CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
It occurred to me that if for any reason the jury returns a verdict of NGRI, then the breach of discovery rules by Dr. Lewis might be used by the State as grounds to have the verdict vacated. Am I completely naive in thinking that could be possible?

I don't see how the Defense can use this breach on their own behalf, since they are the ones calling her.

Would welcome others' opinions.

IMO.

I hadnt heard these texts before from LS to AS after Gannon first went missing. Shes complaining they are asking too many questions. shes tired, has a headache and is hungry. Shes talking about how she has feelings and noone to talk to. SHE took care of Gannon since he was 5. SHES a person and needs to talk to someone.

I dont think I've ever seen this level of Narcissism.

Regarding Kevin Clark being in the Courtroom the whole trial, he also testified at the Preliminary Hearing in September 2021 and has been on the case from the beginning.

He is not a paid expert.

Yes thank you!

I've just rewinded to the beginning and he was reminded that he's still under oath from his earlier testimony.

Again, he isn't saying anything of his own opinion in his testimonies, he is explaining exhibits or actual facts and evidence put together.

Dr Lewis and her shenanigans last night are incomparable to this.

Ooo I think it was just she wanted to hurt Gannon, because she downplayed the candle thing when she said she made it sound worse than it was. I was saying I don’t think she wanted Al to come home she was planning this for a while.

I need the inner stuffs..I do not think the witness will be that important either..but the dealing with the issue of the improper request and the laws that guide those. That kind what I am here for ..like learning new rules and such.

How can Dr. Lewis not be important?

In the end, the jury is going to rule on Sanity (State's case) vs. Insanity (presumed to be true for the Defense, unless the State can prove she's sane).

The Defense has two witnesses (Dr. Lewis and a psychologist). Dr. Lewis is an expert on the diagnosis that LS claims makes her insane.

I suppose since the presumption in CO is on the defendant's side (she's insane until proven sane), they could skip Dr. Lewis - in that case, I think LS will be found Guilty, not NGRI. Someone needs to give an expert opinion that she's insane! One psychologist? That's it? Very weak.

Again, the Defense says it's calling only two witnesses to show their case that she is Insane (after the State spent all this time trying to convince Jury that she's Sane!)

I can't get past what she did to him Sunday night with the fire.

Both AS and HH testified Gannon NEVER lit candles, so that leads me to believe that entire story was a cover up for something she did to him. She invented all the other crap too, such as her and Laina running outside, etc., then hid the section of carpet soaked with blood & replaced it with another section so... all of that was a lie. She burnt the rug on purpose to validate the BS candle story.

Knowing all that happened Sunday night, it had to have occurred to her that there was NO WAY Gannon wouldn't tell Albert what really happened.

I believe she began plotting that very night, how she was going to get rid of him.
Yeah, I think she backhanded him and gave him a bloody nose/lip and freaked knowing that as soon as AS found out, he would be done with her. That's when she decided on the fire fiasco - I really do think she was attempting to kill him, but it didn't work because he woke up. That just amplified the problem and she just kept escalating until it was done.

I love these timeline witnesses at the end of complicated testimony that tie everything together. The program he used reminds me of what was used in the Kelsey Berreth case. Hope they use something similar for the Vallow/Daybell cases.

Is it just me or are bath salts about three or four years too late to worry about them. It was like 2016 and after that they were a thing,like when they were sold at all convenience stores but not for long. I know I had a friend who loved that stuff but it’s been years since they have been readily available at stores. I had a cousin who smoked it constantly so I have a little experience but it hasn’t been available for a minute and I know the convenience store people I have asked.
T slipped and mentioned something about her brother. I think she was pulling memories from what her brother's peers were doing as young men, her only reference point for what older boys might do, for her story.

Jmo

How can Dr. Lewis not be important?

In the end, the jury is going to rule on Sanity (State's case) vs. Insanity (presumed to be true for the Defense, unless the State can prove she's sane).

The Defense has two witnesses (Dr. Lewis and a psychologist). Dr. Lewis is an expert on the diagnosis that LS claims makes her insane.

I suppose since the presumption in CO is on the defendant's side (she's insane until proven sane), they could skip Dr. Lewis - in that case, I think LS will be found Guilty, not NGRI. Someone needs to give an expert opinion that she's insane! One psychologist? That's it? Very weak.

Again, the Defense says it's calling only two witnesses to show their case that she is Insane (after the State spent all this time trying to convince Jury that she's Sane!)
Because .T aint crazy and the state has already proven it . Let Dr lewis in . We have watched this woman hide a body and relocate right under the fbi 's nose. Dr lewis cannot help prove this is the only person in the world with DID that functions cunning enough to out fox the fbi? Its over unless this jury is daft .
He cant help her ,but they want her to pay him. IMO.. She is getting a game run on her right now by her own defence. She should be trying to hold on to money for appeals and cheetoe's .

T slipped and mentioned something about her brother. I think she was pulling memories from what her brother's peers were doing, her only reference point for what older boys might do, for her story.

Jmo
Thank you I forgot but yes the whole scenario seemed like someone who was super experienced with things. Bath salts were away for meth heads to tweak without testing positive. If you don’t have meth heads around you one may think it was for another getting high experience but I can tell you it was not.

Regarding Kevin Clark being in the Courtroom the whole trial, he also testified at the Preliminary Hearing in September 2021 and has been on the case from the beginning.

He is not a paid expert.

Yes, Kevin Clark is being viewed similarly to LE that can be qualified as an expert for a specific task of the job requirements they routinely perform. Generally, LE is also not sequestered from the courtroom prior to giving testimony. Same with immediate family members unless either side objects.

As amended through Rule Change 2023(7), effective April 6, 2023

Rule 615 - Exclusion of Witnesses

At the request of a party the court shall order witnesses excluded so that they cannot hear the testimony of other witnesses, and it may make the order of its own motion. This rule does not authorize exclusion of (1) a party who is a natural person, or (2) an officer or employee of a party which is not a natural person designated as its representative by its attorney, or (3) a person whose presence is shown by a party to be essential to the presentation of his cause.
(Federal Rule Identical.)

It occurred to me that if for any reason the jury returns a verdict of NGRI, then the breach of discovery rules by Dr. Lewis might be used by the State as grounds to have the verdict vacated. Am I completely naive in thinking that could be possible?

I don't see how the Defense can use this breach on their own behalf, since they are the ones calling her.

Would welcome others' opinions.

IMO.
I see you play chess.. and fish .. and guess on beans in the jar.. Sound like a fair assessment to me . But I like dont know a whole lot.

People don't just mosey into county jails to visit inmates do they?
How did Dr. Lewis get into the jail yesterday to meet with LS?
Did her lawyers bring her in?
This was not court approved AFAIK. Really don't understand how this was permitted.

I'm seriously wondering if they shouldn't have done his testimony at the beginning and then followed with everything else. LOL. That's how my mind works!
I agree. If this is the last witness, it's not that powerful in a NGRI case

I'm seriously wondering if they shouldn't have done his testimony at the beginning and then followed with everything else. LOL. That's how my mind works!
No, you want it fresh in the minds of the jury - summed up in a nice tidy package. A more condensed version would make a great opening argument to get everyone's attention, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madamstraight