CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't lie and pretend there aren't violent and graphic games--there are, just like there are violent and graphic movies. But as far as a game that rewards the player for proven real life evil deeds--no, the media would be all over that. But there are very general tools (chat rooms, mailing lists, forums like this one) that can be made private, and anyone could make up whatever "game" they wanted, like the game threads here. But to me that's different from an online game that is developed/marketed/sold as a game, it's just people abusing a generic online communication tool (again, such as forums, or chat rooms).

To me it's the difference between, say, two serial killers writing each other letters pre-Internet, vs Hasbro marketing a board game where the objective was to kill someone. If I'm even understanding what you're proposing. :)

Sorry for long-windedness.

I have obviously stepped on your toes, and I do apologize for that. As I stated in my original post on this topic, I have no knowledge about online games. I do not think any legitimate business would develop and sell a killing game. I did not even know there are, evidently, several different ways to play these online games. My original intention was to simply find out if it was possible for a person to have to do something in the real world and prove it to move up to a higher level in an online game. I did not know to include private chat rooms and forums as places for possible gaming. I do know that in the 1980s, when VHS players were new technology, there were videotapes that showed people actually dying in horrible ways. I cannot understand how there would be a market for that type of stuff. There was, and someone profited from meeting that market.

I'm not familiar with the MPN website. Whether it's MSM or not, is it considered reliable? Anyone have past experiences with their credibility? Halfway through the first sentence they got Jessica's age wrong. I'm sure an honest mistake but there is something called proof reading. I'd love for the info to be valid but am cautious to be optimistic.... they have a name, really?? I wonder why the tipster sent an email to that website of all avenues to send in a tip. Well at least MPN did some basic research to verify and passed the information right onto WPD. I so so so so hope this is it but really need to wait this out. Please let this be the last night this predator is on the loose!

I have obviously stepped on your toes, and I do apologize for that. As I stated in my original post on this topic, I have no knowledge about online games. I do not think any legitimate business would develop and sell a killing game. I did not even know there are, evidently, several different ways to play these online games. My original intention was to simply find out if it was possible for a person to have to do something in the real world and prove it to move up to a higher level in an online game. I did not know to include private chat rooms and forums as places for possible gaming. I do know that in the 1980s, when VHS players were new technology, there were videotapes that showed people actually dying in horrible ways. I cannot understand how there would be a market for that type of stuff. There was, and someone profited from meeting that market.

No, no toe stepping at all, and I would be more eloquent if I wasn't typing on a tablet. Sincerely trying to spell out the differences with real-world analogies.

I notice his connection to the man recently arrested for abducting the girl in Wyoming, Jesse Speer. Although that makes sense, since they are both photographers of western landscapes, open spaces, and abandoned buildings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yes .... and his girlfreind has Jessica's missing poster on her facebook ......

It's all my fault!!! Lol I really was surprised that someone could hold out for two years without posting. Guess I have lots to say!

No...not your fault at all. It was my error and I torture myself greatly :blushing: when I make such a simplistic error, lol. I really do pride myself on accuracy but lately I've done a couple of really dumb things on the board. Things I know better than to do, but somehow my brain is in overdrive (or underdrive, lol) and I've made some really stupid errors. My bad....
And TLCox: No worries!! I deserve the teasing!
And Thess: Thanks for the chocolate...maybe that will solve whatever is screwing me up!!
:great:

NC Analyzer....has anyone pointed out that you made a mistake? Gee...I wish you were perfect like the rest of us! :cool:

Shusshhhhhhh.....(I don't think anyone noticed)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Below is a documented and sourced by me timeline of sorts of all the attempted abductions within the last 18 months in this particular area of Colorado.

Excellent! Thank you for this! Is there any way I can save this post or archive it? Or can it be sticky-ed on the first page of Jessica's threads for easy access?

Excellent! Thank you for this! Is there any way I can save this post or archive it? Or can it be sticky-ed on the first page of Jessica's threads for easy access?

For now, bookmark this

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8495086"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17[/ame]

I remember wasn't it IMNV or something like that? The site has chat features & yes, I joined during the Zahra Baker case to see what evil step-mom & dad were doing there. I didn't get very far except picked out a skimpy black outfit, tried to decorate a room (boring) & never joined in chat with anyone. They were into the Goth/Vampire roll playing.

I remember that too. lmao. That was THE funniest forum (in the basement) I ever read... I'm goin' in .... you look like a hooch... rotflmao. The outfits were insane and who kept getting killed? I forgot. Y'all met some interesting folks. I just lurked and lmao.

New poster. Registered because I live in west metro Denver in the foothills. And have so on and off since 1974. My thoughts, for what it's worth.

