Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Thread #4
Thread #5

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

Last edited by a moderator:
MODS PLEASE BRING THIS POST OVER TO ALL NEW THREADS UNLESS THERE IS AN ARREST.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS WHOLE POST HERE IS THE SHORT VERSION. WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Dear Everyone,

Rarely are things black and white when it comes to the Websleuths rules.

One of our rules is we cannot accuse just anyone of a crime. Good rule. Another rule we do our best to follow is unless law enforcement says someone is a suspect or even a person of interest we cannot accuse anyone connected to a case of a crime.

Then we have our great big gray areas. Like Gannon's case.

It is rare these days for law enforcement to actually say someone is a suspect but we have to use our common sense.

Take the case of the missing children of Lori Vallow. Her behavior and the fact that people around her are dropping dead leaves us with the very logical conclusion that she has done something with her children and therefore we do allow our members to discuss this case with Lori and her husband Chad as possible perps involved in her missing children.

Mark Sievers was just convicted of 1st-degree murder in the death of his wife Dr. Teresa Sievers even though he was hundreds of miles away when she was murdered. Early on we allowed our members to discuss Mark Sievers as a suspect because of what our members discovered and it was only common sense that he was a suspect.

Then there is the case of Heidi Broussard. Her boyfriend was 100 percent innocent in her disappearance and her murder but many members decided to accuse him of being involved because he was awkward in front of the camera. I hope that those who felt it was OK to accuse a man when there was no evidence to suggest he had anything to do with the crime will re-think before they ever do something like that again. Remember, unless the Internet blows up, Heidi and Shane's children could (one day) read your words about their father.

Your words have power. You are responsible for your opinions. We cannot babysit this thread 24/7.

Always imagine you are standing in front of the person you are posting about. Imagine that person knows your real name and where you live. Imagine that person has the power to go on a forum and say something about you. Now, this scenario is strictly a fantasy but it is a great guideline to use when you post.

Below is the short version of this post.

WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Thank you,
Tricia

It's thoughts and questions like these that are running through the mind of 12-year-old Nadine Marcinek. She's just a year older than Gannon.

Rachel Stein, Nadine's mom, said, "My first reaction was shocked."

Her kids go to Gannon's school. After learning of his disappearance she started talking to Nadine right away.

"I feel talking honestly about what's going on kind of helps her feel better and not feel as scared."

It's something therapist David Bell says kids could be feeling right now.

"Definitely for the kids I think one of the things it's going to do is it's going to cause anxiety...because if this happened to my friend can it happen to me?"
Talking to your kids about Gannon Stauch: therapist weighs in

He said, "The reality is not a lot of these actually happen. People don't just disappear everyday."

So letting your kids know that they're safe is huge.

When it comes to dealing with their anxiety and stress Bell said, "Talk with the kids. If they're talking about the situation and concerned with it talk with them, listen to them."

If you have a child who isn't being vocal about the situation ask them if they're aware of it.

"Chances are the kid will say yeah...just the simple question: How are you feeling about it? And then just let the kid talk and if he doesn't want to talk about it then that's okay...if everything seems normal let the kid bring it up in his own time."

I’m wracking my brain to come up with a theory on this poor boy, but I just can’t make sense of where or why she drove him away.
If this was an impulsive moment of rage and she hurt him causing death, seems that it would likely occur at home. But we see him willingly getting into that truck.
So, did he threaten to run away and she said “great, I’ll drive you to ...” and leave him somewhere?
Or...Did this woman really trick him into getting into truck with a plan to kill and dispose of him somewhere? Wouldn’t we see some evidence of prior abuse somewhere? A school report, CPS report, something that at least points to alleged abuse or signs of ?
Her interview gives me the impression that she is sure he is coming back- if you believe her- so did she drop him somewhere to teach him a lesson and truly expect him to come back? But lied about her part in his leaving?
I am a step mom and have a blended family and I know the frustrations that come with raising your children along with your spouses children. It can be tough for sure.

However, I CANNOT imagine how this woman thought she could “disappear” her husbands child and get away with it. Did she really believe life would go on like normal? Did She really believe he would return and she wouldn’t be accountable in any way?

I don’t know why I’m even surprised that a human can be so evil, But here I am, again, at a loss, to understand how a mother could do what I suspect she did.
MOO

If the sisters and anyone else for that matter, are not reporting any physical abuse in the home by LS toward GS, LE may be having difficulty finding evidence of anything other than a very ill child ( vomit etc.) in the house. Even the video of her helping him into the truck doesn't indicate anything. She could say she was taking him to the hospital.
The sticking point comes when she comes back without him. Where did she take him and why and why won't/can't she answer that question?

@squareandrabbet
The LE were startle by homeowners in the garage when they went to close it up.
think tensions are just running high.
I don’t think it’s been established that the startled people were the home owners/residents. It may have been LE in the home overnight to secure the scene.

In all likelihood the white car that pulled into the garage belonged to a family member but it’s not clear if the car arrived before or after the incident, nor do we know if they stayed or grabbed some personal items and quickly left.

