CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. I am completely opposed to the DP but this lady makes me want to rethink it. Her tone is condescending, aggravating and morally superior. She is NOT helping his client, nor she is helping the cause of mental illness. [insert expletive here]

I completely agree - I'm not pro-DP, but her argument is cause to rethink that stance, IMO

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting

Life is severe and harsh sentence. Life in a cell alone and sick as JH is, that’s punishment

He will be punished one way or another. nothing can shield him from punishment.

Mental illness presented to consider moral culpability

Someone who commits this crime for fun. They’re culpable. His mental illness isn’t culpable

He saw Fenton - his scream for help

We aren’t blaming anyone at CU - this was presented so you would know the truth of what happened to JH in 2012

Groups don’t make morals, individuals do

When you decide you need to stand up for what’s right, b/c someone’s life in balance.

When you give calm reflection, listen to fellow jurors, and say life appropriate - tell foreman

The deaths of “those people” (ugh) can’t be answered by another death. Please, no more death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Even I would have thought LWOP parole would have been appropriate if he got up there and said " I honestly don't know what drove me to do this, I can't believe I did this and there is no way for me to apologize deeply enough for what my actions have caused, but I will regret my actions for the rest of my life", but nope, indifference and no remorse. I think, at least in my experience, with a family member who has a mental illness and often has outbursts, that when they stabilize again they feel awful, embarrassed and want to say sorry.

EVEN if he could not speak publicly he could have written apology letter for attorney to read but he did NOTHING.

He will be punished for the rest of his life

Brauchler has no rebuttal

Damn. I am completely opposed to the DP but this lady makes me want to rethink it. Her tone is condescending, aggravating and morally superior. She is NOT helping his client, nor she is helping the cause of mental illness. [insert expletive here]

I agree about her closing. When she told the jury to give him mercy- all my mind went to was, he showed no mercy to his victims!!
Condescending, yes. She's still going on about 'he was delusional and not mentally culpable". Well, the jury found he WAS culpable!!!! WTH?

I only consider the DP in the most horrendous of cases---there is no doubt he did this crime--JH was callous and has no remorse---Hundreds of people have been effected and the Magnificent 12 lost their lives..And, defense Dr Reid did not say he had schizophrenia--he felt JH had schizoaffective disorder--- ??? hope I remember this correctly--he was not psychotic during this. I vote for Big D.

Judge giving some brief instructions before sending jurors to deliberate.

Judge - you know the drill but i will go over a few things.

Jurors can change mind about 8:30-4:30 deliberation time

They will send back ALL exhibits with exception of live ammo

Jury will go to room. Deliberations and VERDICT watch begin now!

www.twitter.com/thegoldpatrol

I think the deliberating jurors get along well and are all on the same page. They seem like an intelligent group. I will respect their verdict.

Does any one think a verdict will be reached in an hour?

Brady made me so mad!!! What a load of old cobblers! Talking about executing children?? What will you tell your grandchildren?? What will the VICTIMS tell their children? NOTHING because your client MURDERED them!!!!

And breathe.........

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Jury will go to room. Deliberations and VERDICT watch begin now!

^^^^ Time 317 MT

If they take a vote to see where everyone stands and all already unanimous yes it's possible. I've served on jury's before.

If they take a vote to see where everyone stands and all already unanimous yes it's possible. I've served on jury's before.

I won't get my hopes up. We always have this hope and it never happens!!

Do they get to deliberate tomorrow? It might happen tomorrow

No, but it has happened in the past. I do not remember what trial.

Also, I remember one Jury had a DP verdict but they waited an entire day before they said anything because they were afraid some person would say them may a decision to fast. Again I do not remember what trial, but it was a TV interview.

I think we will get a verdict tomorrow, however, I would go with one today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard