referral statements (“As I said before…”)

8. Invoke religion (“I swear to God”)

9. Have a selective memory (As far as I know…)

10. Use qualifers (basically, for the most part, probably)

11. Make convincing statements (“Do you think I’d risk my job for that?”)

12. Provide non-answer statements (“That’s a good question…” or “I knew you would ask me that…”)

13. Pause or delay before answering
Hiding mouth or eyes

OTHER RED FLAGS OF DECEPTION

- Deviations in normal behavior/speech
- Pauses at strange moments in conversation
- Changes in voice, pitch, tone, speed
- Answering questions before the person finishes asking it
- Mid-sentence course corrections (start and stop sentences)
- Mixes up past tense and present tense
- Skims over important details with yada yada yada, one thing led to another, some time later, blah blah blah, and so on and so forth
- offers up character testimony (“Ask anyone” statements)
- use of distancing language with words like “that” (I did not have sexual relations with that woman)
- repeats the question before answering
- can’t tell their story in reverse

Vocal tone rises = angry/excited
Vocal tone lowers = sadness/shame

8 Phrases Liars Use
  1. Who do you think I am?
  2. I would be stupid to do that.
  3. Just ask my friends.
  4. I swear to God.
  5. My word is my bond.
  6. I knew this would happen.
  7. Why don’t you question the person down the street?
  8. You think I’m lying to you?
BODY LANGUAGE TIPS

Scratching nose = typical response to the fight or flight response (other signs include: deep breathing, pale or red face, runny nose, nose rubbing, excessive sweating, jittery)

Palm down = wants you to calm down or back down

Genuine smiles = pull up towards ears, show crows feet around eyes; notice the corners of the lips and the cheek muscles

Genuine sadness = bottom lip pouts, inner brows pulls together & curl up (only 10% of people can deliberately pull down the corners of their lips without moving their chin muscles---which is the natural expression displayed in times of grief or sorrow)

Disgust = upper lip pulls up, nose wrinkles, brow pulls down

Fear = mouth opens, lips/jaw are taut, eyebrows raise and may be straight, eyes grow large with whites shown, they may put their hand over their mouth

Surprise = mouth opens & is relaxed, brows are up but curled

Anger = brows turn down, mouth grows tight, loss of color in top lip and becomes a solid line

Contempt = half smile; smirk of superiority

Face Blocking / Hiding in Hair = wants to disappear

Ill-timed Shrugs = feelings of uncertainty (including hand shrugs)

Squinting =the body is blocking the truth

Asymmetry is important—truthful gestures (smiles, shrugs, frowns) occur evenly on both sides; asymmetrical gestures reveal dishonest feelings

Be cautious of head nodding that moves in the opposite direction from their words (nodding up and down while saying no, etc)

PACIFIERS / GROOMING GESTURES

Nail Biting
Biting Cuticles
Cleaning Dirt from Under Nails
Examining Nails
Cracking Knuckles
Folding Hands or Arms
Rubbing Hands Together
Wiping Forehead
Tapping Fingers
Jiggling or Bouncing Leg
Chewing or Licking Lips
Clearing Throat or Coughing
Swallowing
Picking Lint Off Clothes
Smoothing Skirt
Digging in Ear
Scratching
Braiding Hair
Making Ponytail or “Updo”
Twisting or Twirling Hair

Lint Picking >> suggests he/she disagrees with or disapproves of what he/she is hearing and has opinions he/she is keeping to himself

LIARS MIGHT…

- be more talkative (offering more details sounds more convincing)
- cover their mouth
- touch or rub their eyes
- create a barrier between you (with purses, chairs, tables, vases, menus)
- sit or stand as still as possible; freeze the upper body
- display signs of discomfort or impatience (fidgeting, tapping, pen-clicking)
- dodge questions by ignoring or deflecting it or by asking their own question to find out how much you know
- claim they could or would never do such a thing (protest statements)
- separate contractions (did not, could not instead of didn’t, couldn’t)
- make specific denials (I don’t stab people, I did not try to cheat you)
- give you details in chronological order
- explain pre-events in great detail but skimp on details while explaining the main event
- fail to mention the aftermath or how something affected them (90% of liars fail to do this but truthful people spend a lot of time explaining what they did afterward or how it affected them)

:)
38.gif
Thank You so much @cujenn81 for taking all those important notes on Janine Driver's book "You Can't Lie to Me". I copied and pasted it into a Word document too. Bring on the liars so I can study them now!

IIRC, LS initially came up with an outrageous story about being attacked by someone in the basement yet she was allowed to go upstairs to get minor step-daughter and then would go back down to basement for more abuse by attacker. Made no sense. Of course she claimed head trauma (but imo she already had head trauma and it wasn't from any attack) from the incident …

Supposedly, Gannon sees the attack and is kidnapped by the attacker, LS claimed. LS blamed it on an Hispanic male being her attacker, and Gannon's kidnapper.

Does the story even sound credible … no, not imo. Red flags everywhere are flying. Additionally, this man had agreed to repair the carpet from the candle incident and that’s how he was able to get in the house, LS claimed.

LE was able to prove this ridiculous story false via her phone records and text messages. Something to that effort.

moo
Being attacked? honestly if this went down the attacker would not allow anyone take a time out to go out of sight just to grab another possible witness to this attack. GS then sees the attack and taken away for what purpose? more baggage to haul around and a possible link back to the attacker lol. In reality a home invasion, intruder if bent on killing as well will leave the house alone only after all witnesses are dead, dead folks tell no tale.

I shall shorten this up a bit... :)

Thursday, March 9th:
*Pretrial Readiness Conference Hearing (Murder) & Review Hearing (escape attempt) (@ 1:30pm MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (reported missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL., Santa Rosa County; ID’d on June 6, 2020) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 39) aka Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin (maiden name) & Letecia Lynn Hunt (1st married name) Tiffany Taylor Stauch & Taylor Swift arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond. [see below for re-filed charges].
Charged (re-filed 3/20/20) & arraigned (11/4/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree felony child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree felony tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree felony tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (special enhancer: firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond. Plead not guilty. On 2/11/22 changed plea to not guilty by reason of insanity.
Charged (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond. Plead not guilty.
Trial set to begin on 3/20/23 with jury selection (could take up to 14 days). Trial will begin on 4/3/23 (6 week trial). Judge Gregory Werner set 4/3/23 as the earliest date that attorneys can begin opening statements, even if jury selection is completed earlier than expected.
12 jurors & 6 alternates to be picked. No trial on Thursdays. No trial on 5/12/23. Judge wants 12 jurors & 6 alternates.

Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 1/12/23 reference post #244 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-53.634533/page-13

