CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s not qualified and I’m surprised there was not an objection.
She clearly has been taken in by LS and her web of deceit.
That makes her a tainted witness, IMO.
Maybe Prosecution can bring up those awful statements about AS and her other husband in closing arguments.

Point out that it’s an opinion the Dr formed based only on what LS told her and nothing else. Doesn’t give much credibility to the good doctors opinions.

JMO

Who else thinks that Leticia will testify now?
Before 1PM today, I would have said NO WAY.

Now, I think she most likely will.

She thinks she is the only one sane enough to save herself.

Wait, did I just say sane?
Whelp, there goes her defense.

Is the witness a cash cow for her son?? Are we uncovering a scam? Pay them enough and she will testify whatever you want. Did they order a fake witness online just like the polygraph
Imo this was likely the only expert they could land. That would support their case. Although dr L hasn’t done them any favors. I thought a big component of having people testify is making sure they’re credible …. Defense just did not care.

I have to wonder if dr L testifying is worse than having no expert. Can’t decide.

Is the witness a cash cow for her son?? Are we uncovering a scam? Pay them enough and she will testify whatever you want. Did they order a fake witness online just like the polygraph
I was thinking similar, there's definitely something not quite right with all of this.

Dr Lewis is certainly very gullible, hasn't a clue about the Colorado laws or the reports that she has had months and months to read and familiarise herself with, AND has had rings run around her by the defense with the tests and the times etc...

Either she's simply in it for the money now that she's at the end of her career for sure, or there are people taking advantage of her.

I believe Lewis saying "You should look in to that" referring to the online degree....was because she must think it's just that... A paid for certificate stating a degree. I think she may be alluding to LS never having taken any courses.

This might be some type of hinting to the jury to further prove her "diagnosis/non diagnosis" ie., See there is more proof she's insane lol

As if purchasing a fake doctorate certificate is a symptom of insanity.

Cheater, liar, manipulater perhaps, but insane? Lol!! Whatever, yada yada yada..

And that's the whole fly in the ointment of her entire testimony, isn't it? She took LS's word for everything without any critical thought, evaluation, or common sense of her own.

Just cash the check. They ain't going to pay if she says the wrong thing. Of course, her testimony is based on her findings as a professional. Not maligning a professional witness.

Dr L didn’t prepare well for court. Example - she mentioned the Durham Rule. Massive fail.

The Durham Rule: The Basics​

According to the Durham Rule, a criminal defendant can't be convicted of a crime if the act was the result of a mental disease or defect the defendant had at the time of the incident. It has often been referred to as the "product defect rule," but doesn't require a medical diagnosis of mental illness or disorder. Federal courts and all but one state court rejected it for being too broad. For example, drug addicts were able to use the defense to successfully avoid conviction for crimes related to their addiction.

As mentioned above, the only state that still uses this rule is New Hampshire. However, courts have narrowed its interpretation in an effort to limit the defense to only the most serious cases. According to the code section, defendants must prove legal insanity "by clear and convincing evidence."

If I remember correctly it’s a derogatory name Letecia used for her abusive stepfather. The doctor said often alters take on names and traits of abusers. Prosecution asked if she recalled Letecia mentioning “Jackasss James” or claiming him as an alter. Doctor replied no.
Thank you .. my head is spinning.

Did they even ask her? Yesterday, I thought her attorneys said she'd met with LS (no word on whether IRL or via video) 3X over 3 days. Given Dr. L's ability to hold her own mental situation together, I'd guess it was a brief time every day.

They should have hired someone willing to go into the field and hang out with T (even in jail) for several days, to see if any evidence of DID appeared, given that it usually takes years to make the diagnosis.

What a freaking mess this is.

IMO. It's obvious that there NEVER was any valid defense and that poor jury!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz