CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably an anti-DP ringer on the jury.....they are getting really good at it

I suspect the mental illness played into this verdict very heavily.

Audible sobs heard when Veronica's count was read. Tears :(

We'll..so far..It's done..LWOP for this sicko!! Guess this will be the last case Colorado ever brings any further cases asking for DP in the near future!!

THIS must be a kick in the GUT for those victim's that wanted DP..SMH

I am sorry he did not get DP, but he has to survive in prison now....can he do that? He cannot be protected all the time...no matter what is said. He better watch his back and all around.

I am still glad the State went with the trial so that ALL the information came out with what he did. The defense wanted to hide everything!

The family members have stood with their backs to the court!!!

Devastated. I can't believe they'd allow him to live after what he'd done. As someone dealing with mental illness, he needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. I am completely sick to my stomach. He did what he did out of evil NOT because of his mental illness.

Not all families wanted DP - a DP comes with multiple automatic appeals, and would take 20 - 30 years and cost millions.

For a jury that worked so quickly and collectively I'm truly surprised. Mainly because they didn't deliberate very long. Very reminiscent of JA trial..... How does he not deserve death for little Veronica? I just will focus on the fact he will never be free again. But I don't think he deserves to breath the same air as his surviving victors. And the defense team gets to count this as a victory, and all those asshat experts get to put this on their resume. Gag me with a spoon.

Life in imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

The family members have stood with their backs to the court!!!

I wondered what the 3 people dressed like civilians were doing facing what I thought was backwards. Wow, makes a statement in itself. Prayers for the family and friends of those affected by "that guy."

It hit me harder than I expected. I thought I wouldn't mind LWOP but selfishly I'm disappointed and upset. After what he did to these people he gets a better quality of life than they do. Some of them will never walk or talk again.

Actually in the end this will be better because he would have been protected in Death Row, but with "life" someone in the prison may get his one point.

Now he gets all the hugs and kisses he wants from family and future or present girl groupies....no respect for any juror who gave him a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993