Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Last edited by a moderator:
MODS PLEASE BRING THIS POST OVER TO ALL NEW THREADS UNLESS THERE IS AN ARREST.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS WHOLE POST HERE IS THE SHORT VERSION. WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Dear Everyone,

Rarely are things black and white when it comes to the Websleuths rules.

One of our rules is we cannot accuse just anyone of a crime. Good rule. Another rule we do our best to follow is unless law enforcement says someone is a suspect or even a person of interest we cannot accuse anyone connected to a case of a crime.

Then we have our great big gray areas. Like Gannon's case.

It is rare these days for law enforcement to actually say someone is a suspect but we have to use our common sense.

Take the case of the missing children of Lori Vallow. Her behavior and the fact that people around her are dropping dead leaves us with the very logical conclusion that she has done something with her children and therefore we do allow our members to discuss this case with Lori and her husband Chad as possible perps involved in her missing children.

Mark Sievers was just convicted of 1st-degree murder in the death of his wife Dr. Teresa Sievers even though he was hundreds of miles away when she was murdered. Early on we allowed our members to discuss Mark Sievers as a suspect because of what our members discovered and it was only common sense that he was a suspect.

Then there is the case of Heidi Broussard. Her boyfriend was 100 percent innocent in her disappearance and her murder but many members decided to accuse him of being involved because he was awkward in front of the camera. I hope that those who felt it was OK to accuse a man when there was no evidence to suggest he had anything to do with the crime will re-think before they ever do something like that again. Remember, unless the Internet blows up, Heidi and Shane's children could (one day) read your words about their father.

Your words have power. You are responsible for your opinions. We cannot babysit this thread 24/7.

Always imagine you are standing in front of the person you are posting about. Imagine that person knows your real name and where you live. Imagine that person has the power to go on a forum and say something about you. Now, this scenario is strictly a fantasy but it is a great guideline to use when you post.

Below is the short version of this post.

WE CANNOT IGNORE GANNON'S STEPMOTHER POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN HIS DISAPPEARANCE BASED ON THE VIDEOTAPE. THIS IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE WILL ALLOW MEMBERS TO DISCUSS THE STEPMOTHER HOWEVER DO NOT TRASH HER OR CALL HER NAMES LIKE YOU ARE ON A PLAYGROUND. DISCUSS THE FACTS AND LEAVE THE NAME-CALLING TO FACEBOOK GROUPS. YOU OWN YOUR WORDS. A GOOD WAY TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD POST SOMETHING OR NOT IS ASK YOURSELF IF YOU COULD DEFEND WHAT YOU POST IN A COURT OF LAW. ALSO PLEASE USE HER INITIALS.

Thank you,
Tricia

Gannon is a vivacious 11-year-old boy,” said Cynthia Coffman, a close friend of the Stauch family.

“For them to be in the cold out looking for a little boy they don’t know – this community has just been phenomenal,” Coffman said.
FOX31: “Can you comment on the surveillance video? The neighbor said the time stamp doesn’t match up with the statement Gannon’s step mother gave you."

El Paso County Sheriff's Office: “And that’s part of the investigation. The sheriff’s office won’t be commenting on that video or confirming any parts of the video at this time.”
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office utilizes new equipment in search for Gannon Stauch

Of course. And those arguments are tried all the time. But in this case the person giving the consent (the father) isn't implicated in any way. So that would be very unlikely, imo.
Yes, but generally LE doesn't know if the person is guilty or not when they decide to search a house so I'm just making the point that they would probably rather be safe rather than just asking for consent.

That's why I believe they did have a warrant in this case.

Imo

I agree with you...usually we do get a glimpse of SW and I have not seen any either.
Yes, they are quite revealing. and I am curious as to why we haven't seen any but I trust they know what they are doing and it will all come out eventually.
We would never see them this early, as no one has been charged yet. In other recent Colorado cases, we saw them well after the arrest affidavit.

The good thing, is that most of this stuff will be uploaded, as it’s matter of public record. For example, here’s what we were privy to in the Patrick Frazee case. Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Patrick Frazee

Last edited:
Something has occured to me. I'm going to be very cautious how I put this. If the red truck belonged to Gannon's Dad, AS,...is it possible LS used the truck in an attempt to frame Gannon's Dad? Let's take it a step further...if LS took a rifle from the home and used it, and that gun was registered in AS name, again was she trying to frame him?

I know it's a long shot but I think back to early reports where it was mentioned that Gannon texted his Dad for permission to go to a friend's house. At some point AS could not get in touch with his son which is when he contacted a neighbor to find out if the neighbor had seen Gannon? In the meantime, LS does not raise any red flags until roughly 6:50 Pm on Monday where she reports Gannon as missing.

We still don't know who discovered that Google search where Gannon supposedly asked if he could be tracked by his parents if the phone was turned off. I'm thinking LE discovered that search on the phone and LS did not offer that information up. If we assume that the neighbor never discovered LS on his home video system and all we have to go on is what we know, at what point would LE, the community or anyone know which way to look?

My point is, somehow I'm thinking, LS was hoping Gannon was looked at as a run away. If LE assumed there was nothing to dispute that and eventually found Gannon and he was wounded by a gun registered to his Dad and then did further testing and found Gannon was in the Dad's truck through DNA, blood, urine, now what would LE and everyone else conclude? It's a very loaded theory but I wonder if it wasn't her goal? LS could never know she would be seen on video loading Gannon in that truck. If that hadn't happened...and all other evidence points to Gannon's dad, then what?

Prooving alibis...when did Gannon's Dad leave the home, how long was he gone, could he possibly have come back home and done this? Slippery slope but it does make me wonder? Add in LS comment on the interview that Bio Mom didn't want Gannon. Did LS take Gannon somehwere known to him and his Dad?

Trying to get inside the head of such a self centered narcissistic individual can be exhausting! But I am trying! One more thing...AS seemed to catch on very quickly that something wasn't right. He contacted a neighbor because he could not get a hold of his son and he quickly kicked LS to the curb once realizing his son was missing and moved Gannon's Bio Mom back in the house. Either he was highly suspicious of LS or he had some kind of inkling she was up to no good. Was he onto her? Did he have reason to think she may be up to no good?

I am trying to put myself in LS shoes, even though I don't like going there. Without that video...Gannon could be gone for any length of time before being discovered. Trying to back track at that point with all evidence pointing to Dads truck and gun..yikes!
BBM-- but we don't know if it really was Gannon that texted that, right ??

I am having an issue with this as well. When this case 1st started, The dad said he called his neighbor to see if he/she saw Gannon, then the father said that the neighbor called 911. I swear I read that on thread 1 page 1. I have gone back to @oviedo timelines and links yet all of the MSM articles have since updated and I can't find it. I swear it was said. May have been out of confusion or miss-reporting, IDK, but I swear that was said. During my search I came up with (days later) that Stepmom called it in. This has to be said that because I can't prove this its ALL IMO. But I swear I saw that. Again IMO
I have not read that anywhere but in the PC they never mentioned that there were two calls.

Maybe it was another source other than MSM?

As far as I can tell the caller was always described as TS based on what was described in the call. Either way it was confirmed that she was the caller, so I guess if there was someone else who called it wasn't important enough for them to mention it. Either that or it's part of the investigation.

Imo

Snipped respectfully by me.

I think that if they interviewed the "reporting person" on Monday night, then definitely neither of the bio parents could have been the reporting party, as Dad took an "emergency" flight in on Tuesday and Mom did not get to Colorado until sometime after that (sorry I don't know exactly when she arrived -- anyone?) It sounds like Dad was calling Gannon's friends on Monday evening and could have also called LE, but couldn't have been the "reporting person" since he wasn't in town yet.
I believe I heard it asked after a presser, I didn't think it was the big presser but one before that, because at that stage they did reply to a question by a journo confirming that they were the same person. In yesterday's presser they used the exact same language in their reply confirming it was the same person. I searched for that and I couldn't find it and I still cannot find it- it was early confirmation that she had made that call but, and this bit is fuzzy in my memory , but I have a feeling it was also suggested she used the runaway reason, possibly in the course of the phonecall.. I can't find it here and I can't find it on Twitter and I searched again for it last night to no avail.
Some time after that happened there was debate here and somebody mistakenly confirming in print or screen that first call had been made by neighbor.

I have not read that anywhere but in the PC they never mentioned that there were two calls.

Maybe it was another source other than MSM?

As far as I can tell the caller was always described as TS based on what was described in the call. Either way it was confirmed that she was the caller, so I guess if there was someone else who called it wasn't important enough for them to mention it. Either that or it's part of the investigation.

Imo

It was in one of the allowed for discussion videos. Neighbor called at 843

I just had a *moment*

I had to go back and rewatch RDs interviews. They are completely void of any dates / times aside the very specific departure / coming home of TS on Monday. It’s almost intentionally vague on when exactly he found them.

Never do they say WHAT day RD discovered those videos. Only that RD went to AS the “next morning”.

MOO but I’m thinking RD checked the “afternoon” time frame on Monday when GS went missing. Later that night when he couldn’t sleep, he put it up on the TV and saw more. Then took it to AS Tuesday morning the day after Gannon went missing.

THIS would explain what made AS so upset with TS and also made her leave. It’s also explanation for a lot of the bitterness in the press conference and TS interviews.

MOO ; AS knew about that surveillance tape on Day2. So did LE.

I’m wracking my brain to come up with a theory on this poor boy, but I just can’t make sense of where or why she drove him away.
If this was an impulsive moment of rage and she hurt him causing death, seems that it would likely occur at home. But we see him willingly getting into that truck.
So, did he threaten to run away and she said “great, I’ll drive you to ...” and leave him somewhere?
Or...Did this woman really trick him into getting into truck with a plan to kill and dispose of him somewhere? Wouldn’t we see some evidence of prior abuse somewhere? A school report, CPS report, something that at least points to alleged abuse or signs of ?
Her interview gives me the impression that she is sure he is coming back- if you believe her- so did she drop him somewhere to teach him a lesson and truly expect him to come back? But lied about her part in his leaving?
I am a step mom and have a blended family and I know the frustrations that come with raising your children along with your spouses children. It can be tough for sure.

However, I CANNOT imagine how this woman thought she could “disappear” her husbands child and get away with it. Did she really believe life would go on like normal? Did She really believe he would return and she wouldn’t be accountable in any way?

I don’t know why I’m even surprised that a human can be so evil, But here I am, again, at a loss, to understand how a mother could do what I suspect she did.
MOO

she tried to give that impression (he is coming back) but if you watch the middle of the interview she talks about Gannon in the past tense. For me the case is closed.

upload_2020-2-6_23-9-20.jpeg
upload_2020-2-6_23-13-55.jpeg
“Even today he’s still our miracle child. He still is and he’s such a happy child and he just brings life to every party,” the father said. “His smile, even today, is keeping us going. His infectious smile brings me joy every time I think about it.”

Gannon loves Sonic, the color blue, riding his bicycle with his sister, going outside and playing with his friends and telling corny jokes, Hiott said.

“Every single day he has to tell me a joke. He looks forward to tell me something silly. And I’m afraid that I may never see that again or hear it,” she said. “I don’t want to believe that because that means I’m giving up hope and I’m not giving up hope because my son is full of hope.”

Gannon’s sister Laina joined her parents in the video. It ended with her smiling at the camera and saying, “I love you, Bubba.”
Gannon Stauch case: Parents of missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy make emotional plea for help – Lamar Ledger

BBM-- but we don't know if it really was Gannon that texted that, right ??

Exactly, I believe LS was responsible for that Google search, but that doesn't mean she pointed it out to LE. It looks better on LS if she doesn't point it out LE but instead, hands the phone to LE and they discover it, if that makes any sense?

Tim Miller limits most of his cases to TX. He has a private organization that has to be invited/requested by family. But cannot help with most of the cases he’s requested to help with around the country because the organization has limited personnel and resources. It’s privately funded. They don’t have a lot.

It’s not likely he will be there.
WE tried to get him for another case, the family asked but he did not have resources to go there and family is spread throughout the country
Um, this is Interesting

BURGLARY. THIS REPORT IS FROM EL PASO COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE COMPLETED DISPATCHED (911) CALLS FOR SERVICE CALL LOG. INFORMATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

TYPE:
BURGLARY
DATE:
01/31/2020 11:04 AM
ADDRESS:
6600 BLOCK OF MANDAN DR SECURITY, EL PASO COUNTY, CO
Burglary on 6600 BLOCK OF MANDAN DR SECURITY, EL PASO COUNTY, CO (SpotCrime Crime Details - Mobile)
UGH..I cant bring it up on my laptop. Is this Gannon's home ??
I just keep getting the circle jerk thing and nothing shows up

Exactly, I believe LS was responsible for that Google search, but that doesn't mean she pointed it out to LE. It looks better on LS if she doesn't point it out LE but instead, hands the phone to LE and they discover it, if that makes any sense?
They said the idea that he ran away came from her 911 call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member