CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11
Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35
Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the feckless defense team handed a future appeal to T if she is found guilty?

The defense had no defense until they found Dr Lewis. Ah ha! They could buy a NGRI by hiring Dr L, just like T did with her dr degree! Only when Dr L needed brain tests completed to accurately diagnose T with DID, the defense team knew T’s tests wouldn’t confirm Dr L’s diagnosis, rendering Dr L immaterial as a witness. Soooooo…. They withdrew the requests made by Dr L for brain tests, and apparently lied to Dr L saying the court refused funding!

Many of you are far smarter than I am in the legal field, but how does this not turn into an appeal following a guilty verdict for “ineffective counsel“?

I absolutely have zero respect for this defense team! I’m furious with what they have done!
Serious Q! TIA
MOO
#JusticeForGannon
EBM for added context!

Attachments

• IMG_2350.jpeg
    IMG_2350.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Has the feckless defense team handed a future appeal to T if she is found guilty?

The defense had no defense until they found Dr Lewis. Ah ha! They could buy a NGRI by hiring Dr L, just like T did with her dr degree! Only when Dr L needed brain tests completed to accurately diagnose T with DID, the defense team knew L’s tests wouldn’t confirm Dr L’s diagnosis, rendering Dr L immaterial as a witness. Soooooo…. They withdrew the requests made by Dr L for brain tests, and apparently lied to Dr L saying the court refused funding!

Many of you are far smarter than me in the legal field, but how does this not turn into an appeal following a guilty verdict for “ineffective counsel“?

Serious Q! TIA
MOO
#JusticeForGannon
Could well be though I selfishly hope not.

The defense had no defense until they found Dr Lewis. Ah ha! They could buy a NGRI by hiring Dr L, just like T did with her dr degree! Only when Dr L needed brain tests completed to accurately diagnose T with DID, the defense team knew L’s tests wouldn’t confirm Dr L’s diagnosis, rendering Dr L immaterial as a witness. Soooooo…. They withdrew the requests made by Dr L for brain tests, and apparently lied to Dr L saying the court refused funding!

Many of you are far smarter than me in the legal field, but how does this not turn into an appeal following a guilty verdict for “ineffective counsel“?

Serious Q! TIA
MOO
#JusticeForGannon

After today, I really do wonder this too.

Dr Lewis is the Defense witness, but Defense counsel did not present any of the 14 hours (did I hear that correctly?) of videotaped interview between the Dr and LS. Is this correct that the painful Prosecution cross continues in the morning, and it is the Prosecution that will be playing some video? Yikes if true IMO. Is LS narc raging in her cell tonight?

Dr Lewis is the Defense witness, but Defense counsel did not present any of the 14 hours (did I hear that correctly?) of videotaped interview between the Dr and LS. Is this correct that the painful Prosecution cross continues in the morning, and it is the Prosecution that will be playing some video? Yikes if true IMO. Is LS narc raging in her cell tonight?
Yes, prosecution will have video tomorrow of Dr Lewis and T. You have to know it doesn’t fare well for the defense, or they would have presented the videos. This will no doubt bury Dr L‘s testimony. MOO

Finally caught up for today.
I tuned into the Defense Dr. testimony while at work, but eventually had to turn off as she rambled on as much as LS does and I had work to do so I read along in here instead.
Good Lord... this is main defense witness ??? YIKES

I have noticed a few things past few days--
LS giggles, touching and whatever with her attorney.. Just a hard NO

LS sitting UP and listening to this so called Dr testify.
After weeks of watching her sleep with her head down ( which I have NEVER seen a defendant do before, but have only followed about 6 trials so far), Chew her hair or Yawn, nudge, giggle with atty, stick tissue in her ears, etc. she was actually paying attention to this witness.

This witness who went on and on and on about nothing, Kindred spirits?? IMO

Thanks as always to everyone posting and sharing here.... I will need to keep reading as I did not hear if LS will testify or not so need to go back to previous thread.

I am on the fence if she will or not.... I mean, I dont think she will give up an opportunity to blab, yada, yada, yada and be in the spotlight !!!--

Perhaps if she will testify on Friday, Maria will show up. :p

At that point, I will be drinking margaritas and will be watching and waiting.

This is about GANNON, justice for Gannon and she knew EXACTLY what she was doing to him.

My heart breaks for Gannon, AS and LH and family.

Here since the beginning for #Justice4Gannon

What really hit me hard just a few minutes ago to do with this witness's credibility was, when asked for examples of cases where she found no mental illness, she could only think of one, and that that case turned out to be a case where the person in question was later found to have not committed the crime (I assume someone else was)... and that when asked for details, she couldn't recall anything except I think she said it was in Florida? Don't quote me on that last bit.

This is a woman who has worked for sixty years.

Has worked with thousands of patients.

Has testified in hundreds of cases all over the country as an expert witness.

And she found one guy who was completely sane in all that time, and he turned out to not be the one who did the crime.

Now, I'm not a numbers person, but I don't think I need to be to calculate those odds and how likely they are.

MOO

That was honestly the most pathetic display of “expert” testimony I have witnessed in all my years as a true crime follower. I was going to make some pithy remark, asking when the defense is going to actually produce a witness since this one was for the prosecution, but I cannot muster the humor.

