CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53

Last edited by a moderator:

Today is a glimpse into why this process is expected to take two full weeks. It took seven full hours today for the court to come up with 20 potential jurors out of the 110 needed.

We will get back at it tomorrow when a new group of 75 will be brought into the courtroom and the same process will play out as today. This will be repeated every day until a pool of around 110 are selected for the final stage of jury selection on April 3.

Thanks @Seattle1-- "No, the defense requested extended voir dire and Judge Werner rejected the request."

Looks like they will select the jurors and go right into the trial on the same day. Amazing.

That process begins with attorneys and Judge Werner working to whittle the list down to 110 potential jurors, all of whom will be called back to the court on April 3, when attorneys will select the jury.

Opening statements are scheduled to begin that same afternoon.

BBM & UBM

Opening statements are scheduled to begin that same afternoon.
If that is the case that they will select the 18 jurors (12 and 6), and go right into the Opening Statements the same day, then asking the right questions is of the utmost importance in these next two weeks. Today, it took me awhile to get into the meeting, and I couldn't hear many of the jurors answers, but now I see, if they do it right and can select their jurors quickly that day, then, the actual trial just might start April 3rd. It'd be very efficient and note worthy if they can pull it off, IMO.

The potential jurors responded with a mix of opinions on all the topics brought forward by Allen.

Meanwhile, Tolini spent the majority of his time asking every potential jury member if they could truly presume Stauch’s innocence amid such horrific allegations.

“I admit it’s not going to be easy,” one potential juror said after questioning from Tolini.

“It would definitely be difficult,” another said.

A handful of potential jurors also admitted during Tolini’s voir dire that the not guilty by reason of insanity plea is one that they can't take seriously.

“It’s for cowards,” one woman remarked when asked by Tolini.

1679373240166.png
This is all about Justice for Gannon.
Red Heart Shape Smiley

Letecia Stauch has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity in the case. She faces numerous charges in the case including:
  • First-degree murder after deliberation
  • First-degree murder of a person under 12 by someone in a position of trust
  • Child abuse resulting in death
  • Tampering with a deceased human body
  • Tampering with physical evidence
  • Seven counts of a crime of violence for using a weapon (the weapons listed in the complaint include a firearm, blunt object and sharp object)
  • One count of crime of violence – causing severe bodily injury or death

If that is the case that they will select the 18 jurors (12 and 6), and go right into the Opening Statements the same day, then asking the right questions is of the utmost importance in these next two weeks. Today, it took me awhile to get into the meeting, and I couldn't hear many of the jurors answers, but now I see, if they do it right and can select their jurors quickly that day, then, the actual trial just might start April 3rd. It'd be very efficient and note worthy if they can pull it off, IMO.

The potential jurors responded with a mix of opinions on all the topics brought forward by Allen.

Meanwhile, Tolini spent the majority of his time asking every potential jury member if they could truly presume Stauch’s innocence amid such horrific allegations.

“I admit it’s not going to be easy,” one potential juror said after questioning from Tolini.

“It would definitely be difficult,” another said.

A handful of potential jurors also admitted during Tolini’s voir dire that the not guilty by reason of insanity plea is one that they can't take seriously.

“It’s for cowards,” one woman remarked when asked by Tolini.
Thanks, I agree.

Judge Werner already had an idea in mind when they had the pretrial hearing of how he wanted to 'move'em in and out.'

IMO, he's extremely aware of the time commitment the trial will require and wants the jury selection process to be both positive and efficient for the potential jurors. I think he's a good fit to preside over this difficult case. JMO

ETA: I'm reading about the jury selection in Bakersfield, CA for the young West boys today allegedly murdered by their adoptive parents. It seems they waited until today to hand out the questionnaires when I think this is something that can be done in advance when candidates respond to the jury duty notice.

[…]

Jury selection is expected to last up to two weeks, with an expected start of evidence presentation no later than April 3, and about six weeks of trial for the presentation of evidence in the case.

The judge expressed his opinion of the biggest obstacle in the jury selection process will be jurors claiming hardship for being involved in such a long case, and in his experience, concerns about the nature of the case and the age of the victim. Concerns about pre-trial publicity were considered secondary as the court does not expect to find people who have never heard about the case.

The day started with 75 potential jurors showing up to court. Many of them told the judge they have conflicts like work, school, health concerns and being out of town.

Others said that they have strong feelings about crimes involving children, or have already formed opinions on the case after following it through local news and media. By mid-day, more than half of the potential jurors had been dismissed.

[…]

On Monday, the judge and attorneys on both sides narrowed down the potential jurors to a group of 20 people. Judge Werner said they’ll be going through the jury selection process every day until they reach a group of 110 people, and then they’ll bring the first 75 back. Their hope is to do that on April 3rd. He added, it is possible they will not have their projected number of jurors by that date.

For trial, 12 qualified jurors will be selected along with six alternates. Judge Werner said prosecutors and the defense should be finished presenting evidence in mid-to-late May.

[…]

Jury selection for Letecia Stauch murder trial began in El Paso County

It really warms my heart to see so many familiar faces here showing up for Gannon.

I never doubted for a minute that any of y’all would ever forget our pledge to never forget him. And to be here until we saw Justice.

Forgive me if I sound sappy, but I feel like we are all assembling like a Justice League for our little G-man.

So many emotions— happy that it’s coming to an end -+ Nervous and dreading the horrible details.
Hope ~ that G’s Mom can finally get even a tiny bit of relief that this Monster is going to finally pay for what she did.

Please take care of yourselves and each other.

Tuesday, March 21st:
*Jury Selection continues (Day 2) (@ 9am MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (reported missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL., Santa Rosa County; ID’d on June 6, 2020) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 39) akas Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin (maiden name) & Letecia Lynn Hunt (1st married name), Tiffany Taylor Stauch & Taylor Swift arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond. [see below for re-filed charges].
Charged (re-filed 3/20/20) & arraigned (11/4/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree felony child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree felony tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree felony tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (special enhancer: firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond. Plead not guilty. On 2/11/22 changed plea to not guilty by reason of insanity.
Charged (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond. Plead not guilty.
Trial began on 3/20/23 with jury selection (could take up to 14 days).
Trial will begin on 4/3/23 (6 week trial) in the afternoon. Judge Gregory Werner set 4/3/23 as the earliest date that attorneys can begin opening statements, even if jury selection is completed earlier than expected.
12 jurors & 6 alternates to be picked. No trial on Thursdays. No trial on 5/12/23.

Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 3/1/23 reference post #773 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-53.634533/page-39

3/1/23: [O-29] Order directing use of all force reasonably necessary to secure the attendance of defendant at trial. Defendant MUST appear for each day of trial. If defendant appears & chooses not to be present for trial, she will be held in a holding cell in the courthouse & the Court will have her brought to the courtroom at various times during the day to see if she has changed her mind regarding attending her trial. Order by District Court Judge Gregory R. Werner.
3/20/23: (P-44) People's uncontested notice to the Court & defense of people's intention to release evidence item #278. (A 20 gauge shotgun registered to Eugene A. Stauch & placed it into the El Paso County Sheriff's office evidence. People no long need to retain this shotgun for evidence for the prosecution of this case & will release the shogun to the registered owner, Eugene A. Stauch.
3/20/23 Monday, Jury Selection Day 1: Around 75 people called in to start the day & as expected almost all of them thus far have indicated the length of the trial would significantly impact their lives. Common reasoning so far they include college, work & vacations. 48 of the 75 people told the Judge that the length of trial would be a significant impact to their lives. Judge tells potential jurors that trial will last thru mid-May or even late May.
For more info see posts #821, 829, 835 & 837 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-53.634533/page-42
About 15 people indicated they had some sort of bias that could impact their ability to be on the jury. 39 people have been dismissed by Judge Werner. In total 40 have been dismissed so far.
For more info see posts #841, 842, 845, 846, 856 to 859 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-53.634533/page-43
Lead prosecutor Michael Allen gave a mini opening statement to the remaining potential jurors. And defense attorney Josh Tolini said that there will be no evidence presented to show "why she did this" & that she was "in a psychotic state" in the weeks leading up to Gannon's death. After the brief overview of the case 4 more people stated they do not think they could be part of the trial due to bias. Judge dismissed 3 more people. Have 32 left out the 75 called today.
For more info see posts #861 to 864, 867, 868 & 872 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-53.634533/page-44
Only 20 potential jurors now remain after Judge Werner dismissed 12 more people following the end of voir dire. The remaining 20 potential jurors will return on 4/3/23 for the end of jury selection.
For more info see posts #954, 955, 963 & 965 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-53.634533/page-48
Jury selection continues on Tuesday, 3/21/23. A new group of 75 will be brought into the courtroom & the same process will play out as today. This will be repeated every day until a pool of around 110 are selected for the final stage of jury selection on 4/3/23. The plan is they come together on 4/3 to pick final 18 (12 jurors & 6 alternates).

It really warms my heart to see so many familiar faces here showing up for Gannon.

I never doubted for a minute that any of y’all would ever forget our pledge to never forget him. And to be here until we saw Justice.

Forgive me if I sound sappy, but I feel like we are all assembling like a Justice League for our little G-man.

So many emotions— happy that it’s coming to an end -+ Nervous and dreading the horrible details.
Hope ~ that G’s Mom can finally get even a tiny bit of relief that this Monster is going to finally pay for what she did.

Please take care of yourselves and each other.
All of the precious pictures of Gannon really are touching. I can't see Sonic the Hedgehog without bursting into tears. This young boy suffered and ultimately died at the hands of truly 'an evil stepmother" and it just breaks my heart. He was just a sweet boy.

All of the craziness LS has pulled has been part of her big plan NGRI, but I have no doubt she will sentenced to prison for the rest of her life. I hope she suffers every day of what is left of it.

MOO

Our beautiful boy. I don’t know how I found it. Pure luck. out of nowhere this little runaway was posted on a random military real estate site and some military dude that offered to run his drone out looking for Gannon only cause Al was a fellow military person. He didn’t know any of them. Then I happened to know spot this little runaway at the same time was being posted by his aunt in some political Facebook. It just all came together and I thought, yeah this little boy is well loved to have so many people anlready looking annd posting for him. important and has some big players as relatives. Who knew???… We do so love you Gannon. You are important and special to make a difference in missing children cases. You won’t be forgotten. Ever. ❤️

For trial, 12 qualified jurors will be selected along with six alternates. Judge Werner said prosecutors and the defense should be finished presenting evidence in mid-to-late May.

As is normal in Colorado courts, media coverage of the events will be limited. Judge Gregory Werner is allowed one member of the print media and one from electronic media in the courtroom for jury selection. As of right now, no cameras will be allowed in the courtroom to cover the actual trial process. However, anyone can watch using the virtual courtroom option from the El Paso County court system.

News5 also spoke with a retired judge about the jury selection process in a case like this.

“The fact that it's been a period of time of three years that has lapsed, that there will be many people, many jurors that won't have a distinct recollection about what's going on, and that'll make it easier on both the prosecution and the defense to be able to say, ‘Okay you're knowledge about this case is very limited.’ that's the kind of jury we're looking to see at this time,” said retired Judge Dennis Maes.

Last edited:
When he died, Gannon was the same age that my nephew was at the time. In him, I still see Gannon and a sweet young man who loved his mom and sisters, and Sonic. LS can try whatever she likes (and I don't doubt that she will), but she is inherently unlikable and I hope every day that the jurors will see the truth that we have all known for 3 years.

The reporter mentioned that she was smiling and talking with her defense attorney. as the hearing began. Then she began taking notes. Shades of Casey Anthony and Jody Arias, with the fake note taking. :rolleyes:
LS has no use for empathy, pity for others and the only true love she may feel is only for herself. If she show's any emotion or concern for GS during the Trial it's only to benefit herself as she splashes around in her insanity plea pool.

snip for focus---

As is normal in Colorado courts, media coverage of the events will be limited. Judge Gregory Werner is allowed one member of the print media and one from electronic media in the courtroom for jury selection. As of right now, no cameras will be allowed in the courtroom to cover the actual trial process. However, anyone can watch using the virtual courtroom option from the El Paso County court system.

[/URL]

What does that mean, exactly? Does that mean the El Paso County court will be filming it and we can log in and see it. I'm always confused about the use of the word, "virtual."

What does that mean, exactly? Does that mean the El Paso County court will be filming it and we can log in and see it. I'm always confused about the use of the word, "virtual."

CO Judicial Branch (see link) provided a link at their site, which allows audio for others to listen in during jury selection. No cameras are allowed in the courtroom during this time so there is no visual view of the actual courtroom. This protects potential jurors privacy. Hope that helps.

CO Judicial Branch (see link) provided a link at their site, which allows audio for others to listen in during jury selection. No cameras are allowed in the courtroom during this time so there is no visual view of the actual courtroom. This protects potential jurors privacy. Hope that helps.
Okay. Thanks. Just audio.

That helps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members