CO - Jessica Hernandez, 17, killed by police after LEO struck by stolen car

Imo, giving LE carte blanche on when someone needs to die is the current core problem with LE-Public relations.

Another point I look forward to hearing about this LE shooting is, when the officers were pulling the teens from the car, reportedly moments after the shooting, was the car in park? If so, who put the car in park? Or was it up against a building or fence that would render the vehicle stable so it wouldn't roll? I would like to think the officers were not pulling people from a vehicle that would potentially roll - the officers and the people being pulled out would be at risk.

Imo, it will matter who put the car in park and when, if in fact it was put in park. If it was the driver, before she died, the teens inside will know. If it was LE after the fact, the teens inside will know. A pivotal moment imo.

Seems to me that carte blanche is only given when the perp is attempting to kill an officer or someone else or occasionally when a dangerous felon is fleeing and considered a violent danger to others. If someone opens fire on a cop then turns and runs, they are going to be taken down if possible. They are a public danger.

.... Another point I look forward to hearing about this LE shooting is, when the officers were pulling the teens from the car....
bbm sbm
In MSM articles, I missed bbm phrase. Link pls?

ETA: Question re Woodland's same post-
"Imo, it will matter who put the car in park and when, if in fact it was put in park.
If it was the driver, before she died, the teens inside will know. If it was LE after the fact, the teens inside will know
." bbm

Not sure I'm following this train of thought.
Are you saying - if car was put into park by driver, then it was clear that LEOs were not in danger, so they s/not have fired?
If so, how would LEOs know it was in park?
And even if she had put it in park, how can LEOs conclude they are no longer in danger?
Does shifting car out of park take more than a split second, then allowing driver to hit LEO again?

Or are you saying something else?

bbm sbm
In MSM articles, I missed bbm phrase. Link pls?

ETA: Question re Woodland's same post-
"Imo, it will matter who put the car in park and when, if in fact it was put in park.
If it was the driver, before she died, the teens inside will know. If it was LE after the fact, the teens inside will know
." bbm

Not sure I'm following this train of thought.
Are you saying - if car was put into park by driver, then it was clear that LEOs were not in danger, so they s/not have fired?
If so, how would LEOs know it was in park?
And even if she had put it in park, how can LEOs conclude they are no longer in danger?
Does shifting car out of park take more than a split second, then allowing driver to hit LEO again?

Or are you saying something else?

Officers pulling teens from the car is from the link in post #1 - which is not opening properly for me at the moment in order to cut and paste.
'Diaz said she came outside to see officers with their guns drawn pulling people out of the car' - about half way through the article.

The car seems to have come to a halt against a fence, so does not appear to have been put in park - so not relevant now.

Prosecutors promise probe of police killing of teen

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/27/police-shooting-denver/22395049/

Prosecutors told the Associated Press that they will do a thorough investigation of the incident. They said Tuesday, however, that they can't discuss the facts of the case.

Chief deputy district attorney Doug Jackson spoke after the rally over shouts and obscenities from some of the protesters. He said the findings of the investigation will be made public and people can decide if the right decision was made.

Officers pulling teens from the car is from the link in post #1 - which is not opening properly for me at the moment in order to cut and paste.
'Diaz said she came outside to see officers with their guns drawn pulling people out of the car' - about half way through the article.
The car seems to have come to a halt against a fence, so does not appear to have been put in park - so not relevant now.

Woodland- here's link you referred to: http://www.stltoday.com/news/nationa...796acbde4.html
Thanks for calling to my attention. My mistake for not catching that before. uh-oh, lashes w the wet noodle for me.

No wet noodle lashes needed al66pine.

Wondering now if the officer could have been hit with the vehicle after the teen driver was shot, since the vehicle veered off to one side and hit the fence.

Glad to see a probe will be conducted and info released at some point.

Yes, Yoda, looks like bullet holes into the side windows (I think).
Enlarging image, does anyone else see on hood broken aqua-greenish-windshield-glass? Or am I imagining it?
If so, maybe one LEO or maybe both were in front of car, when shooting?
Or maybe one LEO in front of car, the other on driver's side, when both shot?

ETA: Could green-blue-ish color on hood be a reflection of the LEO cruiser's light bar?
From Yoda's other pix or other source, can we tell if front windshield has bullet holes or is spidered?
Anyone? Thx in adv.

From the one photo I thought there was glass from the windshield on the hood, but I think it is a reflection of the police lights because you don't see it in the other photo.

It also looks like the driver was pulled out throught the front passenger door. I was trying to determine if the two police vehicles inside the tape were the vehicles of responding officers. Any thoughts?

