CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
"He was odd. He did not act normal like other employees," Maldonado said of JH. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol[emoji768] ‏@thegoldpatrol · 53s53 seconds ago
#theatershooting

JH would take lunch break in his car.

I eat lunch in my car every day! What the heck difference does that make?

a few seconds ago

Deputy Robison said the gunman made several statements while in the emergency restraint chair, including:
"Where's father?"
"There's a shadow."
"There's Monica." (a nurse in the jail.)

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 45s45 seconds ago
Robison was asked about some nonsensical things JH said in the prison cell episode involving him falling off the bunk. #theatershooting

Maybe he had a crush on this Monica nurse and fell off his bed on purpose to get a chance to see her.

Haldol is only used in the ER because it acts quickly..within 10-15 minutes..but hasn't been continued after that ( only PRN/when needed) unless total out of control behaviours...I recall giving those shots (IM-intermuscular) thru clothing with 4-5 huge mean restraining them...I use to term it as trying to hit a moving target..Thankfully never did any damage..

Ohhh bad example..uretha does close down..the internal sphincter out of bladder has....Hummmmmm..Part of the side affects of longer term use of Haldol (Extrapyramidal symptoms) without co-meds of Cogentin consistent low dose to counteract such symptoms...

The Resperdal is something that takes days to get up to speed in actual desired affect..to have to titrate med levels accordingly...Sorry If I'm getting too technical..I know a few of those juror's would understand me LOL

Excellent info, LyndyLoo - thanks!

I can't help being suspicious of these hallucinations and other issues. They only started in the November. That's 4 months after the shooting. Maybe the stress of being in jail brought them on. Maybe the reality of what he had done was hitting him. Or maybe he was formulating a defence ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One or the other bbm or both, IMO. He did study neuroscience, after all.

No mitigation intended here, but he had been in jail for a while -- no more fresh air or eating what he wanted, no more sleeping/waking when he wanted (within some limits when in school), he was socially inept and the jail was full of people -- no women -- and full of guards, prolly watching him since he was new & weird -- I do not think all this caused actual hallucinations, etc., etc., but again I would think he had at least researched mental illnesses... And maybe he just wanted to get outta there for a while...

He was weird, but he was not dumb...

Haldol is only used in the ER because it acts quickly..within 10-15 minutes..but hasn't been continued after that ( only PRN/when needed) unless total out of control behaviours...I recall giving those shots (IM-intermuscular) thru clothing with 4-5 huge mean restraining them...I use to term it as trying to hit a moving target..Thankfully never did any damage..

Ohhh bad example..uretha does close down..the internal sphincter out of bladder has....Hummmmmm..Part of the side affects of longer term use of Haldol (Extrapyramidal symptoms) without co-meds of Cogentin consistent low dose to counteract such symptoms...

The Resperdal is something that takes days to get up to speed in actual desired affect..to have to titrate med levels accordingly...Sorry If I'm getting too technical..I know a few of those juror's would understand me LOL

I'll agree with the Haldol being used in acute, as needed situations. It's fast acting given IM and it will sedate anyone. So, of course he was more responsive to them when he wasn't on that anymore.
I looked up Risperdal again in my drug guide and it indicates 1-2 weeks for it to take effect. I know that is typical for SSRIs and similar drugs. Sometimes those drugs can improve symptoms more quickly than that, but that doctor acting like the Risperdal cured his symptoms in a few days in the hospital is pretty suspect to me.

LOL Me think's the jury believes this expert's testimony has NOTHING to do with Jh's Insanity on July 20th 2012..Thus no questions...LOL

How does the testimony of the Nov. docs stack up against the July docs? I hope they are comparing that angle.

I eat lunch in my car every day! What the heck difference does that make?

I've seen lots of people do that -- they have their lunch already but just want to get out of the office & maybe listen to radio or CD or just relax & do nothing for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500