1/23/23: [O-25] Matters to discuss at 2/2/23 hearing. All motions were to have been filed by 12/15/22. Defendant previously filed a motion for change of venue & a motion to waive jury trial. Those motions remain outstanding. The Court did not receive any other motions by the deadline imposed by the Court. Defense's report from the 2nd evaluation has not been received by DA. Jury selection to commence on 3/20/23. Court will discuss mechanics of jury selection. Counsel should be prepared to discuss anticipated length of time for presentation of evidence for trial. The proposed venire will need to be advised of the potential witnesses in this case. The court will discuss media restrictions with counsel Filed by District Court Judge Gregory R. Werner. Next motions hearing on 2/2/23 & pretrial readiness hearing on 3/9/23, with review hearings re escape attempt on the same days.
2/2/23 Update: During Thursday's motions hearing, Judge Gregory Werner said the trial, set to begin with jury selection on 3/20/23, could potentially take up to 2 weeks. Fourth Judicial DA Michael Allen said the prosecution's case alone will take six weeks to present to a jury. Witnesses will be flown into Colorado Springs from all over the country according to prosecutors. Stauch's second sanity evaluation conducted by the defense is complete. The Fourth Judicial DA & the courts are waiting for those results to be handed over by mid-February. Defense said it would give the evaluation to prosecutors by 2/13/23. Stauch’s attorneys filed motions requesting to change the venue & waive a jury for her trial. These requests were not addressed by the judge during Thursday’s hearing. Instead, the judge confirmed a date of March 20 to start jury selection. A majority of Thursday was spent identifying questions that will be permitted on the juror surveys. These questions will deal with a victim’s age (11), a defendant's sanity & their familiarity with the Stauch case. Judge Werner said that jury selection for the trial alone could take up to 14 days due to the likelihood of many jurors being unable to be present for all six weeks of the trial. The judge said following the selection of 12 jurors & 6 alternates, presentation of evidence will start no sooner than 4/3/23, even if the jury selection is completed earlier. Per Judge there will be no trial on Thursdays. There will be no trial on 5/12/23. Jury selection will be audio only & media will be able to record live stream of trial. Defense wants potential jurors to be asked how they feel about a NGRI defense just like they are typically asked how they feel about the death penalty. Judge requests defense file a motion on this. Prosecutor suggests this can be part of the questionnaire. Judge is not averse to adding to the questionnaire but doesn't want an 18 pager -- it's a logistic issue for the court & scanning the document. Those issues should be resolved by February 16. Judge Werner plans to issue a summons for 75 jurors a day until they have a qualified jury pool of 50 candidates to seat 12 jurors & 6 alternates for the case. Stauch will return to court for the final time prior to her jury trial on 3/9/23 for a pretrial readiness conference & maybe a decision on the outstanding defense motions for a change of venue for Stauch's jury trial & a motion to waive the jury trial entirely in favor of a court trial were not ruled on by Judge Werner at Thursday's hearing.
2/2/23: [P-36] Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - AT&T. [P-36] People’s Attachment A to Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - AT&T. [P-37] Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - Life360. [P-37] People’s Attachment A to Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - Life360. [P-38] Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - Verizon. [P-38] People’s Attachment A to Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - Verizon. [P-39] Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - ADT. [P-39] People’s Attachment A to Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - ADT. All filed by the State. Added from 12/1/22: (P-33) People's position regarding the defendant's request to waive a jury trial. People object to defendant's waiver of her right to a jury trial.

I shall shorten this up a bit... :)

Thursday, March 9th:
*Pretrial Readiness Conference Hearing (Murder) & Review Hearing (escape attempt) (@ 1:30pm MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (reported missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL., Santa Rosa County; ID’d on June 6, 2020) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 39) aka Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin (maiden name) & Letecia Lynn Hunt (1st married name) Tiffany Taylor Stauch & Taylor Swift arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond. [see below for re-filed charges].
Charged (re-filed 3/20/20) & arraigned (11/4/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree felony child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree felony tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree felony tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (special enhancer: firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond. Plead not guilty. On 2/11/22 changed plea to not guilty by reason of insanity.
Charged (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond. Plead not guilty.
Trial set to begin on 3/20/23 with jury selection (could take up to 14 days). Trial will begin on 4/3/23 (6 week trial). Judge Gregory Werner set 4/3/23 as the earliest date that attorneys can begin opening statements, even if jury selection is completed earlier than expected.
12 jurors & 6 alternates to be picked. No trial on Thursdays. No trial on 5/12/23. Judge wants 12 jurors & 6 alternates.

Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 1/12/23 reference post #244 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-53.634533/page-13

1/23/23: [O-25] Matters to discuss at 2/2/23 hearing. All motions were to have been filed by 12/15/22. Defendant previously filed a motion for change of venue & a motion to waive jury trial. Those motions remain outstanding. The Court did not receive any other motions by the deadline imposed by the Court. Defense's report from the 2nd evaluation has not been received by DA. Jury selection to commence on 3/20/23. Court will discuss mechanics of jury selection. Counsel should be prepared to discuss anticipated length of time for presentation of evidence for trial. The proposed venire will need to be advised of the potential witnesses in this case. The court will discuss media restrictions with counsel Filed by District Court Judge Gregory R. Werner. Next motions hearing on 2/2/23 & pretrial readiness hearing on 3/9/23, with review hearings re escape attempt on the same days.
2/2/23 Update: During Thursday's motions hearing, Judge Gregory Werner said the trial, set to begin with jury selection on 3/20/23, could potentially take up to 2 weeks. Fourth Judicial DA Michael Allen said the prosecution's case alone will take six weeks to present to a jury. Witnesses will be flown into Colorado Springs from all over the country according to prosecutors. Stauch's second sanity evaluation conducted by the defense is complete. The Fourth Judicial DA & the courts are waiting for those results to be handed over by mid-February. Defense said it would give the evaluation to prosecutors by 2/13/23. Stauch’s attorneys filed motions requesting to change the venue & waive a jury for her trial. These requests were not addressed by the judge during Thursday’s hearing. Instead, the judge confirmed a date of March 20 to start jury selection. A majority of Thursday was spent identifying questions that will be permitted on the juror surveys. These questions will deal with a victim’s age (11), a defendant's sanity & their familiarity with the Stauch case. Judge Werner said that jury selection for the trial alone could take up to 14 days due to the likelihood of many jurors being unable to be present for all six weeks of the trial. The judge said following the selection of 12 jurors & 6 alternates, presentation of evidence will start no sooner than 4/3/23, even if the jury selection is completed earlier. Per Judge there will be no trial on Thursdays. There will be no trial on 5/12/23. Jury selection will be audio only & media will be able to record live stream of trial. Defense wants potential jurors to be asked how they feel about a NGRI defense just like they are typically asked how they feel about the death penalty. Judge requests defense file a motion on this. Prosecutor suggests this can be part of the questionnaire. Judge is not averse to adding to the questionnaire but doesn't want an 18 pager -- it's a logistic issue for the court & scanning the document. Those issues should be resolved by February 16. Judge Werner plans to issue a summons for 75 jurors a day until they have a qualified jury pool of 50 candidates to seat 12 jurors & 6 alternates for the case. Stauch will return to court for the final time prior to her jury trial on 3/9/23 for a pretrial readiness conference & maybe a decision on the outstanding defense motions for a change of venue for Stauch's jury trial & a motion to waive the jury trial entirely in favor of a court trial were not ruled on by Judge Werner at Thursday's hearing.
2/2/23: [P-36] Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - AT&T. [P-36] People’s Attachment A to Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - AT&T. [P-37] Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - Life360. [P-37] People’s Attachment A to Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - Life360. [P-38] Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - Verizon. [P-38] People’s Attachment A to Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - Verizon. [P-39] Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - ADT. [P-39] People’s Attachment A to Notice of People’s Intent to Introduce Self-Authenticating Records at Trial Pursuant To C.R.S. 902(11) - ADT. All filed by the State. Added from 12/1/22: (P-33) People's position regarding the defendant's request to waive a jury trial. People object to defendant's waiver of her right to a jury trial.
Thanks Niner!

Letecia Stauch to make final appearance in court Thursday before jury trial​

A hearing Thursday afternoon is expected to be Letecia Stauch's final court appearance before the start of her trial later this month.

Stauch, 39, is accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson Gannon in January 2020. Attorneys at the hearing will be asked by Judge Gregory Werner to declare ready for trial, and if both the prosecution and defense declare ready Stauch's trial will go ahead as scheduled.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin March 20, and opening statements are expected to begin no earlier than April 3, even if jury selection is completed before then.

A hearing Thursday afternoon is expected to be Letecia Stauch's final court appearance before the start of her trial later this month.

