Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Seattle1
I've made a note of the Fountain News :)
I did kinda follow the Kelsey Berreth case but not as intensely as this!! So this has probably been asked 1000 times (sorry) Was it at any point classed as a criminal investigation to the public? Before Frazee's arrest?? TIA

It was when blood evidence was found in KB's condo (before PF arrest) that KB's case was being investigated as a criminal investigation.

Kelsey was formerly reported missing on Dec 2, 2018 but she was last seen publically on Thanksgiving Day.

Physical signs of her were lacking, but a digital footprint helped to suggest foul play was evident very early beginning with Nov 25th when Kelsey's phone pinged off a tower near Gooding, ID.

You know what would prove her to be not guilty of a crime? Finding Gannon. She should be busting her tail trying to find him and hoping against hope that he is ok because 1) it’s the only right thing to do, and 2) the actual evidence should prove her innocence. I’m not seeing any of that - just defensive behavior and a narcissistic personality.

Also, to those of you wondering about digging a hole - I live in CO and have a small, fake, plastic Halloween fence in my yard that I waited too long to pull out of the ground. The stakes may only be an inch deep. I tried pulling it up a week or so before Gannon’s disappearance. The ground is so hard it won’t budge. Sorry, neighbors!

I don't know that SM literally stated she was a suspect (in her recent, written media statement) but I think she implied she believed that she was being treated like a suspect by LE (during her backside TV interview about 3 weeks ago). MOO

It appears that she did make that statement, per this article. Of course, whether it is true or not...
I thought it was interesting that this article says her "daughter was briefly handcuffed" when their car was pulled over. I thought I remembered hearing TS claimed that they were approached while inside a store? I believe LE has not made any statement about this, so the source of the info for this article may be questionable.

Stepmother Tecia has claimed she was treated as a suspect and denied a lawyer when investigators grilled her last week.

She also claimed her 17-year-old daughter was briefly handcuffed when detectives pulled their car over on Thursday.

She told KKTV deputies had guns drawn and told her they were going to shoot her without identifying themselves as law enforcement officers.
CCTV shows 'sluggish' missing boy, 11, leaving with STEPMOM before vanishing

Are you talking about this midmoonlady? If so, I have not seen this mentioned either.

"LeTecia told the El Paso County Sheriff's Office that Gannon left home through a side door on January 27 to walk to a friend's house in Colorado Springs."
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about. Even if this is true, how do she know what door he left out of if she was supposedly working out in the basement when he left? But this would make sense with her statement of him having the only key.

Last edited:
It appears that she did make that statement, per this article. Of course, whether it is true or not...
I thought it was interesting that this article says her "daughter was briefly handcuffed" when their car was pulled over. I thought I remembered hearing TS claimed that they were approached while inside a store? I believe LE has not made any statement about this, so the source of the info for this article may be questionable.

Stepmother Tecia has claimed she was treated as a suspect and denied a lawyer when investigators grilled her last week.

She also claimed her 17-year-old daughter was briefly handcuffed when detectives pulled their car over on Thursday.

She told KKTV deputies had guns drawn and told her they were going to shoot her without identifying themselves as law enforcement officers.
CCTV shows 'sluggish' missing boy, 11, leaving with STEPMOM before vanishing

I hope that these policemen have body cams. I highly doubt they pulled a gun on her and her daughter unless they were being uncooperative. Is this the same time they took the car keys? If so, why TS put the keys in her pocket if she was being held at gunpoint? The last thing I would be worried about is retrieving my keys.

MOO

Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about. Even if this is true, how do she know what door he left out of if she was supposedly working out in the basement when he left? But this would make since with her statement of him having the only key.

I was under the impression LS said GS had the key to the side gate, not the key to the side door.

I have no idea about what she said, of course. The side door report may be new information. But frankly, it's also possible a reporter got it wrong.

I certainly understand why WS requires MSM news sources. And LS's accounts DO seem inconsistent. But that doesn't mean that every news story is an accurate report of what every person said. We've already seen some inaccurate reporting of what was said by LE at news conferences, for example.

Edited to add forgotten JMO

I was under the impression LS said GS had the key to the side gate, not the key to the side door.

I have no idea about what she said, of course. The side door report may be new information. But frankly, it's also possible a reporter got it wrong.

I certainly understand why WS requires MSM news sources. And LS's accounts DO seem inconsistent. But that doesn't mean that every news story is an accurate report of what every person said. We've already seen some inaccurate reporting of what was said by LE at news conferences, for example.

Edited to add forgotten JMO

Yes she stated the key was to the side gate and I am thinking that if he went out the side door and the yard is fenced, he would need to get out of the side gate. Would make more sense of her key statement if she had originally said he went out the side door. And you are correct, it could just be an error in reporting but I look for small inconsistent pieces of info that may give us a clue.