This woman just put the final nail in the coffin for the defendant, imo. Okay, perhaps second to last-if the defendant takes the stand, she’ll finish that herself.

What an absolute pile of nonsense this testimony was! I was genuinely nervous to hear from this doctor-now I can’t even imagine a scenario in which a rational human could find NGRI.

As painful as it was to listen to, I selfishly enjoyed every crazy chaotic pathetic ridiculous nonsensical confused and contrived second of today’s testimony. The judicial notice was the cherry on top of this maddening display. They snowed their own witness. You can’t make this stuff up!

Edit to add: I enjoyed the testimony aside from when this witness, lacking all moral character and integrity, maligned the father of a murdered child based on nothing but the self report of the woman who viciously murdered his child. She doesn’t deserve even an ounce of sympathy for her age or fragility given the way she defends and justifies the cold-blooded murder of an eleven year old little boy.

Moo.

Last edited:
Took me forever to watch the nightmare that was testimony today. I hope you all bear with me.

First, how amazing is it that the first defense witness become a prosecution witness.

Second, I was blown away that the Dr. Lewis testimony got a major blow when she remarks about "your doctors" implying that the previous sanity testimony was biased. AND, then, she is blindsided that her own legal team withdrew their request for the MRI and scans that she had told them she needed in order make a dx.

Third, she was outed as usually defining the legal definition in the jurisdiction for insanity and did not do that here in this case with an inference that the legal team did not want or need it.

OMG, today was a nightmare. I feel for this doctor. This trial and this defendant is way beyond her capabilities because of the complex lies and deceit of TS. They have not even asked her about the internet searches that TS did while in CO and SC on her phones, clearly looking for an out or someone who would be willing to go to jail for her.

Dr. Lewis is stuck in a hotel with her 100 lb valise, no one to talk to, and with more than a few dozen eggs on her face. She must be devastated that her long career will be pitted by this trial and this woman.

Today was god awful. the nerve of that dr to insinuate about the defendants husband's. Tomorrows video should be interesting. I really want to see the defendant on the stand it should be the performance of a lifetime. I feel so awful for Al and Landen today but soon this will be over closing should be Friday verdict should be Friday then the defendant will be gone never to be spoken of or thought of again but Gannon his memory will always be with us . Very soon justice for Gannon

Can someone say more about the judicial notice (or any other legalities from today)?

This is what I found (and subsection g seems to be what today's notice is about with the withdraw of the request for the court to order the tests):

Rule 201. Judicial Notice of Adjudicative Facts

(a)Scope of rule. This rule governs only judicial notice of adjudicative facts.

(b) Kinds of facts. A judicially noticed fact must be one not subject to reasonable dispute in that it is either (1) generally known within the territorial jurisdiction of the trial court or (2) capable of accurate and ready determination by resort to sources whose accuracy cannot reasonably be questioned.

(c) When discretionary. A court may take judicial notice, whether requested or not.

(d) When mandatory. A court shall take judicial notice if requested by a party and supplied with the necessary information.

(e) Opportunity to be heard. A party is entitled upon timely request to an opportunity to be heard as to the propriety of taking judicial notice and the tenor of the matter noticed. In the absence of prior notification, the request may be made after judicial notice has been taken.

(f) Time of taking notice. Judicial notice may be taken at any stage of the proceeding.

(g) Instructing jury. In a civil action or proceeding, the court shall instruct the jury to accept as conclusive any fact judicially noticed. In a criminal case, the court shall instruct the jury that it may, but is not required to, accept as conclusive any fact judicially noticed.

After the disaster of today for the defense, and in anticipation of tomorrow's slam dunk continued cross, I cannot imagine that Letecia is feeling confident about her case. The final decision to testify or not to testify is now. Cross will be over, a brief attempt to re-direct will be made, and we either see her take the stand, or waive the white flag. The Gannon Army is strong!!! Decisions, decisions....

Took me forever to watch the nightmare that was testimony today. I hope you all bear with me.

First, how amazing is it that the first defense witness become a prosecution witness.

Second, I was blown away that the Dr. Lewis testimony got a major blow when she remarks about "your doctors" implying that the previous sanity testimony was biased. AND, then, she is blindsided that her own legal team withdrew their request for the MRI and scans that she had told them she needed in order make a dx.

Third, she was outed as usually defining the legal definition in the jurisdiction for insanity and did not do that here in this case with an inference that the legal team did not want or need it.

OMG, today was a nightmare. I feel for this doctor. This trial and this defendant is way beyond her capabilities because of the complex lies and deceit of TS. They have not even asked her about the internet searches that TS did while in CO and SC on her phones, clearly looking for an out or someone who would be willing to go to jail for her.

Dr. Lewis is stuck in a hotel with her 100 lb valise, no one to talk to, and with more than a few dozen eggs on her face. She must be devastated that her long career will be pitted by this trial and this woman.
To be honest, I don't think she's self-aware enough to realise how she looked on the stand. She was just mad she didn't get to sit up there and tell her stories from forty-fifty-sixty years ago uninterrupted, and that the defense, not the court, had denied the tests she wanted done, so she couldn't keep blaming the court for it.

She was far more interested in talking about herself than talking about the defendant, and Gannon and the crime didn't seem to factor at all.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member