1. I agree with MisterMayor, in his websleuths radio interview, that it is someone intimately familiar with the open space and trail linkage. Perhaps a mountain biker or jogger - a twenties-something person who grew up here. (Thank you websleuths radio for your interview with MisterMayor!) 82nd Ave (Leyton) and Pattridge Park are so lonely and windy. The wind can get so strong it sucks your lungs inside out. It's not a picnic area like a regular city park. It is just south of the old Rocky Flats military plutonium trigger factory. Leyton (82nd Ave) is curvy and narrow. Regular commuters take Coal Creek Canyon and Hwy 93. Model airplane people fly their planes at Pattridge Park. There is a trail on the opposite hill of where little Jessica was found at the culvert. The culvert has a huge pull-off shoulder on each side of the road. It is in between the two "real" parking areas where the hikers, mountain bikers and model-airplane people park. The barbed wire fence is easily crossable, as it is down on either side of the culvert and stretches about 4 feet above the culvert.

2. Jessica's house is such a short distance from Chelsea Park. The houses are shoe-horned in and the residents park against the sidewalk on the street. The cars just drip onto the sidewalk Jessica would've walked. The only way, IMHO, Jessica could've been forced into a car is if she walked by a car parked against the Chelsea Park sidewalk and the monster was like Ted Bundy and stood outside and shoved her in. But the way the houses are so close - that seems impossible unless there were two people. And that seems impossible. It's almost like Jessica was offered a ride by someone she knew, IMHO.

3. The Rock Creek subdivision where the backpack was found, and Nancy Grace's declaration (yet not reported in our Denver media) that her clothes were folded, is isolated and like Hotel California - you do not enter or exit easily unless you know how to.

4. The Rock Creek intersection of Alpha and Andrew, Jessica's house, and the lonely culvert on Leyton make an almost perfect isocles triangle - not sure if that means anything.

5. Jessica's house is next to JeffCo airport where people watch planes and helicopters take off - there were many people watching the slurry planes and helicopters during our summer fires.

6. The Aurora attempted abduction with a rag is just a couple of drunk opportunistic men, IMHO.

7. The Boulder-bolder jogger's neck-grabbing attempt of the young boy in May at Fenton Lake is real but it was a boy. But that brings up the trail connection. The jogger repeatedly did his loop on the trail like he was scouting.

8. Pattridge Park is in between Golden's School of Mines and CU Boulder. Hwy 93 connects them. However, based on experience, college kids park and make out on Lookout Mtn (Golden) and Chattaqua Park (Boulder). But it is stated that teens party in the old cement coal shacks on Leyton. College kids from Mines and CU Boulder should comment on this. My Mines former college student friend states he never heard of Pattridge Park and never noticed Leyton.

9. It is just a short drive up into the foothills where nothing would've ever been found. Whether that was not done because the monster did not have a regular car and he had to use a mountain bike, or because he wanted to make a statement, I cannot determine.

10. I think it is a local, healthy, young male who knows the open space and trails.

Wow! Astute observations. Is the radio interview online to listen to somewhere? I would love to listen to it... mine stop streaming during it and I missed the rest of it. It took me forever to find my way around WS, so kudos to you for finding the radio show from months ago before your first post! ;)

I remember that too. lmao. That was THE funniest forum (in the basement) I ever read... I'm goin' in .... you look like a hooch... rotflmao. The outfits were insane and who kept getting killed? I forgot. Y'all met some interesting folks. I just lurked and lmao.

I was also laughing hysterically. It helped us get through such a tragic and horrible case.

I am unsure how that would tie in with the leaving of the cross at one of the crime scenes, woe.be.gone. Two different religions?

Possible? Yes I suppose ritual sacrifice centered on the Mayan calendar is possible, but is it likely? I don't think so.

As always, the above is simply MOO

True and I stated the idea to be farfetched. Still, LE is looking to connect the cross to other like crosses if there are any and/or people who know someone who has or had one just like it. It's possible they've received a plethora of calls that don't point to the same person. It sounds as if LE may be trying to link the cross to a group or organization.

Just like stating the perp could be the postman, a doctor, a government worker, a teacher, a student, a real estate agent is only suggestion, the perp could be anyone at this point and possibly even an Indian Chief!

My thoughts surroundly Jessica's case have been darker than usual and, considering all the random abductions that have actually failed thank goodness, I'm wondering if a group of men are trying grab anyone they can for a reason other than one creep wanting to grab a girl/woman for himself so he can rape her.

If anything close to what I'm suggesting is true, it would be beyond shocking and I understand why people don't even want to entertain the idea.

I was also laughing hysterically. It helped us get through such a tragic and horrible case.

Ya'll were much braver than I. Then again, I left my online RP and adult chatroom mod days behind looong ago.

Totally off topic but didn't 1 of our members become trapped oon a swing and couldn't get off of it for days? Much needed comic relief, for sure, on our litle aussie gal's case.

You know, no one has mentioned restaurant worker, highly flexible hours. Can work opens or closes or mid shifts... plenty of time working non-regular hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa