CO CO - Jaryd Atadero, 3, Comanche Peak, 2 Oct 1999

I felt it necessary to post this as it relates to Poudre Canyon and the Big South. We hope and pray that the last remaining areas we needed to investigate will not be completely destroyed. As it sits, it's going to take a miracle. But we tend to believe in those more than most...

Cameron Peak Fire burns portions of popular Colorado campground

We don't have reason to believe that he would have tied his jacket around his waist. Jaryd didn't even know how to tie his shoes. He would have carried his jacket with him if he took it off, and would have been left behind on the trail in any scenario. As for the sweatpants holding the shoes in, it must be stated again that Jaryd always walked around with his shoes untied which is exactly how they were found.

I find it odd that you say we have no reason to believe that he couldn’t of tied his jacket around his waist but yet you KNOW that if he took it off he would of carried it and left it.

My just turned three year old can wrap his coats around himself.

Seems like you try to cast doubt on anyone’s theories that don’t align with yours...

Thank you for responding. The temperature on the mountain only reached highs in the 50s, and the temp drops futher on the mountain. According to historical weather data, it dropped below freezing at night. This is consistent with both the sheriff's report and Allyn's account of events. As such, Jaryd would not have removed his jacket at any time. My point was to illustrate the psychology of Jaryd at that age and in the hypothetical scenario he took off his jacket, from stories Allyn told us about Jaryd. It is my understanding he would have been more likely to carrier it based on other events in his life and would not have tied it around his waste. Perhaps an adult would have tied it for him if temperatures were warmer, but no one reported Jaryd having worn his jacket around his waist. This was consistent up to the last sighting of Jaryd.

The reason I so often come against certain ideas on this page is not to come down on anyone or to cause embarrassment, but to help keep all the evidence in proper context. So often families come up against theories that only take into account one piece of evidence or part of a scenario and, often unintentionally, ignore the implications the rest of the evidence. We don't presume to know everything about the case, but with several individuals out there trying to cash in on the paranormal interpretation of events, it was important for us to study every aspect of this case down to the letter. In doing so, we found out a lot more than what these paranormal guys were revealing. So I apologize if my posts have frustrated you and/or others, it isn't our intention by any means, but we've thought about every other scenario you can think of and abduction is the only one that remains at the top by a wide margin.

I feel this is a good time to let everyone know why we chose to remain absent from posting online for some time. Earlier this year we released a statement on our website and Facebook page indicating our desire to take our efforts offline and focus our energies in a more focused and private way. At the beginning of this endeavor, we felt that in generating conversation about the case, other more experienced individuals might see the discrepancies present in Jaryd's disappearance and be interested in taking up the cause. This didn't happen, and with all the paranormal white noise on Youtube regarding the case, it likely drove some away from involvement.

To those who participated, we thank you for doing so and hope you have a blessed life ahead in Jesus' name.

Thank you for responding. The temperature on the mountain only reached highs in the 50s, and the temp drops futher on the mountain. According to historical weather data, it dropped below freezing at night. This is consistent with both the sheriff's report and Allyn's account of events. As such, Jaryd would not have removed his jacket at any time. My point was to illustrate the psychology of Jaryd at that age and in the hypothetical scenario he took off his jacket, from stories Allyn told us about Jaryd. It is my understanding he would have been more likely to carrier it based on other events in his life and would not have tied it around his waste. Perhaps an adult would have tied it for him if temperatures were warmer, but no one reported Jaryd having worn his jacket around his waist. This was consistent up to the last sighting of Jaryd.

The reason I so often come against certain ideas on this page is not to come down on anyone or to cause embarrassment, but to help keep all the evidence in proper context. So often families come up against theories that only take into account one piece of evidence or part of a scenario and, often unintentionally, ignore the implications the rest of the evidence. We don't presume to know everything about the case, but with several individuals out there trying to cash in on the paranormal interpretation of events, it was important for us to study every aspect of this case down to the letter. In doing so, we found out a lot more than what these paranormal guys were revealing. So I apologize if my posts have frustrated you and/or others, it isn't our intention by any means, but we've thought about every other scenario you can think of and abduction is the only one that remains at the top by a wide margin.

I feel this is a good time to let everyone know why we chose to remain absent from posting online for some time. Earlier this year we released a statement on our website and Facebook page indicating our desire to take our efforts offline and focus our energies in a more focused and private way. At the beginning of this endeavor, we felt that in generating conversation about the case, other more experienced individuals might see the discrepancies present in Jaryd's disappearance and be interested in taking up the cause. This didn't happen, and with all the paranormal white noise on Youtube regarding the case, it likely drove some away from involvement.

To those who participated, we thank you for doing so and hope you have a blessed life ahead in Jesus' name.

Wishing you and Jaryd's family all the best, and that you will get answers one day. But I still think that keeping Jaryd's disappearance and the circumstances of his recovery talked about in public still is the best chance to generate some new leads. But that's only my personal opinion and I respect the family's decision.

Wishing you and Jaryd's family all the best, and that you will get answers one day. But I still think that keeping Jaryd's disappearance and the circumstances of his recovery talked about in public still is the best chance to generate some new leads. But that's only my personal opinion and I respect the family's decision.

Thank you. We appreciated your input and willingness to converse. Don't stop talking about Jaryd's case, and always keep the totality of evidence in view when investigating on your own. God bless.

I just heard about this case today... I can't speculate why Jaryd left the trail - forced by an animal or not. I'm just thinking out loud, but missing persons like children have the potential to walk much further than adults think them capable of. If temperatures dropped low.. it makes sense for Jaryd
to strip down, take off his pants and shoes, etc - at the point of undress, he may have been in the latter stage of hyperthermia.

Last edited:
I just heard about this case today... I can't speculate why Jaryd left the trail - forced by an animal or not. I'm just thinking out loud, but missing persons like children have the potential to walk much further than adults think them capable of. If temperatures dropped low.. it makes sense for Jaryd
to strip down, take off his pants and shoes, etc - at the point of undress, he may have been in the latter stage of hyperthermia.
That wouldn't explain how his clothes ended up at the top of a mountain ridge. There is no way he could have handled the terrain. I can see hypothermia and paradoxical undressing occurring along the trail, but his clothes would have remained there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back