Stauch, 39, is accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson Gannon in January 2020. Attorneys at the hearing will be asked by Judge Gregory Werner to declare ready for trial, and if both the prosecution and defense declare ready Stauch's trial will go ahead as scheduled.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin March 20, and opening statements are expected to begin no earlier than April 3, even if jury selection is completed before then.
Let’s get this over with. Never want to see her face again.

Innocent little Gannon will never be forgotten!

Justice train is parked out front and we are waiting for this trial to begin. I foresee LS creating distractions throughout the trial and having a history of attacking authorities would not be surprised to see possible outburst against them and witnesses.

Ahhh yes the Eduardo story wasn't there another guy also,Gawd all those stories and lies she told and the evil witch almost got away with it. Soon there will be justice and T will be locked away for a very long time.jmoo

There was one where two men confront her in the street (Eguardo appears in that one too, I think). Something about potential sex trafficking or similar.

Then it morphs into carpet repairman/killer in the house. Apparently, this killer or killers was so kind as to return to the house with Gannon's body so that LS (Tee) could put it in a suitcase, as one does, and transport it cross country, as one does.

The fact that LS believes others will believe these tales is her personal MO. She has one foot in reality (firmly planted, so that she can carry out her lies and scams) and the other foot in a personal La-La Land where she is Queen of Reality and everyone else is amazed by her.

I do hope she pleads out. I will watch every minute of the trial if she doesn't, but I do wish Gannon's parents could be spared. They both trusted her, in their own ways. She's an expert at roping people in. She's also my nominee for Most Heinous Murderer of the last decade.

MOO.

In about 15 minutes Letecia Stauch should be making her final court appearance ahead of her trial, which is scheduled to begin on March 20th. I’ll be covering today’s hearing, and will try and tweet updates, for the @csgazette.

Prosecution has just declared ready for trial, but with the caveat that the defense expert submits their findings on Stauch’s mental health evaluation. DA Michael Allen is saying that the final report may not even be ready until the middle of trial.

Allen just described it as “problematic” and potentially “bad faith” from the defense expert.

The first mental health report that was completed by CMHIP found Stauch to be sane.

According to Judge Gregory Werner in august

Prosecution is saying there is pretty significant missing discovery from the defense’s expert “Dr. Lewis”

Allen mentioned the possibility of trying to exclude the defense expert from trial if there isn’t a resolution of some sort.

Defense for Stauch is saying they were unaware that everything hadn’t been turned over, and that he would work towards doing it tonight.

Final report regarding sanity is coming next week according to defense attorney Josh Tolini. But they are also requesting an MRI for Stauch as well. “Doing everything we can to be ready,” Tolini said to the court.

Werner just said he was “puzzled” at how this defense expert has yet to file a report with the court yet.

Werner said he wants to hear from Dr. Lewis now because of the significant delays.

“I have to think about this for a bit,” Werner said. Jury trial starting on March 20th potentially in jeopardy here, we shall see. Tolini just reassured Werner that he will get the report to the court “as soon as I can.”

“This is a disrespect to court deadlines,” Allen just said regarding the defense’s expert. “I’ve never seen anything like this.” Werner agreed with Allen, saying he hadn’t seen anything either.

Desire from prosecution is to start trial march 20th with “the report in hand” Allen requesting to receive report by Wednesday of next week, Tolini requesting a deadline for the report to be next Friday, 3 days before trial.

Werner rules hard deadline for the report is March 16th by 5:00. “Convey to your expert it’s not a suggestion, it’s not a guideline… it’s a deadline.”

“If she wants to testify here in this case, it has to be done (by the deadline),” Werner said.

Appears trial is going ahead at that March 20 date, at least for now.

That’s a wrap here today, trial is going ahead March 20th. We will see what happens in regards to that sanity report, but as of now trial still scheduled to go ahead. I’ll be at trial for the first day on March 20th with an intention on covering every day after that.

Edited: additional tweets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members