CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is wearing me out. I'm going to need a big bar of chocolate and a lie down after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Feinstein, Fenton were worried JH would end his relationship with the psychiatrists. They didn't want to scare him off #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Feinstein: Biggest concern was that JH was having a breakdown. Second concern was that he might hurt people. #theatershooting

Everything I know about HIPPA I think violation--but then again what do I know. :thinking:

You probably know more than me, but I thought HIPPA violation, too. I don't think the defense said that, though, so I'm not at all sure. Maybe because he was a possible danger to himself it's allowed?

ETA : Grr, my thanks button keeps disapearing - Thank you, everyone who posts

I hate the way the DT refer to JH as 'James'. Bah!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 47s47 seconds ago
Brauchler on redirect. Feinstein says they never had enough information from JH to make a diagnosis. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 58s59 seconds ago
Feinstein: "I believed he could make rational decisions" when he left the last session on June 11, 2012. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 58s59 seconds ago
Feinstein: "I believed he could make rational decisions" when he left the last session on June 11, 2012. #theatershooting

and GB sweeps the floor!
He said just what we were chatting about the last few days, even if he was held, it still wouldn't have stopped him. Unless he flipped out when the white coats were coming to get him!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 43s44 seconds ago
@GeorgeBrauchler asking if the 72 hour hold would even prevent JH from committing this crime...there's an objection #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 43s44 seconds ago
@GeorgeBrauchler asking if the 72 hour hold would even prevent JH from committing this crime...there's an objection #theatershooting

and GB sweeps the floor!
He said just what we were chatting about the last few days, even if he was held, it still wouldn't have stopped him. Unless he flipped out when the white coats were coming to get him!

Yup! ----- I don't think he took the medication.....

Well Ms. Higgs was a in a bit of a mood....

Sheezh! She is kind of getting violent with her dramatic words!

Funny how Ms Higgs pronounced every single medication perfectly just there!

I suppose there are many reasons why a defendant wouldn't want to be in court. Fear, or maybe aggressive and can't be trusted or simply misbehaving! It's good to know justice would still be served - with or without their presence.

There is a famous Russian serial killer that was brought into court in a cage. Seems like they could rig something like that up if necessary.

There is a famous Russian serial killer that was brought into court in a cage. Seems like they could rig something like that up if necessary.

Like wheeled into court in the cage? Wow!

I also thought it was implied to be a HIPPA violation for Fenton to contact his mom. But the only questions I actually remember being asked about HIPPA were in redirect, when she was asked if it was a violation for her to continue to contact, email, call, etc. the patient, after he has told her he did not want to continue as her patient. I believe it was, but she wasn't sure (which struck me as funny).
I don't really know what the law states, but Feinstein seemed pretty sure it wasn't a HIPPA violation, and I'm thinking the defense wouldn't have let it go without a following up. JMO, MOO, etc.

Many people spell it incorrectly, but it is actually HIPAA. Health Information Portability and Accountability Act.

In Russia, maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members