CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people I have heard were cleared are the family (presumably meaning the parents and relatives who lived with or near Jessica). No one else has been mentioned. BUT LE seems to be talking about a stranger in their profiles and requests for tips. If they have any suspicions about him, they are holding their cards super close to the vest.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In my opinion, that father is one of the ONLY people we can absolutely rule out. We know where he was when she went missing. He was with his young son, and driving him to school. It is the other several thousand men in town that we need to look at, imo.

I am not familiar with Westminster at all (I am nearly an hour south) but this being so confusing, there is a part of me that wants to go and investigate and try to re-trace her steps. Even try and get a look at the area she was left, because in the photos it looks enormous and I cannot get a grasp on what we are looking at. I'm not so sure though, that thought is also quite scary because I am so unfamiliar with that part of Colorado. Wish I could be of more help.

I thought of another unsolved case earlier today that I wanted people to be aware of. I am on my phone so I can't look for a link, but I know one of you can. :) It happened in Greeley, Colorado in the year 2001, maybe 2002? A little girl was walking to school and was kidnapped, assaulted, and then let go. I know they put out a sketch of the suspect. www.greeleytrib.com would be the archives to search. I want to say the girl was maybe 9? Its been some time so my brain is foggy on it. Anyways, hopefully someone can do some digging and maybe find it.

Praying for Justice for Jessica!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Rewind of the scanner. If you have a paid account with Radio Reference (scanner online) you can rewind what was said. I think it's $15 for 3 months & $30 for the year or 6 months. Sometimes several people can listen to a scanner & several people can either miss something due to the person speaking or whatever so you can rewind to catch what you miss. hth.

It's very helpful, even if you didn't hear the orginal missing person call, you could rewind to that day and time to listen to it.

Thank you Dr. Know. I'm thinking your tactful message is that it is very easy and a fact that all words, important or not, can be misheard by our dedicated ears downstairs and what we read down there should tempered with that fact. Thank you for your moderation; I should have given the disclaimer myself.

Then, with what we know from the rewind, what are we to think, Etilema? Can you make any sense of how we can believe both? I've been trying to correlate the two and have been unsuccessful for the last couple of days. (I ruminate like a cow, I guess.)

No, I don't understand it at all, so I am left to assume here are chunks of information we don't have that would make it all make sense. For instance:

Was she meeting the friend (whose house she called), or a group of friends (her mom talked about a big bunch of kids who normally walk together)?

Was she to meet the one friend at the park or at his house? And then were they going to walk together to the park to meet the other friends?

Did the friend's father drive him to the park to wait? If so, why? If so, why not go ahead and drive them to school together, instead of having them walk?

Did the friend and his father wait until after the group of kids had already left the park, and that's why the dad drove him instead of having him walk? If so, wouldn't that lead him to wonder all the more where Jessica might be or how she would get to school (since she obviously hadn't gone with the other kids)?

If not, why not let the son walk with that group instead of driving him?

What about the friend's older brother? Did he walk?

Could it simply be that the father, in his rush to get out of the house, forgot about the call from Jessica, so didn't mention it to his son and just drove him to school? (And he now feels so terrible about it that he says they waited.)

If not, how could the son not remember the whole deal with the phone call, the waiting (Where is she? Is she even going to show up?) that morning, when his friend wasn't in school that day and he later found out she was missing?

Please be clear--I am not in any way suggesting the father was involved in this horrible crime. Only saying we are missing lots of detail that would help us understand this, and it is apparently the way LE wants it at this point, for whatever reason.

My guess is he drove his son to that park en route to work, and in fact may have been running late because of waiting for Jessica. As for why he didn't make a phone call, it's hard to say...without more information I don't feel that any of us are in a position to judge that. We don't know how formal that arrangement was, how reliable Jessica was about getting there on time, or any number of factors that may have contributed to that decision. He may have simply taken the attitude that she wasn't his child and therefore wasn't his responsibility, which seems to be the norm, unfortunately- How many times have we heard about children dying from abuse, only to find out many in the community knew of it but never called authorities because they didn't want to get involved?

The important thing to keep in mind is that this man was without a doubt one of the first people LE looked at during the investigation, and it appears they ruled him out since they have stated on record that they believe this to be a stranger abduction. Whether his decision not to follow up that morning was the result of indifference, oversight, or something else entirely-it is probably one that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

I think another factor in not following up is that events like what happened to Jessica are, thankfully, extremely rare, so people do not dream of there being a real danger. People just can't fathom that something like this could happen, especially in the morning, not dark of night, in a neighborhood, not a slum or a big dangerous city, when people are out and about going to work and school. I'm sure he assumed that she would be ok, and if there was any issue with her not getting to school the school would straighten it out by calling the mom. JMO

I don't mean to change the subject but today I read about a 19 year old in May 2012, from Westminster was arrested for stealing & animal abuse of hamsters (small animals the article said too) at a Petsmart where he was working at. He said he was giving them to his friends but also admitted he pinched one of them & that he had swung one in the air by it's leg? Now that's scary, talk about overpowering something by strength & size, that's overkill. That to me is odd & sick. Who pinches a hamster?

Interesting. Here is a link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/william-joseph-riddick-ar_n_1507827.html

I remember that one of the main Zodiac suspects used to torture and kill small animals. It may be a stretch, but not crazy.

I doubt the outcome would have changed, even if the dad had gone looking for Jessica. They probably waited a few minutes and that would have been long enough for her to already be in a car and driven away. Without a witness, no one seeing the vehicle, it was already hopeless, IMO. LE would probably have come if called right away, but would have done a lot of foot searching first, knocked on doors, etc. meanwhile Jessica is already gone and could be anywhere.

In my opinion, that father is one of the ONLY people we can absolutely rule out. We know where he was when she went missing. He was with his young son, and driving him to school. It is the other several thousand men in town that we need to look at, imo.

I so agree!!!!!

Jessica Ridgeway: Killer’s ‘awareness space’ may lead to clues
boulderweekly.com

Excerpt: "A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

Defining the perpetrator’s awareness space is critical to solving Jessica’s case, because in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors."

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

I doubt the outcome would have changed, even if the dad had gone looking for Jessica. They probably waited a few minutes and that would have been long enough for her to already be in a car and driven away. Without a witness, no one seeing the vehicle, it was already hopeless, IMO. LE would probably have come if called right away, but would have done a lot of foot searching first, knocked on doors, etc. meanwhile Jessica is already gone and could be anywhere.

I agree, cluciano. I hope you understand I didn't bring this into discussion out of suspicion of anyone at all. I asked the questions because I think there might be a question about the path that Jessica took. I think it's important to know where she walked in order to know where she might have been taken from.

Regarding the rewind of the morning Jessica went missing: I'm paraphrasing here...what was the talk about JR's pillow and her possibly being seen at the rec center around 8:30 am?? Did they really find her pillow at the rec center?? And where is the rec center in comparison to the Chelsea Park area? If I have this messed up, please let me know because I've had this in the back of my mind and always dismiss it because I haven't really heard much about it.

Interesting. Here is a link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/william-joseph-riddick-ar_n_1507827.html

I remember that one of the main Zodiac suspects used to torture and kill small animals. It may be a stretch, but not crazy.

That would be the one. I remember Jeffery Dahmer did too so that's why that article caught my eye earlier today. It didn't take Dahmer long to esculate to bigger kills after that did it? He moved out of his parents house soon after his father questioned what he had in the box in his closet or something, a dead bird wasn't it? (long ago)

Regarding the rewind of the morning Jessica went missing: I'm paraphrasing here...what was the talk about JR's pillow and her possibly being seen at the rec center around 8:30 am?? Did they really find her pillow at the rec center?? And where is the rec center in comparison to the Chelsea Park area? If I have this messed up, please let me know because I've had this in the back of my mind and always dismiss it because I haven't really heard much about it.

Someone apparently reported seeing her from the rec center, walking south, and with the pillow pet. That is my understanding.

However, her pillow pet appears to have still been at home, so I believe this sighting was ruled out as inaccurate (perhaps remembering a different day).

JMO

I agree, cluciano. I hope you understand I didn't bring this into discussion out of suspicion of anyone at all. I asked the questions because I think there might be a question about the path that Jessica took. I think it's important to know where she walked in order to know where she might have been taken from.

(BBM) Oh not at all...I am still beyond confused about the scanner parts...and know I would have gone in search of the child. But since we don't know how it all went down, I guess we are probably missing a few pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal