Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think this was possible as I think LE were watching her from the moment she reported him missing. Although she reported him as a runaway and LE went with that story, I don’t think they believed her at all.

Had to be LNF, the community ,AS and LE were exhausted with her before the video of the neighbor was released. Her "it' interview was before the neighbors video. All LE needs,(and most of us really) to get our suspicions aroused, is for someone to keep changing their story in a brief timeframe. It's the old concept, easy to tell a lie but keeping up with the lie is difficult. I do find it exhausting...

I think she’s holding onto hope, even though she knows deep down that it’s unrealistic.

Either TS did something awful to Gannon and he’s dead, or he “wandered off.”

She wants to believe the latter.
I think she’s grief stricken and reminds me a bit of kelseys mom - maybe she can’t speak of it because then it becomes real? jmo

Do you think they were on to get from the get go? I was thinking maybe they had doubts, but not enough to keep a tail on her. At least right away, maybe? What do you think brought them to the area they are?
I have no idea why they are searching in that area. But I saw her interview when she kept her back to the camera and she just was not believable. I think LE has a lot of training to know when people are lying to them.

They may not have known as much as they know now, but as soon as she reported him missing she had to notify her husband and later that night his bio mom. People from her neighborhood were searching the next day. She wasn’t searching. Further her husband told her to get out or LE told her she could not go back into the home. I don’t know which. But there were reasons.

I am sure LE was onto her.

Respectfully disagree. AFAIK, LE did in fact list him as a runaway and treat this as a runaway - and not just for one day. For several days. Heck, Albert doesn't get home until some time on Tuesday. What was LS doing Tuesday morning?

I think people truly overestimate police resources, on the ground. Why do you think they disbelieved her on days 1-4?
She may have been 'known to them'. That's an expression used here in Ireland. Her original report may have caused them to pause. Her initial police 'interview' when they arrived after 10pm may have caused them to have suspicions. When I watched her TV interview every alarm bell started ringing and I had not sleuth ed her prior apart from a perfunctory glance.
I agree though that they don't have sufficient resources and it is unlikely the child had come to their attention before he disappeared.
It is quite possible they were suspicious from the outset.

Do you think they were on to her from the get go? I was thinking maybe they had doubts, but not enough to keep a tail on her. At least right away, maybe? What do you think brought them to the area they are?
I would love to think they tailed her but sadly I do not think this was the case right away - maybe when they changed him to endangered ? I would love for them to have sealed the house and impounded the vehicles right away but as far as we know this might not have happened - I still believe they have evidence /tips/ data that is defining their search area - IMO
I continue to hope they find him and bring him home
JMO

Yeah. I think this was premeditated, but she didn’t spend a great deal of time planning it.

She also didn’t leave herself much time to work with. She couldn’t get all that creative, or travel a great distance in those 4 hours.

She’s also not that bright to begin with.

So she’s got a lot working against her, and time is her enemy.

I think it's the kind of premeditation where a person repeatedly thinks "What if I didn't have to deal with this kid? What if I could get rid of him somehow?" and then they plan little aspects of it. In this case, I think her planning had some fairly clear details before Sunday. "If I wanted to get rid of this kid, I could just do this: ________" (Fill in the blank)

Something triggered her and I'm guessing she was pretty much embarked on her criminal train by Monday morning. She might not even have been fully aware of what exactly she was about to do, but she had reached her limit.

Julia Donovan KRDO‏ @julia_donovanTV
The search for Gannon is back in action today. Crews have been shoveling snow and poking around on private property in southern Douglas County, by Noe Road and Greenland Acres off HWY 105.

ERQLAZPWoAAGopK.jpg

2:30 PM - 20 Feb 2020

Here’s a better look. Only a dozen or so search & rescue professionals. This area is approx a mile away from the incident command spot where cars have been parking. That’s a mile in the opposite direction from the previous search area by Sierra Pines. [VIDEO]

2:33 PM - 20 Feb 2020
I should mention - search & rescue crews tell me this is private property.
My thoughts exactly. I’m local and that area where they are today is heavily wooded and one would only drive down Noe if you lived in a home off that road. It’s a side road off the interstate but there’s absolutely nothing but a few scattered houses out there. We fish in Palmer lake in the summer and I showed my adult son where the search crew was today and he looked at me and said “why in the world would they be over there”. Wish I knew. Meanwhile we have a couple of really excellent weather days ahead, in the 50’s and sunny. Hopefully some of the snow will melt before we get another round next week. We actually get the most snow from March-May in recorded inches and it’s really heavy, wet snow. I apologize in advance if I upset some of you guys by discussing the weather, I find that it’s pertinent to this case and the search. Praying for you Gannon[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I think she’s grief stricken and reminds me a bit of kelseys mom - maybe she can’t speak of it because then it becomes real? jmo
No one knows what happened to Gannon. Until she knows, she doesn’t know. That’s a parent’s view. It’s a kind of betrayal of your child to agree they’re deceased when you haven’t seen a body, and there’s nothing pointing to the actual crime against them. Where is Gannon is what the parental brain keeps asking over and over.

Parents hold hope and knowing at the same time. I know bereaved parents who still can’t say what they call the “D” word even after the funeral and beyond. The shock and trauma is indescribable, and like being clocked between the eyes with a steel pipe, while being asked by society to accept what’s happening, since it makes sense to everyone else.
Child loss will never make sense to the parental heart and mind. Never.

I dont know why my replies are ending up in the pink box with the text I was replying too. I’m too tired to keep messing with it. I’m sorry
I don't know. I keep missing posts and replies and my net is coming and going too, I have liked posts and the like disappears when I re-read them .. There's a break in a big case, Vallow so it's posible more people than usual are online.

Spruce Meadows hiking trail system crosses Noe Road. Just sayin'. But I do agree, Noe is a dirt road sparsely populated.

i’m wondering outloud if this is the connecting feature. LS spoke of hiking and working out so i’ll go off the assumption that she is somewhat of a frequent hiker. could this area be familiar because of this trail system? could past cell phone gps data put LS on this trail prev to GS going missing?

I dont know why my replies are ending up in the pink box with the text I was replying too. I’m too tired to keep messing with it. I’m sorry
Just make sure your replies begin after the [/QUOTE] and all quoted text. Anything before the end-quote will be included as text you are quoting and end up in the little box.

I'm starting to sound like a creepy broken record but I jog down Noe Road and by the private property at least once each week and have done so since Gannon disappeared. I agree with comments about why anyone would just happen to be there...so unlikely. Very few people even know about that residential area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48