CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burn marks or bubbling of the skin? Doctor could not see that due to decomposition.

After 12 hrs. hydrocodone will not show up in the body. Gannon still had signs of it in his body. So, before the drug was totally gone, he was attacked

STAUCH TRIAL WEEK TWO: Jurors are about to come in to start week two of the #LeteciaStauchTrial

Prosecution calls up Dr. Susan Ignacio

She is an associate medical examiner in Flordia

We are about to hear about the autopsy of Gannon. Dr. Ignacio took part in conducting the autopsy.

Dr. Ignacio conducted autopsy on March 18, 2020. She’s looking at pictures of Gannon saying she noticed signs of decomposition. Says bones were showing. Pointing to a laceration on his chest. Pointing to a number of other wounds.

She corrected, not a laceration, a “sharp force injury.” Says these are wounds caused by a knife or a blade.

Decomposition made it hard to identify some of the injuries.

She says wounds on hands look like Gannon was trying to put his hands up to guard himself and got cut on hands.

Has sharp force injury on upper back too. This was a deeper one of his injuries she said. Fractured his left sixth rib.

Letecia is present in court today. She has been there every day so far.

Dr. is talking about head injuries Gannon sustained.

Unlike "sharp object" wounds on Gannon's body, Dr. says there's a blunt force trauma on Gannon's right/back side of his head.

Dr. found skull fractures

She says it would take a lot of force to cause these fractures with blunt force strikes. Dr. says Gannon suffered from 18 sharp force injuries. She counted 4 blunt force lacerations as well.

She is now pointing to a gunshot wound. Her cause of death was gun shot wound and blunt trauma to the head. Contributing factors were the 18 sharp injuries. Death by homicide.

They conducted a toxicology. Hydrocodone found in his body. She found it unusual that an 11-year-old would have that in his system.

Dr. said the blunt force head injuries happened before he died.

Cross examination, Dr. agrees this looks like a violent death. No pattern to the injuries.

While there is no pattern of the injuries, Dr. did say they were targeted towards upper body/head/chest areas. She says they appear to be intentional and looks like injuries in places where you would try to kill someone.

Jurors asking Dr. about burn marks on skin. She couldn't detect it because of the decomposition. She says normally, hydrocodone and Tylenol would be metabolized and out of his system in 12 hours, but he died with it still in his system.

Morning recess until 10:25 am.

Purely conjecture, but the purpose of the hydro seems likely to sedate Gannon. She repeatedly described him as hysterical after his burns.
Do we know how long hydrocodone would stay in the liver under those circumstances? I don't think a detectable presence means it was given the day he died or even the day before. She foolishly could have given it for diarrhea (& it likely would work for that but obviously shouldn't have been given.)

I wonder who has an opiate prescription. Those can be hard to get even for legit pain.
JMO

Based on what the doctor said, Gannon must have been given hydrocodone within 12 hours of his death, but prior enough to have already been partially converted. Which, to me, suggests during the night or in the morning and less likely very close to his death.

And by 'death' I mean murder.

She is vile.

Jmo

Because he had hydro in his system it seems to me she attacked him in his sleep. Guess I’m kind of hopeful he didn’t see it coming and didn’t have much time to realize what was happening.

So we now have potential burns, head trauma, stabbing, drugging, shooting and perhaps driving a severely injured child around in the bed of a pick up in January (maybe).

Add to this, the verbal abuse, verbal torture and gaslighting this poor child had to endure for the last hours of his life.

There are no words to describe the atrocities inflicted on this child.

MOO

Last edited:
With these injuries and the testimony so far, I can't see why she is not admitting guilt and sparing herself this information coming to light. I am baffled. She is connected to this crime with bright blue dots that are connected overwhelmingly.

Because he had hydro in his system it seems to me she attacked him in his sleep. Guess I’m kind of hopeful he didn’t see it coming and didn’t have much time to realize what was happening.
He had at least five sharp force injuries to his hands, more if you include his lower and upper arms. He also had sharp force injuries to his front and back.

The blunt force injuries were to the top of the head.

As much as I wish he was unaware, I think based on the pattern of injuries, he was more likely awake and moving around, trying to escape and shield himself.

MOO

I would do the same. Legally, is a defendant's behaviour in the courtroom supposed to be considered part of the evidence in a case?
This was actually a question to the court by a juror about whether or not to consider the defendant's behavior in the courtroom (i.e., mouthing words or making agreement/disagreement gestures such as nodding or shaking her head) and the court did not respond to the question.

One example by the defense involved case law about defendants taking medication where side effects of the medication may cause similar behavior by a defendant that is involuntary.

While I believe that trial evidence for consideration in rendering a decision is supposed to be only sworn testimony from the witness stand, one also can't hold it against a defendant that does not take the witness stand. MOO

So she drugged him, hit him with something like a hockey stick or baseball bat, stabbed him 18 times and then finally shot him. He had to have been awake and aware during the stabbing, so maybe the blunt force came after the stabbing.

And before all that, she burned him.

Each of those actions took decision-making; all of her actions were premeditated and she had a strong view toward not being caught. She gaslit AS as expertly as she could. She was able to rent cars and box trucks, etc. She knew exactly what she'd done and lied her way out of it as well as she could.

She's likely enjoying the trial more than she enjoyed sitting in jail. The goal of her defense seems to be to get her back into the mental hospital, instead of prison.

If all she needs to function appropriately is a bit of medication, I think the prison psychiatrist can manage that for her. She just really needs to be in a maximum security facility, away from most other prisoners.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member