VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not seeing where T is missing any meals and also have been in jail before and am appalled she is mad at her jail about the luxuries of life and she gets COFFEE?!?! From my experience it’s two 8 oz glasses of kook-aid a day other than sink/toilet water.

Excellent post.

And shows her absolute cunning.

She didn't want out (of work) for a day. She needed at least a couple of days off. Ironic since she herself had decided the week prior apparently not to take the job. T didn't want to work ever.

This is all very transparent. Job hopping, making up stories to cover for quitting..
I do think T was picking up what AS was putting down --- her hair trigger for ababdonment. I do believe she was weighing her options. For maximum effect. Kidnap the kids. Give them back to LH. (Note the irony -- LH was her archenemy. Until AS started to reject her. Transferred her anger straightaway to AS. Now she'd use LH to serve the ultimate diss on AL -- tear his children away. I think the moment it unraveled is when she clocked Gannon.

"He wasn't supposed to die."

Translation: he was supposed to die. Just not like he did.

He was supposed to die in a fire. Where she'd have a baby burn, the hero who tried to get everyone out of the house. (Welp -- her own words "I got the safe people out first." Even in a lie, her motive speaks.) Then he was supposed to die of an overdose, she just didn't know where or how to leave him that way. Then he was supposed to die from stab wounds, only the knife wasn't deep enough, he was fighting back, so she gunned him withe butt end of a gun before gunning him with the front end. Absolute frenzy of cruelty

I think she feels exonerated because it didn't go as planned. There was only one outcome by about 9 pm that Sunday. Remove Gannon. Get AS back. AS was a prop that T needed in order to look like something.

Every next-action stemmed from that.

Jmo

So good to see a long post from you. At some point between Sunday and Monday, her game plan of harming Gannon (perhaps merely to get AS back at home at first) went awry. I agree he was supposed to die in a fire (which she would put out before it consumed all her stuff).

I keep trying to picture the mind of someone who starts a fire in the basement of an inhabited house (for any reason). I feel as if we didn't hear as much at trial about the fire starting (did she manage to set a blanket on fire?) and of course, the autopsy couldn't say much about the burns. I wonder if she told Gannon was taking him to a doctor when they left on Monday. I guess no accelerant was used.

And I think you're right: she thinks that because her plan didn't work, it was Gannon's fault.

IMO.

I agree completely. I got the impression that the good doctor was desperate to find the perfect DID before she truly retired. I felt she really wanted LS to be the real thing. Someone that would once and for all fulfill the life long hunt she's been on. Much like an addict seeks the bliss of their first high, she's addicted to the desire for the multiple that will substantiate all her theories and validate her work. I believe she was sorely disappointed that LS was just another faker.
jmo of course.
And yet she chose to run with it anyway. That’s fraud of the worst kind, to produce a faked report in order to further one’s career. And for a fat paycheck.

If Lewis had done an adequate investigation I’d say she was simply gullible and believed a manipulative liar. But she didn’t conduct a thorough investigation. And IMO the proof of her deception lies in her vague insubstantial answers - while under oath. She purposely turned a blind eye to the truth that we all saw so easily.

Of all the psychologists who interviewed Letecia only Dr. Lewis concluded she was insane.

I sure hope the prosecution brings this up and the status of Letitia’s higher education (if she lied).
I'm not sure how any of that (Dr. L's license and LS's degree) can be brought up if the prosecution isn't presenting rebuttal witnesses. The DA can't just stand up and testify to stuff. He'd have to have witnesses.

I suspect LS does have a doctorate from Liberty. We haven't believed anything else Dr. L said...I'm not sure why we'd believe what she said about LS's degree. And honestly, I'm not at all sure what she did say. It sounded to me as though Dr. L was objecting to LS's degree as a purchased "computer degree." If LS has a doctorate from Liberty, obviously she earned it online. We know she didn't spend significant time in Lynchburg. Liberty caters to the military and offers the EdD degree she claims to have 100% online. She'd obviously have had to pay for the credits in some way so like any degree, it was purchased.
Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision | Liberty University

I suspect Dr. L simply doesn't believe in online degrees. It's not as though she appears to have kept up with current practices in education.
JMO

Agreed. Judge Werner appears to be a no nonsense type of judge and I believe that he is tried of what's been happening during trial. This has got to be way too much for LH and AS. I believe Judge Werner will sentence Letecia immediately... if not sooner (needed to add that). ;)

In addition, I believe he will have some words saved especially for Letecia.

MOO

In a different Colorado trial, with a different Colorado judge, the sentence was handed down by the judge almost immediately after the verdict:

Minutes after the verdict, Teller County District Judge Scott Sells sentenced Frazee to life in prison without parole plus 156 years — the maximum sentence for each of the six counts he faced.

So she is Jewish. Did she ever read the Commandment, Thou Shalt Not Kill?
yet they are supposed to satisfy her dietary demands?
Letecia isn’t Jewish, she stated going to church in one of her interviews. Like many other inmates she believes ordering specific dietary meals will result in tastier food. Remember when travel guides recommended similar in order to have better quality meals during a flight? Same thing.

I thought the judge moved it up to 8:30. Yesterday was a wild roller coaster ride. I'm sure I misremembered.
I must have missed it. I'm sure you're correct with 8:30 am. Thank you so much! :)

Edited: Attorneys to be here at 8:30 and we will start closing

I want the attorneys here on Friday morning 8 30.

We can talk about the jury instructions and we

should be in a position that maybe what can happen is uh rest rest uh

instruction and um I will take a break before we start into the

closings.

Last edited:
I was wondering…

So T ultimately did admit to shooting Gannon but refused to admit to stabbing him, even as “Maria,” despite the autopsy results clearly saying otherwise.

It just occurred to me: they never found the knife or weapon that was used to inflict those wounds, did they? (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.) But they did find the gun that T used to shoot him, and later matched it to the bullets found with Gannon.

I’ve been confused on why she made such a brutal confession as “Maria,” while still not acknowledging the stab wounds. But it just dawned on me that she may have looked at the autopsy report and decided that they didn’t have enough evidence to prove that she stabbed him, and figured that she could explain that away rather than admitting to it.

It sounds absolutely ridiculous for T to think that anyone would believe her over the medical examiner. But she is a narcissist, and there’s a good chance she thinks she’s just as smart as the ME, or that the ME is incompetent, etc… I bet she figured that without the same evidence they found regarding the gun, she could pass the stab wounds off as burns, and that perhaps the ME wouldn’t be able to tell due to decomposition. She probably thought she was being really sneaky and clever for incorporating that into her story. (i.e. “I already told them about the burns, so my story seems believable!”)

MOO, but just a thought I had. I think it really shows how little accountability she’ll ever be willing to take.

When in the heck did she become Jewish?
She's about as Jewish as she is Russian.

But why would incarcerated people who aren’t Jewish want kosher meals to begin with? Siporin writes that one reason is that they often come prepackaged, which can make them a valuable commodity in the prison economy. Some incarcerated people also believe that kosher diets are healthier or better tasting than the regular prison fare. And some say they contain more calories, something very desirable for those who want to build muscle. Siporin’s research suggests that this may sometimes be true, but probably isn’t usually the case.

Another reason for eating kosher may be that the power to successfully demand a particular diet may give inmates some sense of control in a situation where they have very little of it.

“Paradoxically,” Siporin writes, “by submitting themselves to an external discipline (kashrut), they gain some leverage over the prison administration, the powerful entity that controls their daily lives.”

I was so wrong yesterday when I thought she’d testify. I can hardly believe it. I just can’t see how she will go down without speaking her mind. All the things that she wanted to say while testimony was being given. Where will she store that info? There’s very little room in that skull of hers. Is it enough for her to spout off with her attorneys and let the jury decide her fate? I think not.

She's about as Jewish as she is Russian.

But why would incarcerated people who aren’t Jewish want kosher meals to begin with? Siporin writes that one reason is that they often come prepackaged, which can make them a valuable commodity in the prison economy. Some incarcerated people also believe that kosher diets are healthier or better tasting than the regular prison fare. And some say they contain more calories, something very desirable for those who want to build muscle. Siporin’s research suggests that this may sometimes be true, but probably isn’t usually the case.

Another reason for eating kosher may be that the power to successfully demand a particular diet may give inmates some sense of control in a situation where they have very little of it.

“Paradoxically,” Siporin writes, “by submitting themselves to an external discipline (kashrut), they gain some leverage over the prison administration, the powerful entity that controls their daily lives.”
The article is right on IMO. One doesn’t wake up one morning and decide they’re Jewish any more than in any other religious conversion. It’s all about control. It gives me a tiny pleasure knowing Letecia is so desperate to control something in her life while sitting in jail.

Big clue: per Letecia she fasts from sunup to sundown on Shabbat. She’s conflating the solemn high holiday Yom Kippur when Jews do fast. Once a year.

Jews don’t fast on Shabbat. In fact it’s forbidden. What an idiot.

(I’m Jewish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members