Personally I think she was just using the gate as an excuse that he wasn't on the neighbors camera leaving the house. It seems most people think that there was blood on the gate. We may never know the signficance of the gate/key, until there is a trial.

MOO

Week 4. Wow! Where is Gannon?

I still have the Kelsey Bereth case on my mind and the local proximity makes me wonder about the public behavior of someone close to the missing person and comparing it to other missing person cases.

Once Kelsey was publicly declared missing and authorities out the word out, our eventual convict PF was the likely suspect. He was silent, stoic, and seriously cranky when asked about his fiancé Kelsey. Not interested in talking about her or pleading for help finding her. In about a year we learned the grisly details of his involvement.

On the other hand, in the Shannan Watts case, CW happily put himself in front of the cameras and was willing to plead for his family to return. In a matter of weeks we learned of his horrifying involvement.

Now, in Gannon’s case, we have a person close to the missing person selectively talking to the media and appearing to talk on social media but not about Gannon. She is mostly talking about herself. Proclaiming her innocence and complaining about how this situation is affecting her.

We don’t know for sure if this person is involved with Gannon’s disappearance, but we do know it is not looking good for her.

If anyone is willing to humor me, I’m curious if there have been other individuals close to a missing person case that have acted similarly to the way LS is currently behaving and how it turned out in the end?

Speaking publicly about the case but only about how it is affecting them?

Not pleading for the missing person to return but only focusing on themself?

Who else has behaved selfishly after a missing person case and how has it turned out for them?

jmo

Playing devil's advocate here. Let's say that you were in TS's shoes right now and you had nothing to do with GS disappearance but everyone is looking at you as a suspect. What would you do differently at this point in the investigation? (I know, acting shady has not helped her at all, but let's just say she is socially inappropriate and innocent).

The only thing I can think of is to be more active in finding GS. Pass out flyers, help in any events and mostly stop talking ill of LH.

MOO

I still have the Kelsey Bereth case on my mind and the local proximity makes me wonder about the public behavior of someone close to the missing person and comparing it to other missing person cases.

Once Kelsey was publicly declared missing and authorities out the word out, our eventual convict PF was the likely suspect. He was silent, stoic, and seriously cranky when asked about his fiancé Kelsey. Not interested in talking about her or pleading for help finding her. In about a year we learned the grisly details of his involvement.

On the other hand, in the Shannan Watts case, CW happily put himself in front of the cameras and was willing to plead for his family to return. In a matter of weeks we learned of his horrifying involvement.

Now, in Gannon’s case, we have a person close to the missing person selectively talking to the media and appearing to talk on social media but not about Gannon. She is mostly talking about herself. Proclaiming her innocence and complaining about how this situation is affecting her.

We don’t know for sure if this person is involved with Gannon’s disappearance, but we do know it is not looking good for her.

If anyone is willing to humor me, I’m curious if there have been other individuals close to a missing person case that have acted similarly to the way LS is currently behaving and how it turned out in the end?

Who else has behaved selfishly after a missing person case and how has it turned out for them?

jmo

Casey Anthony - we all know how that turned out. She didn't cooperate, lied and didn't participate in the search for her own child. Self centered, partied, etc. etc.

giphy.gif

Who’s here for Gannon?!

Week 4. Wow! Where is

jmo

mark Redwines behaviour was very similar, he’s currently been sitting in jail for a couple of years awaiting trial for his 13yr old son Dylan’s murder.

jmo

I do recall a couple of cases of missing women where the boyfriends acted pretty oddly and publicly appeared to be concerned only about themselves. I don't want to name the cases because the boyfriends were ultimately found not to be involved despite how it looked for awhile. But those cases involved missing adults, not missing children.

But I can think of one high-profile child murder in the 1990s where the parents "lawyered up" and reportly avoided speaking to the police. That could be interpreted as caring more about themselves than catching the perpetrator. The case is still officially unsolved.

JMO

jmo

SBM

Fotis Dulos. Commit suicide while out on bond, charged with murdering his wife.

JMO

jmo
Well let me just say that I keep waiting for LS to say “I’m Gannon’s number one advocate”.

There has been much conversation about the shadow on the opposite side of the truck when TS returned to the home. Is it possible that it was simply the garage door going up? Did she activate a garage door opener from inside the truck and enter the house through the garage? An overhead light goes on in our garage as the door lifts and could create a shadow effect. Just a thought.

If I never hear about that low quality video of a video again, I'd be okay with that.
Although I do confess, it would be really interesting to have a professional videographer/video editor watch it, and explain what we're actually seeing.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member