CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe the trial is finally on the horizon.

This case captured such a large segment of WS as we all wondered what happened to such an innocent kid with alarm bells ringing almost immediately to one, LS.

I hope for justice, as far as we can take it. If justice is served in the courtroom, one can only hope for justice on the otherside of the prison walls...
I’d say that Gannon captured our heart strings similar to that of JonBenét, Laci and Conner and Caylee. Maybe am missing some cases here, but these stood out for me, moo.

Justice for Gannon is on the horizon!

More than three years since Gannon Stauch's body was found in northern Florida, his alleged killer and stepmom Letecia Stauch's trial is nearly ready to begin opening statements.

More than three years since Gannon Stauch's body was found in northern Florida, his alleged killer and stepmom Letecia Stauch's trial is nearly ready to begin opening statements.

Stauch's trial began March 20 with jury selection, where attorneys worked to select a pool of potential jurors to call back on April 3.

Stauch's trial began March 20 with jury selection, where attorneys worked to select a pool of potential jurors to call back on April 3.

Robert McCallum, the public information officer for the Colorado Judicial Department, confirmed to The Gazette that a pool of 120 potential jurors had completed being assembled earlier this week. Attorneys on Monday will work toward narrowing down the 120-person pool to an 18-person jury, with opening statements expected to be given that afternoon.

Testimony and evidence presentation aren't expected to begin until Tuesday, according to McCallum.

[…]

Robert McCallum, the public information officer for the Colorado Judicial Department, confirmed to The Gazette that a pool of 120 potential jurors had completed being assembled earlier this week. Attorneys on Monday will work toward narrowing down the 120-person pool to an 18-person jury, with opening statements expected to be given that afternoon.

Testimony and evidence presentation aren't expected to begin until Tuesday, according to McCallum.

[…]

120 to 18 in a single day?
I suppose it's possible.

120 to 18 in a single day?
I suppose it's possible.
The Judge will be de-selecting without any more questions being asked of the Jurors from either side. They also expect some of the Jurors to have some circumstances that have come up since they were first chosen. Judge mentioned the other day that the Court has already received 5 notes- one lost their job so lack of income will be a hardship, one has had a family emergency. They still have to report because the Judge said EVERYTHING to do with Jurors must be done in concert with the lawyers. He couldn’t just dismiss them by phone or email.

Once they are down to 50, each side can strike 16 people without having to state a reason :

So 50 minus 32 will leave 18.

I think it will go rather quickly.
JMO

The Judge will be de-selecting without any more questions being asked of the Jurors from either side. They also expect some of the Jurors to have some circumstances that have come up since they were first chosen. Judge mentioned the other day that the Court has already received 5 notes- one lost their job so lack of income will be a hardship, one has had a family emergency. They still have to report because the Judge said EVERYTHING to do with Jurors must be done in concert with the lawyers. He couldn’t just dismiss them by phone or email.

Once they are down to 50, each side can strike 16 people without having to state a reason :

So 50 minus 32 will leave 18.

I think it will go rather quickly.
JMO
Thank you for clarifying.
Should work okay.
Tuesday - here we come.

Is anyone here planning to attend the trial? Does anyone know of the limit of spectators (for lack of a better word). I joined this site for Heidi Broussard as I am from the same area as her and Gannon caught my eye because of similar circumstances with myself and I coincidentally moved to Colorado Springs so I am eager to see this monster put away. I live a few blocks from the courthouse and plan to attend as much as I can.

Is anyone here planning to attend the trial? Does anyone know of the limit of spectators (for lack of a better word). I joined this site for Heidi Broussard as I am from the same area as her and Gannon caught my eye because of similar circumstances with myself and I coincidentally moved to Colorado Springs so I am eager to see this monster put away. I live a few blocks from the courthouse and plan to attend as much as I can.
Thanks for your support @itsmyworld.

In the gallery, it will be first come first serve. During voir dire, seating was restricted to only 2 from the media and 2 family members for each side to accommodate 75 jurors for screening daily but there was also no broadcast for the public so I think the Judge's Order to allow the court's WebEx live stream to be broadcast during the Trial should help somewhat with the locals seeking seats in the gallery.

Heidi's case was one of the worst betrayals I've ever witnessed. MF deserved no mercy and the DA should have stood firm. JMO

Last edited:
^^bbm

IMO, LS told so many tales early in the investigation including letters to the Judge from jail. I think there might be one tale that included the real killer was known to her and located in RI, and where the RI LE witnesses can testify they checked out LS's claim and debunked her story. JMO

Quoting my own post to add info from LS's letter dated Feb 21, 2021 (see link) alluding to LS defending her biological son, protection of cruise passengers, and other prominent persons??

I've long wondered if these allegations could be tied to Rhode Island LE witnesses. (To be clear, I have no idea whether or not LS has a son or not). MOO

Stauch denies wrongdoing.

“Indeed I am innocent but I will not put myself or others in danger running the defense against my biological son when the system is letting two men run free who are involved,” she wrote on February 21. She acknowledged having “bouts of insanity, and still do,” but said she did not murder or abuse anyone.

She asserted the state was prosecuting her to save face, and claimed she was being threatened in the bathroom away from cameras to confess.

“They have far too much invested in this wrongful incarceration to admit they were/are wrong,” she wrote. “For these reasons and because my defense team is in cahoots with them, I am left with no other choice but to represent myself.”

Thanks for your support @itsmyworld.

In the gallery, it will be first come first serve. During voir dire, seating was restricted to only 2 from the media and 2 family members for each side to accommodate 75 jurors for screening daily but there was also no broadcast for the public so I think the Judge's Order to allow the court's WebEx live stream to be broadcast during the Trial should help somewhat with the locals seeking seats in the gallery.

Heidi's case was one of the worst betrayals I've ever witnessed. MF deserved no mercy and the DA should have stood firm. JMO
Thank you so much I couldn’t find that info. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Thank you so much I couldn’t find that info. I’ll keep you guys updated.

You are welcome. :) The order (for EMC) was posted in a previous thread.

It’s no April Fools joke!

Sat, April 1, 2023 at 12:56 AM GMT-3·4 min read

Attorneys on Monday will work toward narrowing down the 120-person pool to an 18-person jury, with opening statements expected to be given that afternoon.

Hey everyone, Am here for Gannon and his family & about time.
I pray they are given extra strength to get through this dreadful time for them. And let's hope they find some sort of justice, even maybe a tiny bit of comfort after her trial, as once she's behind bars for good which will surely be the outcome? Gannon can't come back :( But atleast neither can she!!
This is gonna be a tough one to follow so I cannot even begin to wonder how Gannon's family is feeling right now.

The Gazette Telegraph, Colorado Springs newspaper stated there would be no room for the public and no cameras of any kind can be in the courtroom. They have one opening for electronic and reporting. The rest is for family and expert witnesses

Quoting my own post to add info from LS's letter dated Feb 21, 2021 (see link) alluding to LS defending her biological son, protection of cruise passengers, and other prominent persons??

I've long wondered if these allegations could be tied to Rhode Island LE witnesses. (To be clear, I have no idea whether or not LS has a son or not). MOO

Stauch denies wrongdoing.

“Indeed I am innocent but I will not put myself or others in danger running the defense against my biological son when the system is letting two men run free who are involved,” she wrote on February 21. She acknowledged having “bouts of insanity, and still do,” but said she did not murder or abuse anyone.

She asserted the state was prosecuting her to save face, and claimed she was being threatened in the bathroom away from cameras to confess.

“They have far too much invested in this wrongful incarceration to admit they were/are wrong,” she wrote. “For these reasons and because my defense team is in cahoots with them, I am left with no other choice but to represent myself.”
Is this ridiculous nonsensical letter part of her plan to seem insane? Is she trying to sway the judge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288