CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son who just graduated college didn't want me to contact him all the time and would tell me if I didn't stop he wouldn't talk to me. He wanted to prove his independence. He never talked to me about his personal stuff and what he did.
He's. got his act totally together so I don't necessarily think that means anything.

That's when you stalk them online, just to keep track :)

Sounds like it's becoming clear that jimmy had no experience sharing with his family early in life. As he matured, he kept a lot of things in. Maybe he wanted to share & be close but knew that's not what his family is used to doing. Being intelligent & keeping so much in, it worked up his MI.

Anyone one bet..parent's may have considered MAYBE he was GAY?? ( closeted) ..due to his teen years, college years (no interest in girls) etc..Maybe relieved he had a GF ( Data) who had just broken up with him..so used his Mono health issue to excuse his lack of interest etc...

I do think his parent's had no clue..and J. used every avenue to avoid letting his parents, outside people, maintained all social moray's in order not to be outed...lied to therapists...quit even trying to succeed...WHY?? because some want to suggest.."Floodgates" opened..But if you consider..it was only after he realized that neuroscience post-Grad wasn't going to work out..Med's didn't cure him..he had already setup an alibi of MI..found lots of folks he could blame..upbringing, therapists, hated mankind for decades>>Did those floodgates open....

Then I hear this family history..The more I realize yes J has issues.."Personality Disorder" and has absolutely NO ability to empathize with anybody..including his folks, friends etc....That in a nutshell describes something very well known by anyone who ever dealt with such a person!!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568Narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

No gay vibe IMO. Plus he joined those women hook up sites, match places and had the girl photo-shoped with him.

The father's demeanor indicates he hardly knew his son.

I know lots of fathers like that. He can remember a lot more about his son when he was young then my husband and my husband is a very good Father. I think you are picking on his Dad too much.

Realistically what could his parents have done? JH was an adult Hippa protects his rights. His parent didn't know he was building bombs and was going to shoot up everyone.

His parents couldn't have stopped it. It was JH plan he hid. Maybe Gargi should have called the police or JH parents to tell them what JH said

I know lots of fathers like that. He can remember a lot more about his son when he was young then my husband and my husband is a very good Father. I think you are picking on his Dad too much.

Realistically what could his parents have done? JH was an adult Hippa protects his rights. His parent didn't know he was building bombs and was going to shoot up everyone.

His parents couldn't have stopped it. It was JH plan he hid. Maybe Gargi should have called the police or JH parents to tell them what JH said

Not picking on Dad at all. He had a detached relationship with his son.

Jury dismissed for the day.

Ten minute recess then the attorneys will talk about jury instructions.

Defence hoping to rest tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narcissism means and does explain J's rationale of taking by killing to increase self worth..and not even considering the consequences to the victims their loved one's or his OWN family...Most would wonder..HOW could someone even fathom of any human being acting like this..It's something that is more and more prevalent in today's society..ME ME ME society..couldn't give a care about anybody else...BUT that does NOT mean Insane..nor can blame anyone but the murderer!! He was broken..and had all skill's and knowhow (education) to cover up his mission....

I've known only a few Narcissists in my lifetime..BUT have witnessed and been involved in dealing with them...SO Yup..J needs to be put away..forever..and if he want's solitary confinement..put him in general..IF he wants something else..make him face the alternative..LWOP is just that..make the rest of his decades of breathing Oxygen on earth learn to accommodate others..and learn to look in the mirror at what he did to far too many innocents..plus those who loved him...SMH!!

Not picking on Dad at all. He had a detached relationship with his son.

I'm not so sure the Dad wanted it that way, or even realized it was - he seems like a caring father - but it's hard to know someone who doesn't want to be known. I agree there was detachment, though - but I think JH wanted it that way, IMO

I wonder how many hours the dad was working each week. Also, the dad was brought up in the military system. His dad would have been working a lot. Many people parent how they were parented. Mr Holmes might have been an arms length parent who was there sometimes but not all the time.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Amster

This is so odd....almost like they were afraid of him....I can't shake the feeling that we don't know the whole story about this family

I agree. There is more than meets the eye here.

And I'm thinking we will never know the whole story.

I do wonder if they (parents, sister) were suspicious in view of Aunt Betty's sickness. RH said his own father showed traces of a problem. Maybe JH did his best to mask it -- I would have. Yes, there's more to this story, but we'll never know...

While I am no proponent of Dp at all..we haven't had it for way over half century...I do think this guy deserves it under their law in Colorado..IF they can't apply it in this case..May I suggest legislatures re-address this DP thingy..Because IF J. doesn't deserve it..NO ONE deserves it...

Me thinks this case will be the bellwether of how DP application goes forward after this case..What doe other's think??

Oh yay. Ms Nelson is going to be bombarding the judge with arguments about jury instructions.

oh no, arguing about those dang one word changes!

Yes and she is on top form. It's like she's on springs when she leaps up! The judge told the attorneys to stay seated but she bounces up when she has a point to make lol!

Def. seems conflicted here..They want jury to use moral judgement ( mercy) and disregard evidence THEY PUT ON Evidence ( yet they want it to be considered) ( yikes is Def. Bipolar ??)..Why did they bother then..CaNNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!! Ms. Nelsons...SMH

Yes and she is on top form. It's like she's on springs when she leaps up! The judge told the attorneys to stay seated but she bounces up when she has a point to make lol!

I know! and every time the prosecution or even the judge suggests something different, loudly 'I object!' then goes on reciting all the rules. I've never heard attys cite a string of rules & rights, ever, as much as they do!

LOL....cold day in hell if one of my sons, while in college, ordered me to quit contacting them! Good grief!! I would be devastated to have had that kind of relationship! Now that all have graduated, bragging, have great jobs in chosen professions....I have found out about some of the more "interesting" activities of their college days! But, at the time, you best believe if me or their dad called.....yes, you will answer or call back, shortly. Even now, I can't imagine a scenario where any one of them would pull the "leave me alone" stunt! Really??

I'm talking about making contact once a week or 10 days.....not daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!