No wet noodle lashes needed al66pine.
Wondering now if the officer could have been hit with the vehicle after the teen driver was shot, since the vehicle veered off to one side and hit the fence. Glad to see a probe will be conducted and info released at some point.
bbm

Woodland, ditto, glad to see promise of full investigation.

Yes, poss the sequence was like you said^: shooting first, then vehicle hit LEO. But ----- I based initial view on first article I read.
"Police Chief Robert White said an officer was called to check on a suspicious vehicle and
a colleague arrived after it was determined the car had been reported stolen.
In a statement, police said the two officers then "approached the vehicle on foot when the driver drove the car into one of the officers."
White said both officersthen opened fire. The officer hit by the car was taken to a hospital with a leg injury." dtd Jan 26 bbm
http://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...cle_3582facd-4782-5265-aac7-d7d796acbde4.html

Has any one seen ref. to dash/badge cam vid or passenger cell-vid? I wonder what other info will surface.

Not a FB member. At link all I see is list of her 'likes' for several bands/music groups. Any ref's there specifically re drugs, booze? TIA.
Pix, etc? Anyone?

I don't think I can screen shot from FB. I think it's against the rules.

But I'm referring to pictures.

bbm

Woodland, ditto, glad to see promise of full investigation.

Yes, poss the sequence was like you said^: shooting first, then vehicle hit LEO. But ----- I based initial view on first article I read.
"Police Chief Robert White said an officer was called to check on a suspicious vehicle and
a colleague arrived after it was determined the car had been reported stolen.
In a statement, police said the two officers then "approached the vehicle on foot when the driver drove the car into one of the officers."
White said both officersthen opened fire. The officer hit by the car was taken to a hospital with a leg injury." dtd Jan 26 bbm
http://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...cle_3582facd-4782-5265-aac7-d7d796acbde4.html

Has any one seen ref. to dash/badge cam vid or passenger cell-vid? I wonder what other info will surface.

The Police Chief has given a sequence of events.

Did the officer that was hit with the car remain standing? He fired his weapon, according to the Chief, so from what angle I wonder?
I would have expected damage to the front of the car if the driver was attempting to flee, was shot and veered into a fence. Don't see any damage to the hood and the fence looks unscathed as well. Is there a wall behind that fence? Not sure.

It also looks like the driver was pulled out throught the front passenger door. I was trying to determine if the two police vehicles inside the tape were the vehicles of responding officers. Any thoughts?

Yoda.
re pulling driver out thru passenger side door?
Maybe.
From this pic, difficult to tell if car is so close to garage/outbuilding as to preclude driver exiting car on driver's side -
either on own or pulled by others.
Or did you mean something else?

I wonder about LE vehicles location too.

The Police Chief has given a sequence of events.
Did the officer that was hit with the car remain standing? He fired his weapon, according to the Chief, so from what angle I wonder?
I would have expected damage to the front of the car if the driver was attempting to flee, was shot and veered into a fence. Don't see any damage to the hood and the fence looks unscathed as well. Is there a wall behind that fence? Not sure.

Good questions.

If LEO was standing in front of car as it went forward (IDK this for sure), seems likely there c/be visible damage to car.
I read the LEO had a "possibly broken leg."
Sorry no link, but have not seen any other ref to that, only that he's expected to recover.
Wish we had better pix.

Yoda.
re pulling driver out thru passenger side door?
Maybe.
From this pic, difficult to tell if car is so close to garage/outbuilding as to preclude driver exiting car on driver's side -
either on own or pulled by others.
Or did you mean something else?

I wonder about LE vehicles location too.
What appears to be blood starting at the passenger door and extending a few feet.

Some new details are coming out.
Officers reportedly asked the teens to exit vehicle.
officers fired when vehicle moved towards initial officer. It seems the officer was not struck before shots were fired.

"Moments before opening fire on a car full of teenagers, two Denver police officers asked several times for those inside to get out after learning the car had been reported stolen, Police Chief Robert White said Wednesday.
"At some point, the original officer that responded to the scene, the vehicle started driving toward him, which pretty much had him between a car and a brick wall and a fence," White said in an interview with The Denver Post. "Out of fear for his safety, he fired several shots and the other officer also fired several shots.""

"Jordan's leg was fractured during Monday's incident, White said."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_27412773/denver-police-id-officers-fatal-shooting-unarmed-teen

Apparently she was gay so that's a big thing in my FB feed. Race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession... none of this should matter. If you break the law and do not comply with officers orders that is seen as an assault and the officers can use deadly force on anyone. Period.

Eta: maybe assault isn't the word I'm looking for... It is seen as aggressive behavior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back