Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t LS be charged with providing false statements & concealment of a child/interfering with custody?
LE knows that TS lied about Gannon running away because the last time he was seen in that neighborhood, was when he got into the truck with TS.
Those charges probably couldn’t keep her in jail, though, right? She could bond out maybe? Just thinking out loud. MOO

Here's my issue with the runaway story - I think in most cases (certainly my own at that age) when a child considers running away at such a tender age, it's usually with the mindset of "I'll show them" or "I guess I'll run away so I won't be a burden". IMO the child is generally upset by some punishment in the home and the idea to run away is born out of revenge and/or feeling guilty. In both cases the child would be seeking acceptance and love, so the plan wouldn't necessarily be to run away forever and never be found.

I would be far more apt to believe the runaway story if Gannon hadn't allegedly made the google search and left his phone behind. JMO

Running Away (for Kids) - Nemours KidsHealth
1 in 7 kids between the ages of 10 and 18 will run away at some point.

In fact, most kids run away due to problems with their families. Some kids run away because of one terrible argument. Some even decide to leave without ever having a fight. They might have done something they're ashamed of, and they're afraid to tell their parents.

Runaways

I hope Gannon did run away, even though LE does not seem to think that. I was looking for a statistic on the average time a child runs away but only found after 2 days its automatically upgraded to missing or endangered person.

I would love to hear he is hiding at a friends house and their scared to get in trouble, but there aren’t many kids that can keep this a secret 14 days.

Still hoping.
Welcome to WS

Question: is there any verified proof that Gannon’s bio mom is now permanently residing in house with bio dad, or are we all just believing this based on stepmom’s interview and/or social media? Because everyone is stating it as fact.
IMO we really have no clue of living arrangements.
That's a good question. Glad you brought it up.

BBM:

The overwhelming odds here are that she took him somewhere familiar to her.

There's no way a person in that situation would just blindly drive around hoping to come across a remote location.

Familiarity with the environment increases one's sense of control.

She will have chosen a locale which she knew from past experience would be largely isolated.

When she pulled out of that driveway, she had a destination in mind.

She wasn't taking him out for a joyride.

JMO.
I agree. Just my thoughts but since they had that lifted truck I bet they enjoyed taking it out on back roads and stuff. We had very little snow in January so roads would've been clear. Gold camp, high drive, maybe old stage road.....all within 30 minutes from where she supposedly maybe was on Monday. Weekdays in January would be pretty empty up there.

I think you might be on to something here, about her trying to deflect and skip that specific time gap.

BK isn't somewhere that you all need to go to ----usually someone just goes through the Drive Thru.... Hypothetically speaking, either one of the 2 drivers may have gone to get the food, while the others stayed at the home.

So what happened at home while someone else went to pick up BK?

Maybe something happened that triggered the entire tragedy?
Truth is, most of us know what happened, it came right from the "horses mouth." She even went so far as to post the video to FB and then promptly closed down the account. No, I won't discuss it here further so don't ask :)

Here's my issue with the runaway story - I think in most cases (certainly my own at that age) when a child considers running away at such a tender age, it's usually with the mindset of "I'll show them" or "I guess I'll run away so I won't be a burden". IMO the child is generally upset by some punishment in the home and the idea to run away is born out of revenge and/or feeling guilty. In both cases the child would be seeking acceptance and love, so the plan wouldn't necessarily be to run away forever and never be found.

I would be far more apt to believe the runaway story if Gannon hadn't allegedly made the google search and left his phone behind. JMO

I agree. I am trying to debunk an 11 year old would run away for longer than a day or two. He does not have a history of running away, even though some of the home life flags may correlate.

I also think if LE thought this they would release more video instead of less.

Locals have stated that Garden of The Gods is a busy place and considering this was daytime.......
In the almost 10 years I lived in the Springs, I have never seen Garden of the Gods NOT busy. There is always people there. No matter the time of year. MOO

Local posters have indicated that this place is rather crowded and busy. If there is a connection, IMO, it is the same of any place she has visited in the past. As any killer does when seeking out the best place for a body dump. This place doesn't seem to fit.
I feel there is a connection with going there that day, but I don't think it was to the actual GoTG. Maybe somewhere the drive to/by either on the way there or on the way home. Scouting would be a good word for what I think the purpose of the hike that day was.
MOO

A social media account could be hacked as a prank and false things posted. (Not that it's likely...)
I tried my hardest to make this fit and make it the case of what could have happened. But, honestly IMO there was too much detail for it to be some random person that hacked her. I had hoped beyond hope that TS wasn't that crazy and would say those things about LH, but just the amount of detail and personal information that was stated, I just can't see it being anybody else but TS. Sadly.

After everything that has unfolded in the last two weeks, I absolutely believe the reason why TS is staying not in the house is because she threw a fit AS wasn't blindly believing her story, stomped out of the house like a kid throwing a temper tantrum thinking AS would chase after her, and he didn't. All AS/LH care about id finding their missing boy, not drama and games TS seems to like to play. I think it was her own doing/fault and instead of putting on her big panties and admitting that, she is blaming everything on LH/AS.

Edit: About 50 of them because, man, I cannot type or form a complete coherent thought today!

Last edited:
The footage I saw was black and white and very blurry. Was it definitely him and not her own kid getting in the car? I assume the weird interview she did was before they found the video because he didnt ask her about it. Either way she is obviously extremely self absorbed and doesn't care very much about Gannon. That doesn't mean that she's killed him. If you're a horrible step parent who resents your stepchild and they go missing and you're accused of being involved this is probably similar to how you'd react, especially if you are narcissistic and not very self aware. She seemed more vexed than nervous to me. Maybe she is hiding something she did or said but not that. I've still got a little bit of hope.

bbm

Two investigations:
1) Locate GS.
2) Process evidence retrieved from the house. I suspect a 'red' flag something was discovered in the house that gave cause for the bio family and LE to appear so somber in the pressers.
Did anyone follow the Harley Dilly case closely? He ran away and was found a month later, in an abandoned house across the street.
Did they ever open a Criminal investigation, or have the investigators/DA at the house hauling out bag after bag of evidence removed from the family home?
I have read as much MSM as I can and I don’t see anything like that happening in the HD case.
SOMETHING is happening in this case more than just a runaway child. No matter how much TS wants that to be believed.

Man I’m sick about this. How hasn’t he been found yet?! Deep woods or deep water. This is all I can guess.

TS was gone for 4 hours. So that is up to 2 hours to a location and back. Let's say @ 45 mph. And what direction did she go for 90 miles? Where does LE start? They did focus on one location. I don't know what info prompted that search.

blue jeans and sneakers would be difficult to isolate. if he went missing in clothes worn that morning, tracksuit legs and top, it's different... we do not know, just that there is no evidence he came home to change or go play with his friends..

I have wondered since the neighbor’s video came out if they have searched the home for the clothes he was wearing in that video, since they differ from the clothes she reported him to be wearing when he went missing.

Last edited:
There are a lot of new houses being built around this area everywhere. Yesterday, I had to drop off something to a friend around that area so my husband and I drove around to see if we can see something, of course the chances of us finding anything were nill.... But you never know.

Someone mentioned a lot of land ... Oh yes, it's overwhelming really. I honestly didn't want to drive around this area because I knew I'd get sad and teary eyed.

My husband checked the basement/crawlspace dig outs ....who knows, maybe the stepmom had a shovel with her at the time. Maybe Gannon is in the new houses nearby, hopefully those were checked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200210-104403__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-104403__01.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20200210-104314__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-104314__01.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20200210-104052__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-104052__01.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20200210-104059__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-104059__01.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 90
The knife to my emotional relationship with this case was more than twisted. I feel the way I'd assume I'd feel if that was one of my children. Makes me literally sick. I cannot let that be the first and only/last time I've heard his voice. That s**t will haunt me!
I'm really behind on reading posts, but that's the main reason why I refuse to search out any videos like that. I do not want to hear this child in emotional pain. I'd rather see other videos of him when he was happy.

Last edited:
ITA - as we have seen in other cases, it's very likely that we draw a circle around the house and go out 60 miles - he's there somewhere (and I still am feeling water) - normally I go out 20 miles but with the 4 hour timeframe I am thinking it is possible it's further out than normal
JMO

If I'm doing the math right, a circle with a radius of 60 miles has an area of over 11,000 square miles (A = π[r squared]) The land surface is even greater because hills and valleys allow more land surface to be squished into an area.

There are a lot of new houses being built around this area everywhere. Yesterday, I had to drop off something to a friend around that area so my husband and I drove around to see if we can see something, of course the chances of us finding anything were nill.... But you never know.

Someone mentioned a lot of land ... Oh yes, it's overwhelming really. I honestly didn't want to drive around this area because I knew I'd get sad and teary eyed.

My husband checked the basement/crawlspace dig outs ....who knows, maybe the stepmom had a shovel with her at the time. Maybe Gannon is in the new houses nearby, hopefully those were checked.
Thank you for this. It looks vast, and very cold :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member