CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law & Crime does not appear to be covering this trial as much as I would have wanted, but grateful for their live streaming of the trial. In addition, I noticed that when AS testified he referred to Letecia as "the defendant" and I see that L&C made notation in this article. :)

Now divorced from Letecia Stauch — or as he called her, “the defendant” — Al Stauch testified about confronting her about her shifting stories of his son’s disappearance.

So ,this whole time ,Gannon is dead. She over explains everything without talking about what state Gannon is in. She had to stiffle out a fire on his live person , yet we get very detailed information on her thoughts and how she, in her mind aint do any of this right but ,though out the discussions ,she knows Gannon is dead. Knowing after Gannon was not on fire ,she gave zero f 's about him,and just cared about covering her missteps and making sure she could fight herself out of accusations . Not matter she just murdered him.

The Webex feed has been what I've been using from the start, and it's been good for me. I load the feed up in my browser (there is a link at the bottom you can click for this option) because it's easier to shift back and forth between the feed and the tab I have of this thread where I'm typing up my summaries of the testimony I'm hearing into the comment box. All I had to do was give it a user name and email address at the beginning, and give it permission to access my mike, which isn't an issue because my mike is permanently muted by the court because I'm not a participant, just a viewer.

Re: the raspberry Mars, it was a special edition flavour, I ate so many of them over the last year, unfortunately discontinued. I only have three left, now. It was amazing, I really hoped they would keep it on permanently. I hope they bring it back in the future.
Have you tried a frozen Mars?

Law & Crime does not appear to be covering this trial as much as I would have wanted, but grateful for their live streaming of the trial. In addition, I noticed that when AS testified he referred to Letecia as "the defendant" and I see that L&C made notation in this article. :)

Now divorced from Letecia Stauch — or as he called her, “the defendant” — Al Stauch testified about confronting her about her shifting stories of his son’s disappearance.
Early in Al's testimony, IIRC the Prosecutor pointedly reframed Al's answer, as he had been referring to T as Tecia. It seemed familiar to me, in the actual sense of the word. Cozy. The Prosecutor supplied 'the defendant' and IMO Al worked hard to refer to her that way going forward. Apologetic when he'd slip up.

Deliberate play by the Prosecution.

Calling her by name IMO gives the accidental impression that there were two T's, the T that Al knew. The one he married, the one who took the kids to Garden of the Gods. And the other T who was a murderer.

'The defendant' eliminates that dichotomy.
One T. The one on trial for murder. The one who had people fooled, didn't perhaps realize how violent -- left to her own devices -- she could be.

Also I'm guessing that Al was loathe to refer to her as Mizz Stauch.

(i don't know whether she did have or how much say she had at the time of their divorce, but I find it strange anyone would keep the married name, following the dissolution of a relatively short marriage and one without children. Power play on her part, if it was her own doing.)

You'd think her defense attorneys however could work out just one way to pronounce it and stick to that.

JMO

Early in Al's testimony, IIRC the Prosecutor pointedly reframed Al's answer, as he had been referring to T as Tecia. It seemed familiar to me, in the actual sense of the word. Cozy. The Prosecutor supplied 'the defendant' and IMO Al worked hard to refer to her that way going forward. Apologetic when he'd slip up.

Deliberate play by the Prosecution.

Calling her by name IMO gives the accidental impression that there were two T's, the T that Al knew. The one he married, the one who took the kids to Garden of the Gods. And the other T who was a murderer.

'The defendant' eliminates that dichotomy.
One T. The one on trial for murder. The one who had people fooled, didn't perhaps realize how violent -- left to her own devices -- she could be.

Also I'm guessing that Al was loathe to refer to her as Mizz Stauch.

(i don't know whether she did have or how much say she had at the time of their divorce, but I find it strange anyone would keep the married name, following the dissolution of a relatively short marriage and one without children. Power play on her part, if it was her own doing.)

You'd think her defense attorneys however could work out just one way to pronounce it and stick to that.

JMO
I think it might be to risky to really revalue the entirety of their relationship during the trial. I think they are sorta both A types. I would not find either of these parents and their behaviors healthy ,if they were my neighbors or educators.

*She’s a monster responsible for removing Gannon from this earth…

Published: Mar. 12, 2021
A memorial wall for Gannon Stauch at Grand Mountain Elem. School.

A memorial wall for Gannon Stauch at Grand Mountain Elem. School.(Widefield School District 3)

On Friday, a memorial at Grand Mountain School, Gannon’s former school, was dedicated to the young boy. The memorial showcases a photo of Gannon and two quotes:

“Gone yet not forgotten, although we are apart, your spirit lives within us, forever in our hearts.” -Author unknown

“Every child you encounter is a divine appointment.” - Wess Stafford

what’s going on with the pictures of Gannon in his bed (trial exhibits 19 & 20) … sounds like two slightly different shots of Gannon that LS took & mabye sent to the father AS not long before the murder. AS said on the stand that there was a blanket on Gannon’s bed that he didn’t normally use.

What is being implied here, does anyone know?? I didn’t follow this case before, thanks to anyone who can help me understand

what’s going on with the pictures of Gannon in his bed (trial exhibits 19 & 20) … sounds like two slightly different shots of Gannon that LS took & mabye sent to the father AS not long before the murder. AS said on the stand that there was a blanket on Gannon’s bed that he didn’t normally use.

What is being implied here, does anyone know?? I didn’t follow this case before, thanks to anyone who can help me understand
Good question.

I wonder about Gannon's clothing on his second bed. T said she laid out his clothes for the whole school week. Really? Maybe. Or maybe there was a lot of laundry on the floor in Gannon's room -- and she had to wash it all, as part of her crime scene clean up. Didn't have time to put it all away?

I trust nothing she says.

Jmo

7:03.45

T grabs a pillow from the adjacent chair, not quite sure if she's suggesting the pillow is Gannon or where she's claiming the gun was in relation to Gannon, but it seems obvious to me that T is blurring what she did with what she wants the detective to think Edgjuardo did. And since we know there was no Eguardo there, not in the room, not in her head, that leaves only T. T with a gun. T with a gun and Gannon. And IMO a pillow.

I find this part of her interview chilling because the awful truth is there, in the details.

Jmo

She was cleverly (sic) trying to cover all the bases. If Gannon was ever found, she needed an explanation for the gunshot wound that killed him. That darned Eguardo or maybe it was Quincy? took one of Al's guns, shot Gannon somehow (Letecia didn't notice, maybe it was her airpods) and then politely handed it back to her? Or laid it down somewhere?

I woke up today realizing I am very confused. Is Eguardo the guy she contacted to get a small square of carpet? She gave him the security code? Then he comes and rapes her? Then he leaves with Gannon? Did he shoot Gannon in the basement and then leave with his body? It's a dizzying amount of illogic.

Then there's Quincy. He laid down in the street to trap her and rape her? When does she first talk about him? Was that only to Al? I mean, I really do want to say she's the craziest person I've ever heard speak while outside of a mental facility.

But not at all in the legal sense. It's not an organic dysfunction that rendered incapability of knowledge of good and evil, or of knowing what she was doing. She should have claimed she saw a demon right away (a Wendigo, although the Lumbee - which she claims to be - are not Algonquin, they did live near Algonquins and some of the Plains Tribes had the belief too). All of the killings attributed to Wendigo spirits appear to have been human homicides (but the Natives believed that during winter, Wendigos could enter into human bodies or something - and they frequently caused people to kill a relative).

AFAIK, it was something only men experienced (young men). It's a bizarre cultural psychosis. Too bad she didn't research more. I do believe that the people possessed by Wendigo spirits were temporarily insane - they are thought to have been starving and lacking protein, and they hallucinated that a family member was a deer or elk. People were terrified every winter of the young men who left the group to go hunting or fishing, because some would come back with Wendigo.

That is not what happened here. I do wonder, as others have, if Letecia had had a boyfriend. Possibly named Eduardo (but she can't spell or think properly).

IMO.

She didn't want them having her pop can or her tissues with her DNA on them.
Sure doesn't sound insane to me. Sounds like someone who is very aware of having done something very wrong, with the presence of mind to not only recount the fake story you just created, but to also correctly anticipate measures LE could take to catch you and respond accordingly.

She may be as dumb as a box of rocks, but she's also a cold-hearted murderer with absolutely no conscience, just absolute self-preservation as her #1 priority.

Now I'm wondering if Egguardo, Uncle Matt and Quincy Jones will be added to her list of personalities. Nothing surprises me really.

We still have her Google searches. I can't wait that.

What ever happened Sunday night with the Candle/Fire situation..I don't know we will ever find out that truth. It was probably bad. Gannon must have been in a lot of pain. She dosed him right up with an opiate. I think she was hoping he would OD that night in his sleep. The picture may have been taken to show AS he was fine when he went to sleep and she even checked on him.
She was prob up all night raging and when he didn't pass away she had to "fix it".

She was cleverly (sic) trying to cover all the bases. If Gannon was ever found, she needed an explanation for the gunshot wound that killed him. That darned Eguardo or maybe it was Quincy? took one of Al's guns, shot Gannon somehow (Letecia didn't notice, maybe it was her airpods) and then politely handed it back to her? Or laid it down somewhere?

I woke up today realizing I am very confused. Is Eguardo the guy she contacted to get a small square of carpet? She gave him the security code? Then he comes and rapes her? Then he leaves with Gannon? Did he shoot Gannon in the basement and then leave with his body? It's a dizzying amount of illogic.

Then there's Quincy. He laid down in the street to trap her and rape her? When does she first talk about him? Was that only to Al? I mean, I really do want to say she's the craziest person I've ever heard speak while outside of a mental facility.

But not at all in the legal sense. It's not an organic dysfunction that rendered incapability of knowledge of good and evil, or of knowing what she was doing. She should have claimed she saw a demon right away (a Wendigo, although the Lumbee - which she claims to be - are not Algonquin, they did live near Algonquins and some of the Plains Tribes had the belief too). All of the killings attributed to Wendigo spirits appear to have been human homicides (but the Natives believed that during winter, Wendigos could enter into human bodies or something - and they frequently caused people to kill a relative).

AFAIK, it was something only men experienced (young men). It's a bizarre cultural psychosis. Too bad she didn't research more. I do believe that the people possessed by Wendigo spirits were temporarily insane - they are thought to have been starving and lacking protein, and they hallucinated that a family member was a deer or elk. People were terrified every winter of the young men who left the group to go hunting or fishing, because some would come back with Wendigo.

That is not what happened here. I do wonder, as others have, if Letecia had had a boyfriend. Possibly named Eduardo (but she can't spell or think properly).

IMO.
That is FASCINATING! Thank you for sharing that.

One good source is the arrest affidavit. Keep in mind that Gannon was murdered on January 27. The affidavit was written on February 28 and she was arrested on March 3.

Gannon’s body was found on March 17.

The photos taken at 8:17 that morning of January 27 of G’s bedding and blankets did not match the bedding shown on Law Enforcement body worn camera at 10:00 pm that night.

Ultimately the bedding shown at 8:17 that morning would be found wrapped around G’s body in that suitcase found in Florida.

089C5086-9560-4665-AE17-1DAE78E8709E.jpeg

I listened to some of her recorded interviews and phone calls, etc... that wall of sound, the avalanche of words, the sudden switches of concepts and claims, the persistent relentless interrupting of any other voice, the determination to have not only the last word but the entire word , ( ' you never listen to me!! " ) her tremendous sense of entitlement that has never been and never could be met , the entire performative nature of her explanation to cover the young lads disappearance. ..

It reminded me so forcefully of Diane Downs, the same avalanche of endless talking and ridiculous claims, probably the very same 'bushy haired stranger' , ( Edguardo, Quincy, whomsoever ) the sly and sneaky way that Letitia, like Diane , tried to portray themselves as warrior women, fighting for their children, ....

It was eerie, and predictable,, at the same time..

I hope my shorten up version of where to find the tweets is acceptable.

Friday, April 14th:
*Trial continues (Day 8) (@ 9am MT) – CO – Gannon Jacob Stauch (11) (reported missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found in a suitcase along the Escambia River Bridge (on US90) on Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL., Santa Rosa County; ID’d on June 6, 2020) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 39) akas Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin (maiden name) & Letecia Lynn Hunt (1st married name), Tiffany Taylor Stauch & Taylor Swift arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & charged (3/11/20 & re-filed 3/20/20) & arraigned (11/4/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree felony child abuse resulting in death (this count dismissed on 4/3/23), 3rd degree felony tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree felony tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (special enhancer: firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond. Plead not guilty. On 2/11/22 changed plea to not guilty by reason of insanity. (for original charges (3/5/20) see post 362 page 19 of thread #54).
*Charged (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond. Plead not guilty.
Stauch faces a second case in which she is accused of attempting to escape from the El Paso County jail in May 2020. The second case against Stauch is on hold until the completion of the 1st degree murder trial.
Trial began on 3/20/23 with jury selection & ended on 4/3/23 for final jury selection with 11 men & 7 women. 12 jurors & 6 alternates.
Trial began on 4/3/23 with opening statements.
Trial will be from 9am to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday each week.
No Trial on Thursdays as Judge has other commitments.
No trial on 5/12/23.

Case (Gannon’s injuries) & court info from 3/2/20 to 3/20/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-7 (3/20-4/3/23) & Trial Day 1-6 (4/3 & 4/11/23) reference post #16 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-el-paso-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-58.674155/

Documents uploaded: 3/13/23: [P-45] People's Supplemental notice of endorsement & Amended good faith list of witnesses. (for Janine Sanchez, Expert in Adobe filed by DA Michael J. Allen 3/26/23: [D-51] Motion to automatically exclude jurors who have a preconceived view of guilt filed by Josh Tolini. 3/28/23: [O-31] Order to release information & testing data (for Dr. Dorothy Lewis to provide a complete copy of her file) by District Judge Gregory R. Werner. 3/28/23: [P-46] People's Supplemental amended good faith list of witnesses (Dr. Christine Mohr, expert, Holly Westein, expert, Robert Siois, expert & Kurt Smith, Expert) filed by DA Michael J. Allen.
4/12/23 Wednesday, Trial Day 7: State witness: former EPCSO Detective Jessica Bethel, was the lead detective on this case at the time.
For more info see posts #805, 806 (pg 41), 839 (pg 42), 847, 850, 855 & 857 (pg 43), 873, 877, 880 (pg 44), 882, 885, 890 to 895 & 898 (pg 45), 901, 902, 909 & 910 (pg 46), 922, 930 & 938 (pg 47), 942, 956 & 957 (pg 48), 1004 & 1018 (pg 51), 1021, 1026, 1027 & 1036 (pg 52), 1045, 5050 & 1052 (pg 53), 1065, 1067, 1068, 1073 & 1080 (pg 54) 1085 & 1094 (pg 55), 1104, 1108, 1110, 1111, 1114 (pg 56), 1123, 1125 & 1131 (pg 57), 1170 & 1171 (pg 59), 1202 (pg 61), 1223 (pg 62), 1252 (pg 63) 1272, 1274 1279 & 1280 (pg 64), 1282, 1285, 1287 & 1289 (pg 65), 1301 & 1305 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-56.673249/page-66
Court will resume at 9am on Friday morning, 4/14/23, with finishing watching the interview between Letecia & detectives. On Friday morning, jurors will watch another 30 minutes of this interview, then another interview that’s about 20 minutes. Cross examination is expected to be about 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam