CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is "Joshuah" the way he spells his name? Mmmm...reminds me of the Biblical (Hebrew) spelling of Jesus: Jeshua.

Oops, no it isn't. It's how I spell it, but he doesn't have the h at the end. Thanks for pointing it out.

Still catching up....

Did someone mention the Sowelu Rune?

http://www.holisticreview.co.uk/Runes/Rune-Stones/Sowelu.php

24-Sowelu.jpg

I find this quote interesting:

“The cross was recovered at one of the crime scenes, but we are not releasing the details at this time,” Westminster Police investigator Trevor Materasso told ABC News.

BBM. At ONE of the crime scenes -- I'm wondering if this alludes to the cross being found at either the site of the backpack recovery or the attempted abduction (of the young woman) site -- not the JR disposal site.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...th-pivotal-evidence-in-jessica-ridgeway-case/

I explained who I meant, but I guess you missed my post. It is a RSO from Westminster. He's the one the entire post was about: His name is Joshua Reyes.
Thanks--sorry about the confusion--I'm thinking about 10 things at once! The initials are a good point1

No, we don't. (Oddly, WS wouldn't let me post a plain "no" as a reply. It was too short :p)

Hmmmmm :waitasec:

Some thoughts that are flying thru my brain right now...

1) fingerprints? Is it too much to hope there are some on the wood?
2) how were the odd markings made? With a tool or could they have been made by a fingernail?
3) have the pd definitely said we should look for a man? Maybe all the guy suspects are promptly excluded because ya don't need a DNA sample to know their DNA won't match an unknown female sample.
4) related - maybe they got an unknown (suspect) dna sample with a known variation that allows them to quickly exclude suspects with non-matching variants?
5) what if the charm was grabbed from the jogger during the attack?

JMOO, as always...ymmv. If they're not good ideas, blame the NyQuil I'm loading up on! :p

are you talking about the fact that family members have been ruled out?
If so, that can be found on the westminster PD twitter page
Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
WPD confident #JessicaRidgeway’s parents are NOT involved in the disappearance, focus is not on parents and believe this is an abduction.
https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

this is the one from 10 october.. there are more (lots more)

Thanks Nurse! But no. I know the family has been ruled out. But there are all kinds of people that aren't family but not strangers either. I was wondering about the comments about true and true strangers previously unknown to Jessica.

In any case, I've since read more about the jogger link and it does appear to be a true stranger danger situation. Off to read and catch up...again. Thanks though!

From that article:
"Police believe Jessica's killer had possession of the cross."

Ok, that makes it an even more important clue to me. I was originally thinking that the importance could be questionable (ie: it was found on a street near Jessica's home - could be important or could be anyone's who just lost it). However, the way this is stated makes me believe this cross was found somewhere that the police believe it is definately related to the crime - ie: in the backpack, on or under Jessica's remains, etc. JMO

Has anyone considered yet that perhaps this was found after the remains were found, but not near the remains? EG: perhaps the killer went *back* to an important place along the crime route police have investigated and left it there? Perhaps he thought police wouldn't notice? Or, perhaps he figured that they would find it, and this makes it even a more fun taunt, if he left it after they'd already investigated a given area?

(sorry... I think I spend too much time *outside* the box most days).

I find this quote interesting:

BBM. At ONE of the crime scenes -- I'm wondering if this alludes to the cross being found at either the site of the backpack recovery or the attempted abduction (of the young woman) site -- not the JR disposal site.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...th-pivotal-evidence-in-jessica-ridgeway-case/

I think I saw a MSM quote saying it was related to Jessica. Can't find it ATM though. The are at least two crime scenes that we are aware of in Jessica's case - the backpack site and where her body was found. Also, unknown to us, but possibly to LE, her abduction site.

Is there a photo of the cross? TIA

http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice/photos_stream

Please Share - over 410 fb shares since released-

http://www.facebook.com/ilike9news

Recognize this cross? Jessica Ridgeway Investigation (5 photos)
Westminster PD are looking for someone who may carry or wear this type of cross, may have recently purchased one of these, or is known to have some association with one. INFO: http://on9news.tv/T3rGgh
Police recovered a wooden cross that is approximately 1 ½ inches tall by 1 inch wide. The cross has a hole drilled through the upper part and appears that it can be or was worn on a necklace.
Police are also looking for a local business that may sell these specific crosses. Police believe there may be a connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, and urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.

First thing I checked was the runes but the zig zag on the cross is broken and it looks intentionally broken and not quite like the sowelu (sun) rune.

The third paragraph grabbed my attention.

Omg what is this app?! I needed this since 2005!

You have to use Google Chrome as your browser (I don't know if other browsers have apps like this, probably I just don't use them!). It is called I-AM-STUDYING Blocker. You add certain websites to the blocker and it will only let you access them for 10 minutes after an hour has went by. Pretty amazing! Just had facebook on there but I just added WS! lol. You can take it but you to solve a math problem to do so, lol. Love it

Has anyone considered yet that perhaps this was found after the remains were found, but not near the remains? EG: perhaps the killer went *back* to an important place along the crime route police have investigated and left it there? Perhaps he thought police wouldn't notice? Or, perhaps he figured that they would find it, and this makes it even a more fun taunt, if he left it after they'd already investigated a given area?

(sorry... I think I spend too much time *outside* the box most days).

I liked this idea at first, then I remembered all those memorials left for her at the tree.... And I am sure there are other places with memorials for her as well, like in the park etc. And I thought, how would they know WHO left it if it were found afterwards... YKWIM?

First thing I checked was the runes but the zig zag on the cross is broken and it looks intentionally broken and not quite like the sowelu (sun) rune.

Is there any significance to three Isas?

Alternatively Possibility to Consider:
What if the cross is a trophy the killer took off another person / victim and he has planted it there to taunt police even further? Just a thought. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this could be the possibility. Of course, we don't yet know if this actually came from / belonged to / was in the killer's possession at all as yet....

You could be onto something there. Wasn't there a serial killer who would leave underwear from a previous "victim" at another victim's crime scene? To taunt LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74