CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried finding some tweets on what is going on in court - but it looks Zack Dupont is not in court today....

So if someone listening to this jury selection today - could you please tell how many were chosen at the end of the day, so I can add that to my count?
TIA! :)
Hey, @Niner! Hope your day is going well. I will try to post something but it may be later tonight. If so, you will have it for your records in the morning. Thank you for your work here, certainly helps keep the facts straight.

Thus far, to correlate w/your records:

Stauch trial update: This afternoon 21 more potential jurors were selected to return on April 3 for the final portion of jury selection. So far, 59 people have been selected the past 3 days. Court needs 110 people before the first phase of jury selection can be completed.

5:31 PM · Mar 22, 2023

Please, the bench trial request was for nobody but LS! Professionals here (including Dr. Lewis) can certainly put to rest any notion LS was trying to spare the feelings of her jurors!
I never said her goal was to try to spare jurors' feelings. But research does show NGRI pleas are more likely to succeed with bench trials than jury trials. Most likely judges are less likely to be swayed by emotion and won't feel that no matter what the law actually says, somebody has to pay. The finding about bench vs jury trials is striking and is from Characteristics of Successful and Unsuccessful Insanity Pleas | Office of Justice Programs. Not saying NGRI would have been likely with this judge. But regardless, requesting a bench trial was a very rational choice for LS to make given the circumstances. Actions can have more than one effect after all.

The post I was responding to earlier said she should have thought about the stress a trial would cause jurors. I understand the poster's feelings, but I honestly doubt most criminals consider those issues before committing crimes. She's not alone in that regard. Still there was the possibility, at least, of not stressing jurors by going the bench route.
JMO

Just in -- in a very similar trial timetable-- the West trial has its jurors:

Well, I couldn't really tell you all what I listened to, or heard. The audio was so bad. From the end portion, it appears as though the judge has enough jurors (after today's portion ) to come in on April 3 at 9 am...with an additional number of jurors to report on Monday April 3 at 11 am. So, the total number of potential jurors ( at present ) is somewhere over the 75 count. He needs 110. Hope that made some sense?

He also said, that this portion of the jury process may be completed by Tuesday of next week.

Just tried finding some tweets on what is going on in court - but it looks Zack Dupont is not in court today....

So if someone listening to this jury selection today - could you please tell how many were chosen at the end of the day, so I can add that to my count?
TIA! :)
Day 4, We have 79 potential jurors out of 110.

Possibly go two more days, Monday & Tuesday

By Tuesday, should have 110.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times; the verdict is not in doubt. She knew what she was doing, she knew it was a crime, and spent the better part of a month covering it up; albeit sloppy as all hell.

The insanity defense is hilarious, and we all know how this ends. All I want to know is how it happened, how she disposed of his body, how her daughter had no clue, and if she finally does the right thing.

I sure hope so.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times; the verdict is not in doubt. She knew what she was doing, she knew it was a crime, and spent the better part of a month covering it up; albeit sloppy as all hell.

The insanity defense is hilarious, and we all know how this ends. All I want to know is how it happened, how she disposed of his body, how her daughter had no clue, and if she finally does the right thing.

I sure hope so.
Referring to her daughter, not Letecia. It is an absolute fact she saw things, did things, and spent time with her mother during the time in question. She is a victim of her mother, but this poor boy is her mother’s victim.

Be honest. Tell the complete truth. Bury her.

Referring to her daughter, not Letecia. It is an absolute fact she saw things, did things, and spent time with her mother during the time in question. She is a victim of her mother, but this poor boy is her mother’s victim.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, because I thought you meant LS, and privately thought, 'fat chance!' (but was too polite to say it). :D

But yes, the biological child of LS is at a turning point in her life. I have deep empathy for her. She grew up with her main parental figure being someone who was not fit to do so. That person made her an accessory after the fact in the murder of a dependent child (even if she was never knowing or charged). I don't know if she'll be able to stand up against her. I hope that she can. I hope that, at the very least, the outcome of the trial gives Gannon's family the justice they seek, and gives her the opportunity to grow up freer from LS's influence than she would have otherwise.

MOO

Hey, @Niner! Hope your day is going well. I will try to post something but it may be later tonight. If so, you will have it for your records in the morning. Thank you for your work here, certainly helps keep the facts straight.

Thus far, to correlate w/your records:

Stauch trial update: This afternoon 21 more potential jurors were selected to return on April 3 for the final portion of jury selection. So far, 59 people have been selected the past 3 days. Court needs 110 people before the first phase of jury selection can be completed.

5:31 PM · Mar 22, 2023

Thanks! I have that count - and I saw your last post that 20 more potential jurors were picked on Friday. Much appreciated! :)

Any one know IF the escape attempt is included with her murder trial? I see another Review hearing for this on the schedule. Or will this be separately tried?

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
3/27/23
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Review WAppearance of Parties D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

3/27/23
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Jury Trial D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Exactly Massy. She was not a 10 year old. She was just short of being legal age (18), old enough to know right from wrong. We know according to the AA, she bought cleaning supplies, she provided rides to/from places when Momma LS was playing hide the cars and drove cross country with her when she disposed of Gannon's body like a piece of trash.

How many times did Leticia actually move poor Gannon's body in all? 3 or 4. That woman is evil and no respect for what she had done to that innocent boy. Or for her own daughter and the AS's younger daughter.

Speak up now for honesty and integrity and maybe you'll have a shot at a normal life some day.

MOO

Exactly Massy. She was not a 10 year old. She was just short of being legal age (18), old enough to know right from wrong. We know according to the AA, she bought cleaning supplies, she provided rides to/from places when Momma LS was playing hide the cars and drove cross country with her when she disposed of Gannon's body like a piece of trash.

How many times did Leticia actually move poor Gannon's body in all? 3 or 4. That woman is evil and no respect for what she had done to that innocent boy. Or for her own daughter and the AS's younger daughter.

Speak up now for honesty and integrity and maybe you'll have a shot at a normal life some day.

MOO
Damn straight. This poor boy suffered an unimaginable death, but I totally believe this started the previous night; the road to death I mean. She was there.

I also think Letecia abused him before, probably both verbally and physically.

This boy was let down by every single person in his life.

Damn straight. This poor boy suffered an unimaginable death, but I totally believe this started the previous night; the road to death I mean. She was there.

The DA Michael Allen believes it started the day before, too.
During the past 4 days of Jury selection the Judge has allowed each side to give a brief “ mini opening statement “ as he calls it.
I believe the time limit is 5 or 10 minutes.

On Monday Day 1, I was listening in and the first thing DA Allen said was in reference to what she did on January 27 and he said
“ something happened the night before on January 26 .. and Gannon was burned.”

ITA! I wouldn’t be surprised if Letecia had been systematically abusing Gannon, including gaslighting him to make him think it was his fault, I.e. the candle episode.

I also believe Letecia was obsessed with Gannon’s bio mom LH and convinced herself that LH was happily “saddling* her with Gannon’s care while she was off living La dolce vita. Delusional? Yes. Insane? Nope. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288