CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't hear Mr Tolini at all then, sorry.

Being asked about the significance of the amount of blood expelled.

20"x20" stain on the concrete.

Blood source in the corner. Significant pooling. Spatter up the wall. At least one event on or near the floor.

Preliminary assessment. Feb 26th. Met with St Hubble and Lt Mihalko, gave very preliminary impressions, nothing in writing. Given pooling, spatter on walls, one or combination of three events. Those three things?

Penetrating gunshot wound without exit.

Blunt force trauma.

Bladed object injuries.

BOOM.

I try to comfort myself in the knowledge that a CO jury failed to find James Holmes NGRI. I know every jury is different and they can be unpredictable, but JH's verdict still gives me hope.
Seriously and he is one I thought should have been NGRI, however he still needed to be locked away for life. I didn’t watch the trial so maybe I would feel differently if I had.

Bloodstain pattern analysis isn't something I've delved very deep into. I may have to. I'm realising how little I know.

Diluted blood staining on the baseboards from cleanup efforts. Clearly visible. Along the top horizontal edge of the baseboard, and towards the bottom of the vertical surface.

Explaining what drip stains are now. (None were found on the wall.) Gravity acting on a blood source creates drip stains.

Cone of distribution, now. Radiating bloodstains. They start examination in two dimensions a fan shape or pizza slice. Blood actually travels in three dimensions from a blood source, comes out in a cone, that cone increasing the further from a source, megaphone shape. That three dimensional distribution is a cone of distribution.

A void is an absence of blood in an otherwise continuing bloodstain pattern. A little subjective, voids can be due to lack of blood. A shadow effect. One area of void, on the wall near the window. Would be looking for blood spatter on an 'intermediate object' which could be a person or an inanimate object.

FOUND NO BLOODSTAINS ON GANNON'S TABLE.

GANNON'S BED HAD TO HAVE BEEN MOVED AT SOME POINT THROUGH THE ATTACK TO CREATE THE SPATTER BELOW THE BEDFRAME. Blood drop travel was parallel to the floor at some point.
It had been moved, Al said it was. He said the bed had been farther away from the wall. When LE went in, the bed was pushed up against the wall.
I am surprised tho, no blood splatters were on the table.

View attachment 415543 No blood stains on that table. View attachment 415541 Huh?

Moving on-- The electrical outlet had the plate removed, and the outlet cover had blood on it. The blood stain there was Gannon's blood. He points to the area. View attachment 415545
Back when the AA was released to the public, there was alot of speculation on Gannon trying to hide from her. Hiding between his bed and the wall. Then LS finding him, pulling out the bed farther and attacking him on the floor.

Back when the AA was released to the public, there was alot of speculation on Gannon trying to hide from her. Hiding between his bed and the wall. Then LS finding him, pulling out the bed farther and attacking him on the floor.
I hate to sound so graphic but one possible explanation for their not being any blood on that table, is if LS ripped the blanket off the bed and tossed it aside, and it just covered the table. So the table would have been in a void area where the blanket (that was in the suitcase with him) would have absorbed any blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuryus