CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started feeling nauseous. I wish it was over with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the victims can actually talk again before the Judge hands down any more decisions. That one I do not think the defense can object to on anything.

I wish we had a CO legal beagle here.

bbm

Hmmmm, anybody believe in Spontaneous Human Combustion???

:D

I wouldn't even waste my breath on JH. He won't listen and could care less.

AuroraShootingTrial ‏@Aurora_Sentinel · 9m9 minutes ago
Family members of victims have arrived at the courthouse for the sentencing of #Aurora theater shooter James Holmes.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 29m29 minutes ago
Media row is hopping as we await the Aurora #theatershooting verdict at 5 p.m.

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking along with you guys through this trial. Not much longer to wait now. Where has the time gone?!

:yourock:

you know I bet many of us are way more anxious that holmes...i think he loves the idea of being famous for this crime and really wants the death penalty.

I wonder if there will be any outbursts from the victims/families when the sentence is read out.

If for any crazy reason this would ever get overturned on appeal (which it won't!), they have the other sentences.

That's why the word, "consecutive" is so very important (as opposed to "concurrent").

I wonder if there will be any outbursts from the victims/families when the sentence is read out.

I think so no matter which verdict is reada.

I doubt it. The 'biggee' was the guilty verdict - the families are reportedly split and conflicted on the DP- some want it. some do not. I think mostly they cared about getting him convicted. So if they didn't outburst then they're not likely to outburst now. And the crazy lady from closing is in jail, so she's not there.

Hiya NotMyself, good to see you, and thanks! :) Yeah, I don't think he ever plans on speaking or apologizing but agree the judge would allow it if he were to ask. Now that this is about wrapped up I'll be diving back into the JA videos and posting whatever thoughts I have over there (I have to have something to do indoors with the heatwave going on outside lol).

Exellent, I'll look forward to reading your thoughts!

Possibly; Cathy (Court Chatter) has been retweeing Jessica Ghawi's brother's tweets, he's vehemently opposed to him getting the DP and spending more time, money and focus on his sister's killer. I hope there won't be any outbursts regardless of the jury's decision.

I had a thought. What if one or more of the jurors were holding out for LWOP and the rest of the jury asked them to watch that graphic video to be absolutely sure they wouldn't agree to the DP. Maybe they agreed to change their mind after being reminded of what he did, or it didn't make any difference so they had to give a non-unanimous verdict.

Possibly; Cathy (Court Chatter) has been retweeing Jessica Ghawi's brother's tweets, he's vehemently opposed to him getting the DP and spending more time, money and focus on his sister's killer. I hope there won't be any outbursts regardless of the jury's decision.

There are definitely pros and cons to either verdict. Can't make everyone happy I guess.

For all the tea/coffee drinkers, time to get the kettle on!

It's midnight here so I will be needing the caffeine :coffeews:

For all the tea/coffee drinkers, time to get the kettle on!

It's midnight here so I will be needing the caffeine :coffeews:

Are you in the UK? I am!

I think so no matter which verdict is reada.

We may hear some gasps and soft crying, but the families have been very good through this entire thing. JH family has been quiet too...not like some other parents of murderers.

After court is over I think there will be more to hear but the camera will be off.

I do not think the families or victims will speak except for one or two that may be give a general statement.

I think the Jury will wait a while to catch their breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie