Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gannon Stauch: Search crew digs through snow as desperate search for missing Colorado boy continues

Police listed Gannon as a runaway on January 27, but it was quickly changed to “endangered” and missing, given the weather, his age, and medication needs. Tecia Stauch told CrimeOnline that Gannon took ADHD medication and prescription medication for IBS issues.

Well that's new info!!
Which means he had a regular physician looking after his care, not a phone nurse. moo

I won't repeat her RUDE characterization, but it BOILS me how she referred to a situation brought on by IBS. And I can't help but to hear, "Did you do this on purpose?" As if he could control IBS and just chose not to.

I had a stepson with IBS -- and we handled it GENTLY. No shame. It's a MEDICAL CONDITION. We had spare clothes at school... that she could be so crass in an interview scares me for how she must have been behind closed doors.

That poor child, made to believe her actions were his fault.

I hope there's a special place in hell for grownups who do that to children.

JMO

Hats off. This is stellar analysis. It underlines how easily it can skew our thinking if we accept a few things as fact that turn out to be false.

I don’t yet buy that LE is sure G didn’t return to the house. Because of their repeated return visits to collect more evidence, I am leaving room for the idea that evidence of his return could have turned up later (or the timing on the video clip might be different than we currently believe) but they kept it close to their vests. But I don’t think G independently took off. I think all roads lead to T regardless.

You can of course refuse to buy it, but that's apparently what journalists are getting when they try to put together a story. From the Daily Mail:

However, when she returned at 2.19pm, Gannon is nowhere to be seen

Footage from 2.19pm to the time Gannon was reportedly last seen is not available, but the sheriff's office said earlier that officers had no surveillance video showing the boy leaving the property.

This was published on Feb 28, along with a series of new photos (seemingly from SAR or LE) that the Daily Mail acquired via a reporters (Mulraney and Kekatos). When known journalists sign off on an article and include pictures pointing to source of info (LE) and the date is "updated February 28) I am going to regard it has something we should be treating as fact until we learn otherwise.

To me, a journalist getting info from LS is way better source material that TS's own statements (but if you prefer to go with TS's various ways of having Gannon return to the house unseen and never seen again, that's clearly on the menu here).

I believe the video is properly sourced and timed, the man giving the video to AS and LE knows how to operate his system, is completely believable, and one of our best resources here. Note that in the above article, LE confirms that they have no evidence of Gannon leaving the house past 2:19 pm. So again, unless he scaled the back fence and had the great luck of not being caught on another camera on the next street over. He would have had to do this before 3:15 when his sister came home (or else she would have seen him).

I also think LE would be in Lorson Ranch, looking nearby, if they had any reason to believe Gannon had hopped the fence. Given how they're deploying resources, I think LE is very sure that Gannon didn't come back to the house.

I often rent economy cars when I drive to see grandchildren four states away, as the good mile makes for a cheaper trip than driving my old gas guzzling truck. I'm aware that rental companies are able to unlock your rental for you electronically, monitor your speed, your location. I've read in the news that some companies have cameras and microphones in their cars. All these capacities have nothing to do with a GPS. So...if you're listening...you may not be as clever as you think. JMO
Turning on the gps on a rental doesn't mean it's shut off if you don't pay for that service. It just means you can't access that on your vehicle. The rental company knows darn well where that car is if it doesn't get returned.

I ran the mileage thing past someone I know who works at a major car rental company. He tells me that the odometer thing is meaningless, and likely inaccurate.

If she was paying for mileage that would be one thing, but she paid for unlimited.

Someone probably didn’t bother checking, and may have made up a number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair