Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How common is it for people to remain in a house where CSI has been multiple times to collect evidence? I understand the expense of leaving and staying in a hotel, etc. but I assumed they would have been asked to do this after LE began their investigation? With the family living there, could we assume that LE was not concerned about scene contamination? That being said - perhaps the evidence or items they were looking for were not necessarily microscopic, or 'erasable', like blood spatter.
MOO

Gannon's mother mentions that Gannon tells her a corny joke every single day. Gannon looks forward to telling her something silly.

She says that she is afraid she may never see that again or hear it. (1:28)

Police must know Gannon's history of daily interactions with his mother, both text and voice call.

I wonder if "Gannon's phone" contacted his mother at all on Monday. I don't believe Gannon had possession of his phone on Monday.

I agree with the theory @MassGuy posted. LS hurt Gannon in some way on Sunday night. It left visible injuries and/or internal injuries. Those injuries would get LS in trouble.

I'm sure this info is here somewhere but I can't find it: Do we know why his mother doesn't have custody of him when his father is away?
No information has officially been released about this. But I’m assuming it’s because the kids are school age and can’t be removed from school for such a length of time. Well, they probably can but it wouldn’t be ideal at all.

I thought we were dumping these and going to use actual initials!
I thought in the last thread we were asked to use the real initials now ?
I missed that! THANK YOU! (Cannot possibly read every post and I know I'm not the only person that missed it, so it's great to see it again.) Admittedly, I have not read all the overnight posts.

Thinking about LE collecting evidence from the home. I assume the reason the family has been allowed to stay, is because it’s an active investigation as opposed to a criminal investigation. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in on that?

I just really hope not declaring this a criminal investigation and not clearing occupants out of the home won’t bite LE in the backside if this eventually goes to trial. Already can predict how the defense would use that.

LH posted on SM that it was the homeowner stopping in to grab some clothes. The homeowner and cops spooked each other.
I don’t think it’s been established that the startled people were the home owners/residents. It may have been LE in the home overnight to secure the scene.

In all likelihood the white car that pulled into the garage belonged to a family member but it’s not clear if the car arrived before or after the incident, nor do we know if they stayed or grabbed some personal items and quickly left.

Just pointing this out because if family was permitted to stay in the house unsupervised that would suggest things that may not be true (CSI found what they were looking for, family members are no longer under suspicion, etc)

I am curious if this was LS since they just say "homeowner" - I recall reading in the beginning that they'd impounded a white jetta she had been in when she was saying they followed her shopping and wouldn't let her speak to an attorney. Maybe she got it back & it was her stopping in to get clothes (and probably looking to see what's been taken as evidence)?

I am curious if this was LS since they just say "homeowner" - I recall reading in the beginning that they'd impounded a white jetta she had been in when she was saying they followed her shopping and wouldn't let her speak to an attorney. Maybe she got it back & it was her stopping in to get clothes (and probably looking to see what's been taken as evidence)?
"What are you doing here?" or words to that effect were heard, were they in a man's voice or woman's and were they LE or from within the home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa