CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prosecution ended its questions for Lowery by having him confirm that he believed Stauch never suffered from severe mental illness, nor referred to herself as any other names. "That's what I thought," Lowery said when asked if he believed his sister knew right from wrong.

Lowery said, “she (Letecia) said she was ready to leave… I thought it was to South Carolina.” Lowery also said they never ended up searching for Gannon when they were in Colorado Springs because they felt like they weren’t being treated fairly by people and the police.

Yeah agree they have, but I've been putting myself in their position and there's been a few times I would have asked further questions if I believed for a second that she was insane.
That doesn't sound good. She will have a chance to claim ineffective counsel.

"What did you think when you heard that she had chosen to plead NGRI."

"It was the only way I thought she could do it...(pause)... at that time."

No further questions.

Defense cross.

[paraphrasing this sentence, I got behind] "When they found him, the way they did, in that suitcase, that's what I thought. But not now."

Asked if he was angry at the shame LS brought on their family in their community.

"Yes."

Trying to bring up his biofather, setting the scene for talking about abuse IMHO.

Defense talking really bluntly about his father's violent alcoholism, now. He's agreeing with the statements.

LS gave knives to him when she visited for selfprotection.

Prosecution.

Asking about father's war service, and how he had changed when he came home.

Talking about how his mother protected her kids, and protect herself.

He's testifying because he was subpoenaed.

[paraphrasing2]Clarified he changed his mind about her being insane because there was too much she did that didn't match with her being insane. Implication is that she was too organised and knew what she was doing.

From jury question: did not recall green suitcase coming from the house, only from van to van.

He's finished now.

I missed the original jury instructions. Did they explain that clearly to the jury?
They will before deliberation, if not... or should have.

Also, you can 'snap' in a fury and it's still not justified; nor does it mean you have lost your mind.

it just means you’re indulging and luxuriating in your little temper tantrum and nobody else had better get in your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim