CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really! A classmate may have given it to her or she found it on the sidewalk and tucked it in her backpack. I think there's more to it than that though.

I think there's more to it as we'll. when LE releases so very little information, I have to believe they have thoroughly vetted the little info they do release, and are convinced of its importance.

My oh my. What have we here? I hope this cross takes us somewhere. I don't know about ya'll, but I just feel creeped out anymore. Even at home. Older 2 are gone - back in college, just me and the 5th grader, no one coming and going at all hours of the night, as much as that drove me nuts.

Will the killer of Jessica take one step forward? Don't know about anything. Such a short distance to be snatched. No one is safe anymore.

It's only an inch by inch and half? With a hole in the top?

Sounds like a necklace. (I'm sure you all already were all over that) and maybe a substitute for a worry stone.

I'm thinking the cross was something they found inside her backpack. Maybe inside her clothes, or in a pocket. They asked her family if she had such an item.

It's only an inch by inch and half? With a hole in the top?

Sounds like a necklace. (I'm sure you all already were all over that) and maybe a substitute for a worry stone.

Other possibilities mentioned were pocket rosary and keychain.

Other possibilities mentioned were pocket rosary and keychain.

I figured you all were all over it already :)

If they don't tell us in what context to Jess this was found I can't fathom we can figure anything out about it.

Unless a local sees it and recognizes it as something someone they personally know owns.

JMHO.

ETA: yes it looks like it could be handmade but it also looks like that thousands and I mean thousands of hand carved cheap--very cheap jewelry I see that is made in the Asia. It seems to be sold here a lot. I would imagine it is on the mainland too? KWIM?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it

Authorities are looking for someone who may carry or wear this type of cross, may have recently purchased one of these, or is known to have some association with one.

"This is a piece where we believe in working with the district attorney and recognizing the significance of showing it to the public helping who this individual may be," said Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso. "We believe it's going to help confirm or rule that these cases are not connected or potentially connected."

Is this to say they don't believe this was home made by perp but rather purchased by or for him? Further, in the quoted paragraph, he says it will help confirm or rule out that the cases are or are not maybe connected. How is this going to accomplish that? Short of DNA how will this be accomplished?

I don't think they want tips on the facebook page where everyone, including Jessica's killer, may read them.

That's correct. They've repeatedly posted to not leave tips on FB but instead to either call them in or send an email to a specific email address they provided.

This link was posted earlier but I'm struck by the part I bolded. How could the cross tell LE if the attempted abductions are related to Jessica? Any thoughts?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it

"This is a piece where we believe in working with the district attorney and recognizing the significance of showing it to the public helping who this individual may be," said Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso. "We believe it's going to help confirm or rule that these cases are not connected or potentially connected.

Police are specifically asking for connections to local shops that might sell this type of item, not online homemade craft stores.

Seems like all the good ideas are taken... I wanted to add another extremely simple one. Could the zigzag lines be a map for the police? :what: If you just look at the 2 bottom lines, they'd be similar to the lines from where the BP was found, to where she was abducted and then to where her body was found. Maybe the top line means that either his home or the rest of her are about 6 miles NE of where the BP was left. Not sure what the 3 lines on the other side would be, maybe 3 trees at that location?

Good thought.

He/she would be a bit dense to do that, though!

It may be part of his message. He could have planted it with her as an insult to Christians.

Or he may think he is one and in his haste it fell off his body, out of his pocket or even his wrist.
That would be LE's good luck in helping to solve the case.

More likely it's the first one - insult.

I was looking through photos and I was like "OMG! There's one just like it!"

Well, the ACTUAL photographs have hit the internet, and it WAS it from a news site. lol Duh me!

In case you are wanting more info on the Ketner lake abductions:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/295126/222/Police-will-not-ID-joggers-in-attempted-abductions

Investigators are looking for a possible connection between abduction of the jogger at Ketner Lake Open Space on May 28 and a similar incident in July 2012.

These abduction attempts took place a few months ago-so why call them into question now. My only guess is that the wooden cross was listed by the victims in the description of the suspect.. and now the cross has turned up!

EDITED- NOT SURE OF THE YEAR THE ATTEMPTS TOOK PLACE>> LOOKING SOMEWHERE ELSE

Police are specifically asking for connections to local shops that might sell this type of item, not online homemade craft stores.

And some of the items sold online could be sold in local shops. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member