CO CO - Jane Mudder, 56, El Paso County, 5 May 2018

doodles1211

Reaction score
upload_2018-6-21_22-12-22.jpeg
upload_2018-6-21_22-12-38.jpeg
El Paso County Sheriff's deputies are looking for an at-risk woman who's been missing since early May.

The sheriff's office released photos of 56-year-old Jane Mudder, who was last seen in the Cascade area on May 5, 2018.

She's 5'6, weighs 122 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes with a tattoo on her right arm.

If you see her, please call the sheriff's office at 719-390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's deputies looking for missing woman

Added to Charley Project: Jane Aurelia Mudder – The Charley Project

mudder_jane_tattoo.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Mudder was last seen in Cascade, Colorado on May 5, 2018. She has never been heard from again. For unspecified reasons, there is concern for Mudder's safety. Few details are available in her case.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit is asking for the public’s assistance locating Jane Mudder. Jane is described as a 57 year old white female, 5’6”, 122 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She also has a dream catcher tattoo on her right arm.

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018, El Paso County Sheriff’s Office deputies were dispatched to a missing person. The reporting person was Jane's sister, who stated she had not heard from Jane since April 28, 2018. The last known address for Jane was on the 7000 block of West Highway 24, in El Paso County, Colorado. Jane was renting a room at the house from the owner.

On May 3, 2018, surveillance video from a bank in the 300 block of Highway 24 showed Jane, alone, performing a financial transaction.

On May 4, 2018, surveillance video from a store in the 9000 block of East Highway 24 showed Jane entering the store. She is seen leaving the parking lot in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which appears to be a 2016 model.

Jane’s landlord said he last saw Jane on May 5, 2018, at approximately 11:00 AM, when an unknown male picked her up from her residence. Jane said she was leaving for Dallas.

During the investigation it was discovered Jane made and received several phone calls on May 5, 2018.

The Major Crimes Unit is asking for any information to include any sightings you may have had of Jane. They are also asking if you received or made a phone call to Jane on May 5, 2018, to please call the Investigations Tip Line at 719-520-6666.

A photograph of Jane as well as a photo of the vehicle she was last seen in are attached to this Media Release.
application-pdf.png
MR 20-051 Sheriff's Office Continues to Investigate Missing Person Case.pdf

On May 3, 2018, surveillance video from a bank in the 300 block of Highway 24 showed Jane, alone, performing a financial transaction. The next day surveillance video from a store in the 9000 block of East Highway 24 showed Jane entering the store. She is seen leaving the parking lot in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which appears to be a 2016 model.

Jeep.png

Jane’s landlord said he last saw Jane on May 5, 2018, at approximately 11:00 AM, when an unknown male picked her up from her home. Jane said she was leaving for Dallas.

During the investigation, it was discovered Jane made and received several phone calls on May 5, 2018.

The Major Crimes Unit is asking for any information to include any sightings you may have had of Jane. They are also asking if you received or made a phone call to Jane on May 5, 2018, to please call the Investigations Tip Line at 719-520-6666.
EPSO asking for help finding missing woman

It’s my first impression. I know cold cases are frequently brought up around time of anniversaries of disappearance but we aren’t near hers. So go figure. Can anyone tell what her tattoo says?
View attachment 239253
Sheriff's Office Continues to Investigate a Missing Person Case
I'm attaching a close up of her tatoo from the Charley Project. To me, it looks like the top line might say "Grandma of". The bottom is a date. 2(7?)-15-62??

Sorry if this is OT!

Attachments

• IMG_20200319_103320.jpg
    IMG_20200319_103320.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 53
I can only make out what looks like an indian dream catcher with maybe 2 birds on top. Im not sure what the words are unless a deceased relative or two.
It seems odd to just now release these photos yesterday after all this time:

It has been nearly two years since the family of Jane Mudder has heard from her.

On Wednesday, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office released a photo of Mudder and a vehicle tied to her case. Authorities are hoping for help from the public in finding her.

MISSING: Colorado woman last seen in 2018, El Paso County Sheriff's Office asks for public's help

I'm attaching a close up of her tatoo from the Charley Project. To me, it looks like the top line might say "Grandma of". The bottom is a date. 2(7?)-15-62??

Sorry if this is OT!

Thanks for the closeup. I can see it much better and Im pretty sure now that the date at bottom is 7/15/62.

So either someone was born that date or died on that date. Im guessing born on that date. The only word on top I can be sure of is the "OF" at the end. Your guess could be right but its so blurry its hard to make out that first word. And the 2 angled things on the side I am at a loss now. I thought they were birds...LOL and that is not right after seeing the good closeup.

Anyone have an idea why EPSCO posted this out of the blue yesterday? I posted the release and and article here:
CO - Co- Jane Mudder, 56, El Paso County, 5 May 2018

Sometimes family will call to ask about the status of a cold investigation after seeing media coverage of a case that reminds them of their own loved one's case. All of this attention on Gannon's case may have sparked someone to check in on Jane's case.

So did she leave her Jeep behind in Colorado?
Is there a sketch of the male who "picked her up?"
Is she alive and well, hiding in Texas?
Where is she from originally?
What work has she done for a living?
So many wonderings....

Sometimes family will call to ask about the status of a cold investigation after seeing media coverage of a case that reminds them of their own loved one's case. All of this attention on Gannon's case may have sparked someone to check in on Jane's case.
***LIKE*** Common sense prevails. Thank you.

Could the date on her tatoo be her birth date?
I believe she will be turning 58 this year. MOO

It seems odd to just now release these photos yesterday after all this time:

It has been nearly two years since the family of Jane Mudder has heard from her.

On Wednesday, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office released a photo of Mudder and a vehicle tied to her case. Authorities are hoping for help from the public in finding her.

MISSING: Colorado woman last seen in 2018, El Paso County Sheriff's Office asks for public's help
Her photos were all over the news and on EPCSO social media pages back then. Not sure about the vehicle.
MISSING: Woman last seen in Cascade May 5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31
Back