CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope!!

This seems like it is taking longer than when they passed around all of his equipment and guns!!

And wasn't there only a few pieces?? I am really curious about what they could possibly be looking at!

Pieces of board with pellets in it? What else????

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2 minutes ago

Jury finishes looking at evidence discussed during morning testimony. Judge calls 20-minute break. #theatershooting

I suppose they want to look like they are taking this very seriously. I would too if I ever got called for jury service. I have reached the grand age of 44 and still never been called. I wonder if I ever will. I only know one person who has been.

I notice he stands a lot. No idea why of course...

And come on, Jury! Those pieces of board and whatever just CANNOT be that interesting to look at! LOL!!

Yeah, I am being petty. They have every right to look at whatever they want for as long as they want...to get in their minds exactly what JH did.

ETA - I will say though, that if I were on that jury - and I have covered before exactly what I would NOT be - I would begin to feel a bit self-conscious with the entire court room watching me look at this stuff.

Is there some reason why this stuff has to be passed to them individually like this? Can't they see it ALL after this is done? Is this the ONLY time they are allowed to see this stuff?

I think not corundogs. They need to let it sink into their minds that these bullets went into the NEXT theater, and one even making it to the far wall of the OTHER theater. That was some ammunition and power to kill that those bullets went that far :moo:

I'm a visual person, so yeah, I would be looking at each piece and taking it in. I'm glad if the jurors aren't worried about all eyes on them to hurry up lol. You should see me at a house closing :floorlaugh: reading all the documents if they didn't send 24 hours ahead for my review. I.read.every.document.line.by.line :biggrin: They tried to slip in a $500 fee because I wasn't having an escrow account ... wtf... just because they wanted to nickle and dime me. Nope... not paying it! lol

Next witness

Louis Duran -- counts 32 and 90

GSWs to arm, chest, and head. Skipped his usual Thursday night basketball game to go to the movie with three friends. Called his parents twice during the attack because he thought he was going to die.
Count 32: Attempted Murder in the 1st degree after deliberation
Count 90: Attempted Murder in the 1st degree extreme indifference

Next witness

Louis Duran -- counts 32 and 90

GSWs to arm, chest, and head. Skipped his usual Thursday night basketball game to go to the movie with three friends. Called his parents twice during the attack because he thought he was going to die.
Count 32: Attempted Murder in the 1st degree after deliberation
Count 90: Attempted Murder in the 1st degree extreme indifference

He doesn't look very old. Lots of young people in the theatre that night :(

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2 minutes ago

Louis saw the canister fly by #theatershooting #theatertrial

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1 minute ago

Louis thought this was a prank and he kept watching movie #theatershooting #theatertrial

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2 minutes ago

Louis saw flashes and loud bangs along with smoke #theatershooting #theatertrial

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 43 seconds ago
Duran recalls getting hit in the head. Went to the ground. Couldn't move right arm. Couldn't see because of all the blood. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 58 seconds ago
Louis was hit in the head. He said it felt like he was punched in the head really hard. He couldn't move his right arm #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 14 seconds ago
Louis couldn't see out of his eye. He felt it hit his brain b/c he couldn't move his arm. He felt he wasn't going 2 make it #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 9 seconds ago
"I didn't think I was going to make it." He grabbed phone and "I called the most important person in my life, my mother." #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 16 seconds ago
Defense objects when Duran starts to recall phone conversation with mother. The attorneys approach the bench. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 34 seconds ago
Louis stopped hearing gun shots and he saw people running out of theater.

Louis got himself up and felt he had a chance to live and he crawled out of the exit. A man helped him down the stairs

Louis saw his friend Ryan laying on the ground. He didn't know if he was ok or not

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 25 seconds ago

Louis didn't see the shooter

Louis says the same man that helped him left to help others. No police or ambulances were there yet

Why is it hearsay when he is recounting what HE said to his mother? I'm confused.

I will be right back. Have to do a quick job for my husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11