CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully LE will start checking surveillance footage of the streets she normally walks.

I lift up prayers for all the searchers...they are out there in the cold, dark, night with flashlights.

from reading comments on the news site & FB, the general public is very ill-informed about amber alert procedures (one person actually seems to think the news station issues them) BUT at least lots of people are stepping up to go out & search - that's heartwarming to see

hope Jessica comes home safely and really soon - I read it's supposed to snow there tonight

The comments on the article say she may have never made it to school. I don't understand what is up with schools not notifying parents when their children are not accounted for if they have not been called in sick or whatever! When I was in school they called your parents if you didn't come in without fail! It honestly scares the crap out of me and makes me feel like when my lo is old enough to go to school I should drop her off myself so at least I'll know she made it there. This seems to happen so often anymore...terrifying.

"Investigators say the mother slept through several phone calls from the school."

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293104/339/Police-search-for-missing-Westminster-girl

Awwww....the poor mom slept through calls from the school. So hard to work graves and juggle a family. I am sure she is beside herself. Praying for all concerned.

Go downstairs folks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Evidently, the school called mom and left a message....mom was asleep and didn't get the message til 4pm-ish. Seems this little girl was basically on her own....

Go downstairs folks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Can you lead me downstairs, please? Almost 5 years into WS and I still get confused....

An Amber Alert was issued by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation at 9:20 p.m. Friday.

Police said Jessica walked to a nearby park every morning to meet a friend. Then the two of them would walk to school together. Friday morning, Jessica didn’t show up to meet her friend.The school called Jessica’s mother at about 10 a.m. on Friday to inform her that she did not arrive at school.

Jessica’s mother works the overnight shift and did not receive the message from the school until about 4 p.m. She immediately called police.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/05/10-year-old-westminster-girl-missing/

Has it been released yet is her father in the home? I always hope its a custody thing...it sure beats the alternative most times....IMHO

Is the home in Westminster or Broomfield?

we don't have exact addy yet.. it is near 107th and moore in westminster

I don't think they have released that yet, but assuming her home is in Westminster ..IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member