Just pointing this out because if family was permitted to stay in the house unsupervised that would suggest things that may not be true (CSI found what they were looking for, family members are no longer under suspicion, etc)

A google map I created, starting at Gannon’s cross streets. And then mapping possible stops as indicated by the step mother. A is Garden of Gods. B is a *advertiser censored* & Go gas station at the corner of Las Vegas and Nevada. C is Burger King (1895 S Nevada). D is Petco on Cheyenne Blvd.

Back to original starting point. 1 hr 10 min.

JMO MOO
Thanks I added to the media thread

Morning everyone....Here for Gannon.
I don’t understand what is happening with all the trips to Gannon’s home, but whatever their reasoning is, whatever the process, I trust they will get answers. They may not be the answers we want, but if these answers lead them to Gannon, that is all that matters...the rest will fall into place. Praying Gannon is found TODAY

content unavailable in EU..

Here ya go:

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. -- Private investigator David Marshburn specializes in missing person cases. Based in North Carolina, Marshburn is contacted by families across the country and brought in to help solve cases sometimes months after a person is reported missing.

Marshburn is not involved in the case of Gannon Stauch, but says he has a strong feeling about what might have happened to the 11-year-old based on the little information he's received.

"I don't think I'm going to like the outcome. I don't think anybody's going to like the outcome," said Marshburn.

Stauch was last seen Jan. 27. According to his stepmother, he left his home in Security (just outside Colorado Springs) that afternoon to play with a friend.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office maintains this is not a criminal investigation even as detectives pull evidence out of the Stauch home where Gannon was last seen.

"I like to give law enforcement time to do their thing and not step on their toes or get in their way," said Marshburn.

Marshburn says he has a knack for getting people to open up and share things they wouldn't tell law enforcement. He says much of that has to do with his ability to focus solely on one case, whereas law enforcement agencies are often working multiple cases at a time.

"I can focus on one thing and catch all the details and do all the profiling of reading someone. You have to have your heart in it," said Marshburn.

Anyone with information about Stauch's whereabouts should contact the sheriff's office's Investigations Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or call 911, if appropriate.

And it looks like there's a video above it but I didn't watch it. I think it's probably just the same images we've all been seeing, reporters saying the same stuff in front of the Stauch house.

I’m wracking my brain to come up with a theory on this poor boy, but I just can’t make sense of where or why she drove him away.
If this was an impulsive moment of rage and she hurt him causing death, seems that it would likely occur at home. But we see him willingly getting into that truck.
So, did he threaten to run away and she said “great, I’ll drive you to ...” and leave him somewhere?
Or...Did this woman really trick him into getting into truck with a plan to kill and dispose of him somewhere? Wouldn’t we see some evidence of prior abuse somewhere? A school report, CPS report, something that at least points to alleged abuse or signs of ?
Her interview gives me the impression that she is sure he is coming back- if you believe her- so did she drop him somewhere to teach him a lesson and truly expect him to come back? But lied about her part in his leaving?
I am a step mom and have a blended family and I know the frustrations that come with raising your children along with your spouses children. It can be tough for sure.

However, I CANNOT imagine how this woman thought she could “disappear” her husbands child and get away with it. Did she really believe life would go on like normal? Did She really believe he would return and she wouldn’t be accountable in any way?

I don’t know why I’m even surprised that a human can be so evil, But here I am, again, at a loss, to understand how a mother could do what I suspect she did.
MOO

I know what you mean, I go over in my mind any scenario that would bring Gannon home unharmed. Like: She dropped him off with her family to teach the husband/father a "lesson", where he would HAVE to apologize to her when Gannon miraculously returned home. Of course this makes no sense and I don't even know how someone could pull this type of thing off.

With the information that the step mother lied, I wish they could force her to give up Gannon's location.

I’m not hopeful for a happy outcome, even if there’s no foul play involved. But the part of me that can’t accept what may have happened keeps hoping that 1) since we obviously do not have anyone’s entire story about the days and hours surrounding GS appearance, perhaps the 10 AM truck drive was actually SM taking GS to his mentioned dr appt and then some errands....it’s possible she shared that with LE and no one shared with us. 2) GS really did get out on the passenger side and we just can’t see it or it was edited out 3) there’s any explanation at all besides the common belief. He’s a little boy. He deserves unconditional love and not this.

Unfortunately this case reminds me of Kyron Horman. A lot of similarities. kyron disappeared 10 years ago last seen with stepmom at science fair at school. Even the two boys sort of look like each other. I am NOT saying they may be connected. I’m just spooked by it because he is still missing. I live near where he lived and went to school and still occasionally see a missing poster posted on wall at grocery store. His stepmom just like this one didn’t seem the brightest but both boys are still missing... LE must feel very frustrated I’ll have my laptop back tomorrow so I can type more similarities. Hard to peck them out on my phone....

Who reported to start with that Gannon was a runaway? I remember in the beginning that he supposedly left the house to go to a friends house after he had been home sick from school all day. But he had never gotten to the friends house and he wasn’t at home either. That’s not running away. So where did the whole “runaway” idea and report come from? TIA

P.S. Thanks to Tricia for allowing us to discuss stepmom after seeing what she was doing in the video. I appreciate the fact that I can say the stepmom’s actions are shady.

IMO
The recent interview with LE, the lady with the dark hair (after video was leaked), she was asked this and stated several times that stepmom made the initial call and based on the information that she gave them, is what led them to classify him as a runaway. She reiterated it. I thought it was interesting she did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky