CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/FierroNicole

#LeteciaStauchTrial: Lt. John Sarkisian with EPCSO starts today. He's talking about the search efforts for #GannonStauch

Lt. is talking about those poles we saw them using in the searches for Gannon.

Drones, K9s, overhead planes also used in the search

Some of the search area was focused on S. Perry Park Road area based on info police received. Tracker information had shown a vehicle that drove up to that area and specifically slowed down in a section. Lt. remembers hearing it was Letecia's vehicle that they tracked there.
Feb 15th, 2020 they found a piece of particle board that was on the side of the road

In the search, one of the dogs had alerted to an area. Didn't find anything there but as Lt. came back from there, he looked at this barbwire fence and thought they should look there.

Lt. noticed a board on the ground. There was snow on part of the board and that snow wasn’t cracked so he said it wasn't moved. He saw the board had some sort of stain on it.

Lt. talking about the stain on the board said as soon as he saw it, he thought "that's blood”

Talking about media being present in the area the whole time. I remember being there personally.

"This is the biggest search that I think anyone I've worked with for 20 years has been a part of." - Lt. Sarkisian

Next witness: Kevin Clark back on the stand for the first time since last week. Can't remember his role, sorry, it was ages ago! They're talking about phone records, though, so I guess he's the digital forensics guy.

The 10th day of Letecia Stauch's trial is underway, the first witness of the day is El Paso County Lt. John Sarkisian. I'll try to tweet updates here as the day proceeds!

Sarkisian testified about finding a particle board in the Larkspur area that had potential blood on it. He testified that law enforcement was searching in that area specifically because tracking data showed Stauch had driven to there prior to leaving the state.

Sarkisian also talked briefly about how it was the largest missing persons search he had ever been apart of in his career.

The first degree murder trial for Letecia Stauch has resumed this morning. The first witness to be called to the stand today is Lt. John Sarkisian with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. He’s testifying about local search efforts in February 2020 after Gannon’s disappearance.

Lt. Sarkisian said he was told Letecia Stauch’s vehicle was tracked to an area near Palmer Lake.

Search efforts began in that area and Lt. Sarkisian said he found a board sitting on the ground with a stain on it. He said he put gloves on to move the board, and noticed there was blood on it. The FBI then took the board in for evidence.

The board with the blood on it was shown to the jurors. Lt. Sarkisian said there was a large media presence throughout their search efforts in that area from February 12-20, 2020.

Next witness is Kevin Clark with the DA's office

Clark is talking about call detail records. These records place or do not place a device in an area during a time period and that's how it helps them in investigations.

They are introducing disks into evidence that have call detail records for the defendant #LeteciaStauch Colorado phone. Other disk has Life 360 GPS location data for Letecia's Colorado phone.

https://twitter.com/FierroNicole

#LeteciaStauchTrial: Lt. John Sarkisian with EPCSO starts today. He's talking about the search efforts for #GannonStauch

Lt. is talking about those poles we saw them using in the searches for Gannon.

Drones, K9s, overhead planes also used in the search

Some of the search area was focused on S. Perry Park Road area based on info police received. Tracker information had shown a vehicle that drove up to that area and specifically slowed down in a section. Lt. remembers hearing it was Letecia's vehicle that they tracked there.
Feb 15th, 2020 they found a piece of particle board that was on the side of the road

In the search, one of the dogs had alerted to an area. Didn't find anything there but as Lt. came back from there, he looked at this barbwire fence and thought they should look there.

Lt. noticed a board on the ground. There was snow on part of the board and that snow wasn’t cracked so he said it wasn't moved. He saw the board had some sort of stain on it.

Lt. talking about the stain on the board said as soon as he saw it, he thought "that's blood”

Talking about media being present in the area the whole time. I remember being there personally.

"This is the biggest search that I think anyone I've worked with for 20 years has been a part of." - Lt. Sarkisian
That dog is a hero!

Here’s my take.

I think Harley is stunningly beautiful. I do.

I don’t think Harley looks like Leticia.

Harley needs to own herself and her identity.

She did the right thing and she’s so very young. Great respect for Harley today.

I hope she is able to move forward and find a way to deal with her mother’s actions.

Do your thing Girl!
Coming in wearing blue! She spoke a thousand words of where her support is

He was able to get photos from Al Stauch's phone. There's a photo of the desk that had been in Gannon's room, and the witness noticed a board in the pic. The broken corner is the same that was found at the S curve.

1681832992773.png
1681833059300.png
Comparing the boards from S curve and in photo.
1681833101338.png

They're talking about location data for phones based on cell phone towers.

Cell phone records and Life 360 data for individuals relevant to this investigation. LS's Colorado phone data, Life 360 data for LS's Colorado phone, LS's phone bought in Trinidad (phone never seized, data directly from Verizon), HH's phone data, Gannon's phone data. All data verified by the providers, no objection, admitted.

Asking if the location on the map from the last witness lines up with lines up with GPS tracker data from Tuesday and Friday of the week Gannon went missing. 28th and 31st. Snowed heavily after those days.

Showing a picture from AS's phone of the desk from Gannon's room in the garage. There is a board on the garage floor. The circular saw it sitting on it. It is consistent with the appearance with the board from the search site. The corner missing is the same shape and angle as on the board found at the site. Consistent with the same type of board.

Publishing side by side photos now.

Next witness is Kevin Clark with the DA's office

Clark is talking about call detail records. These records place or do not place a device in an area during a time period and that's how it helps them in investigations.

They are introducing disks into evidence that have call detail records for the defendant #LeteciaStauch Colorado phone. Other disk has Life 360 GPS location data for Letecia's Colorado phone.

They also have call detail records from the second phone purchased in Trinidad, CO that was tracked in other states. They got call detail records for Harley Hunt's phone and #GannonStauch phone as well.

Tuesday evening the 27th and Friday night the 31st the GPS tracker data went up to this area where the past Lt. was talking about finding the board.

When looking at Al's phone, Clark found a picture of his workshop area in November of 2019 and noticed a board in the corner of his woodworking area. The board found in the search/in the snow had the same appearing broken corner as this photo from 2019.

Here’s a side by side of the two boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members