CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please share where the trial is streaming or who will be doing live reports if it isn't streaming? Thank you!
We're only about halfway through jury selection currently. Sound only is allowed, and it's poor quality at times. Once opening statements and testimony begin on April 3rd, video coverage will also be allowed through Webinar and possibly Law & Crime will stream it via the Webinar stream.

Following are links to a couple of comments which contain better instructions than I can give.

Edited to correct: Sorry, I can't get the correct comments to link. They are Comment 217 on page 11 and Comment 256 on page 13.

My apologies for this confusion.

Last edited:
The DA Michael Allen believes it started the day before, too.
During the past 4 days of Jury selection the Judge has allowed each side to give a brief “ mini opening statement “ as he calls it.
I believe the time limit is 5 or 10 minutes.

On Monday Day 1, I was listening in and the first thing DA Allen said was in reference to what she did on January 27 and he said
“ something happened the night before on January 26 .. and Gannon was burned.”
IMO, LS was at the end of her tether when AS left home on Saturday -- a day before his Jan 26 flight from DIA and spent the night in a Denver hotel. LS's fuse was lit and she began taking out her frustrations about her situation by torturing GS the very afternoon AS left home.

Agree -- I'll never forget LS torturing Gannon about having to sell their furnishings to replace the burnt carpet she alleged the child was responsible for! At least she was smart enough to delete her videos on social media but not before the AA backed up the allegation. MOO

Any one know IF the escape attempt is included with her murder trial? I see another Review hearing for this on the schedule. Or will this be separately tried?

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
3/27/23
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Review WAppearance of Parties D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

3/27/23
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Jury Trial D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search
@Niner I have not heard anything about how that charge will be handled or seen anything in the media about it lately.

Just a refresher for those who haven’t seen it or need a good laugh at LS measuring herself to fit through the window - here’s the affidavit on that escape charge from June 2020:

It’s never been included with the other documents under cases of interest, but under the “ Media “ tab here :

...the first thing DA Allen said was in reference to what she did on January 27 and he said
“ something happened the night before on January 26 .. and Gannon was burned.”
So, jurors will hear all about that too? Oh, goody.
...LS's fuse was lit and she began taking out her frustrations about her situation by torturing GS the very afternoon AS left home. But acting out of anger, revenge, and hatred is not a mental disease or defect...
...Agree -- I'll never forget LS torturing Gannon about having to sell their furnishings to replace the burnt carpet she alleged the child was responsible for! At least she was smart enough to delete her videos on social media but not before the AA backed up the allegation. MOO
The burnt carpet and having to sell their sofa, and the nasty guilt trip laid on Gannon.... that was one of the first things I learned about when Gannon was still missing. It bothered me so much to know. It was all I wanted to discuss, and it was off limits here. So, I stayed off the thread because it was a blaring, big red flag that she had done something to him, and I wanted to scream and point my finger at her. Finally, a trial.

Who is the AA? (I fail at all acronyms.)

Exactly Massy. She was not a 10 year old. She was just short of being legal age (18), old enough to know right from wrong. We know according to the AA, she bought cleaning supplies, she provided rides to/from places when Momma LS was playing hide the cars and drove cross country with her when she disposed of Gannon's body like a piece of trash.

How many times did Leticia actually move poor Gannon's body in all? 3 or 4. That woman is evil and no respect for what she had done to that innocent boy. Or for her own daughter and the AS's younger daughter.

Speak up now for honesty and integrity and maybe you'll have a shot at a normal life some day.

MOO

I think she had to be a witness to something at some point. But most children tend to support the accused parent, even when the victim is the other parent (like Murdaugh or Morphew). Hard to let go of that sense of loyalty. moo

Damn straight. This poor boy suffered an unimaginable death, but I totally believe this started the previous night; the road to death I mean. She was there.

I also think Letecia abused him before, probably both verbally and physically.

This boy was let down by every single person in his life.
Little sis never let him down for a moment, and I hope she never feels like she did. It's a heavy burden to carry, being the one who survived a situation and lived to grow up. May she feel nothing but safe and happy, whoever she's with, now.

MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

That whole relationship (before LS was arrested) screams dysfunctional to me.

I'm crossing my fingers that she sees the light and does the right thing by Gannon. I don't want to judge her unfairly. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree -- I'll never forget LS torturing Gannon about having to sell their furnishings to replace the burnt carpet she alleged the child was responsible for! At least she was smart enough to delete her videos on social media but not before the AA backed up the allegation. MOO

I couldn't listen to the audio on that video for the longest time, honestly I still haven't listened to it in its entirety. I have it saved though.
I believe the head injury came that night.

Little sis never let him down for a moment, and I hope she never feels like she did. It's a heavy burden to carry, being the one who survived a situation and lived to grow up. May she feel nothing but safe and happy, whoever she's with, now.

MOO

You're right, she absolutely didn't and she did speak up. Before LS deleted her fb, she came for Landon hard and in doing so she posted screenshots of text conversations, one of which showed Al demanding an apology from Laina over allegations she had made against Letecia, and that Landon had confronted them about.

I agree with @MassGuy, the adults in his life let him down, some much much more than others.

All JMO.

Thinking of all the things she did after she had killed him, there's no way she will get away with this insanity nonsense.
Does anyone remember when she set her profile on fb as Gannon waving and jumping off a jetty, right around the time her location was showing her as in Daytona beach?.

That was a special kind of twisted.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I have to say ONE adult in his life "let him down".
His parents loved him, and did the best they could given the circumstances with their relationship.
I can't fault either of them for what this evil witch did to that boy. That is 100% entirely on her.
And may she rot for the rest of her days, to pay for it.

jmo

Probably an unpopular opinion but I have to say ONE adult in his life "let him down".
His parents loved him, and did the best they could given the circumstances with their relationship.
I can't fault either of them for what this evil witch did to that boy. That is 100% entirely on her.
And may she rot for the rest of her days, to pay for it.

jmo

I agree what she did is 100% on her.

<modsnip>
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, thanks for the clarification, because I thought you meant LS, and privately thought, 'fat chance!' (but was too polite to say it). :D

But yes, the biological child of LS is at a turning point in her life. I have deep empathy for her. She grew up with her main parental figure being someone who was not fit to do so. That person made her an accessory after the fact in the murder of a dependent child (even if she was never knowing or charged). I don't know if she'll be able to stand up against her. I hope that she can. I hope that, at the very least, the outcome of the trial gives Gannon's family the justice they seek, and gives her the opportunity to grow up freer from LS's influence than she would have otherwise.

MOO
Don't forget Lieticia pretty much ruining H's chance for a career in the military...it's not like H had one split second to make a decision... I mean, it is, and yet it isn't.

Just imagine the life H had before the Stauches ever appeared on the scene.

Like the Gilmore Girls ... in hell.

You just know that a lifetime of triangulation precedes this.

You know that poor girl has been made complicit in her mother's disasters, because we know and have heard firsthand how she made Gannon be such.

'It's okay H... we'll figure out what of YOURS we can sell to make this right.'

Thinking of all the things she did after she had killed him, there's no way she will get away with this insanity nonsense.
Does anyone remember when she set her profile on fb as Gannon waving and jumping off a jetty, right around the time her location was showing her as in Daytona beach?.

That was a special kind of twisted.
I remember.
And I still feel a cold chill when I think of it..
The level of sheer unadulterated venom in one person is unfathomable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member