CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@larryryckman: Mills: Trajectories being discussed right now don't track all of the shotgun patterns.

@TrialDiariesJ: Medical Examiners are in charge of trajectory of bullets on the bodies, FBI doesn't do that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Still keeping in mind the defense. He accepts that he di such, but saying cray cray..

And Colorado, the prosecution must prove #1 he was legally sane ( please correct if I am incorrect) and #2 the charges.

We are getting both interspersed...

:moo:

The prosecution has to prove JH was legally sane.

@TrialDiariesJ: Now looking at bullets that went into theater

@larryryckman: Defendant turns his head toward the screen as prosecutors display diagrams showing bullet trajectories in theaters 8-9.

I feel I am missing fascinating testimony not being able to see these photos!

The prosecution has to prove JH was legally sane.

Agreed..but feel I must point out that in many States..IF Insanity claimed..it falls on the Defence to prove it...thus Andrea Yate's trial/re-trial...which was proven in spades (in re-trial)..She was delusional/had been for many many years..her ability to understand was impaired..as she really in her mind thought she was "Saving Her kids" SAD to say..that these folks can't be better monitored..

Anyway..JH is a completely different story..His actions were based on anger/revenge not what motivated Andrea Yates..which was delusion thinking patterns!!

@TrialDiariesJ: These bullets just kept going through a seat and into the next row...so scary

Agreed..but feel I must point out that in many States..IF Insanity claimed..it falls on the Defence to prove it...thus Andrea Yate's trial/re-trial...which was proven in spades (in re-trial)..She was delusional/had been for many many years..her ability to understand was impaired..as she really in her mind thought she was "Saving Her kids" SAD to say..that these folks can't be better monitored..

Anyway..JH is a completely different story..His actions were based on anger/revenge not what motivated Andrea Yates..which was delusion thinking patterns!!

Add to that, she had a LONG history with mental issues and being hospitalized for them (if I am remembering correctly!)

We have NONE of that here!

@larryryckman: Many bullets ricocheted & fragmented as they hit seats, walls, people. More impacts were documented than bullets fired. #theatershooting

@larryryckman: FBI investigators were not able to determine what happened to some bullets. Some were recovered later in autopsies. #theatershooting

I feel I am missing fascinating testimony not being able to see these photos!

Will you be able to see them when you get home?

The only photos that really show up are the lazer ones. The current testimony is on diagrams, which don't show up well.

They will be released tomorrow in a document dump. We will get to see all of these currently being discussed then.

**Not sure if that helps...I might have misunderstood your comment!**

One bullet split? And went into 2 seats? CRAZY!!

Is it because of the type of ammunition he was using?

@TrialDiariesJ: Brett telling jury where these bullets went in the seats...some just stayed there some carried right through 2 other seats

One bullet split? And went into 2 seats? CRAZY!!

Is it because of the type of ammunition he was using?

I wish I knew about firearms and ammunition. We just don't learn about things like that here in the UK. I wonder what caused the bullet to split - could it have hit something?

@TrialDiariesJ: Brett telling jury where these bullets went in the seats...some just stayed there some carried right through 2 other seats

I hope this guy will speak not just to trajectory but the speed of those bullets and shotgun pellets..This jury needs to understand why they travel and react this way..never mind THE speed of them too should be emphasized!! No one in that theatre nor the one next door had any chance to defend themselves Gerrrrrrrr

I wish I knew about firearms and ammunition. We just don't learn about things like that here in the UK. I wonder what caused the bullet to split - could it have hit something?

Maybe this wiki link will help you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_ballistics

...I like you have no personal experience with firearms..only dealing with victims of those firearms ( HC provider :scared: ) however, after watching trials for over quarter century..I have learned a whole lot :scared:

Maybe this wiki link will help you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_ballistics

...I like you have no personal experience with firearms..only dealing with victims of those firearms ( HC provider :scared: ) however, after watching trials for over quarter century..I have learned a whole lot :scared:

Thank you. I will have a look. :)

Guys, friendly reminder, screen shots of social media is not allowed, that includes twitter. You can add it as an image but not a screen grab.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor.

Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

:tyou:

One of the Twitter users I'm copying from is the city editor from the Denver Post. Would this be an acceptable source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members