CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad this murderer is put away. It's too late for Jessica, but his mother saved other potential victims.

Many think Ted Bundy killed his first victim when he was 14- an 8 year-old neighbor girl who disappeared.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ted-Ann-Mystery-Neighbor-ebook/dp/B006CADYZA"]Ted and Ann - The Mystery of a Missing Child and Her Neighbor Ted Bundy: Rebecca Morris: Amazon.com: Kindle Store@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qWtAPsf0L.@@AMEPARAM@@51qWtAPsf0L[/ame] (This book has more info).

Imagine if Bundy had been caught & put away as a teen? How many lives would have been saved?

I am heartbroken for Jessica's family. But I am relieved Sigg won't be spending his adult years of his life killing people since he will be in jail. Glad his mother had the strength to do the right thing.

Confesses to hog tying her then strangling her. Per Rita on NG.

I am more interested what is in his mind..that led him to this crime..
I said several threads back that I believed he kept some type of trophy..I did not want to state at that time that I believed it was JR's body parts(sick typing this).. But I did study the photo from the media chopper when Jessica was found..

Now I want to study his mind and background..There is something there and I can't put my finger on it.

So sorry to be off topic

No. He;s going to be tried as an adult. Bet on it. Which means everything will be out in the open.

Well, probably about as open as any case in Colorado. Which means gag orders, everything sealed, etc. But I agree he will be tried as an adult or there will be HUGE outrage.

Okay a was friend of the suspect said on NG, that he wore the same black pants a lot with chains on them.

Confessed to leaving the back pack where it was to purposely distract authorities.

On Nancy Grace, and yes I admit I'm watching, just don't tell anyone

Because of what he studied could he have gotten the formaldehyde from the college for his studies?

Sure but that is the benefit of hindsight.

At the time of the May attempt, LE was more likely to think car starter fluid (available at many convenience stores!) rather than formaldehyde, which is a bit more difficult to come by.

No. He;s going to be tried as an adult. Bet on it. Which means everything will be out in the open.

Good because NG has alluded to some "stuff"! Now I wanna know~!
Did he do that too??

Confessed to leaving the back pack where it was to purposely distract authorities.

On Nancy Grace, and yes I admit I'm watching, just don't tell anyone

Why are the details of his confession being broadcast on the Nancy Grace show, (or any show for that matter)?

I believe the dismemberment (if indeed this was done) implies an older perp.
It also implies an intelligent, organised killer.
I personally would place him at nearer 30 or 40.
I believe the placement and condition of her body was intentional and carries a meaning for the perp.
If that place is a teen hangout, it probably has been a teen hangout for decades.
This perp was either one of those past teenagers hanging out, or he was excluded from the group.
I would pick the latter.
So, to me - older, organised, intelligent, with some sort of resentment or grudge to the locals...the teenage group he was excluded from are now adults themselves, possibly prominent citizens of the town now.
Also, this guy lived in that town as a teenager. I will bet the house on this.
My opinion only as usual.

I got the older bit completely wrong but seriously who could forsee his age...?

One of my guesses was he was 16-23, probably in college, and living with someone because he was able to drive, the cross looked like something a young person would wear, and it looked like he was rushed in the disposal of the body.

The opinion was considered ridiculous and this is why I think all posts should be tolerated. I mean, none of us know the identity of the murderers before they're caught anyway, so every guess is just that -- a guess. It takes a minute or two to type a post, so when posts get shouted down or deleted because someone simply disagrees, it's a waste of time.

I am more interested what is in his mind..that led him to this crime..
I said several threads back that I believed he kept some type of trophy..I did not want to state at that time that I believed it was JR's body parts(sick typing this).. But I did study the photo from the media chopper when Jessica was found..

Now I want to study his mind and background..There is something there and I can't put my finger on it.

So sorry to be off topic

Oh no, Raine, you and me both. Like I said, there are always reasons...and just my personal approach to the universe is, I am always trying to find out the reasons.

Oh I have no idea what was missed by LE or anyone else.
I have no idea how LE would have
known this kid was the killer.
Without an eye witness, without
someone seeing him and Jessica getting into or out of a car
or going into or out of a home or dwelling...
there was no way to know that he
was the killer....esp without DNA in the database.

From what Ive gathered, LE had NO clue this kid was the
murderer until his mom called in.
I don't really know if that's going backwards is even important now.
What;s important IMO is that he's confessed and he supposedly knows
where the rest of the remains are.
imoo

JUst figured reverse engineering can help someone learn from there mistakes and become better at figuring things out.

Somewhere while reading articles/watching videos today earlier, I watched or read "after Mom got the call, she questioned Austin" or close to that. No link but I'm holding off until the dust settles. Not sure if LE called to question Austin & mom answered then she confronted him. jmo

It could have been the one channel 7 that was streaming live. fwiw

Very interested to learn more about this as for me it could be the exact info i referred to this afternoon that should such info come to light I could/would change my opinion that Sigg was NOT yet on LE radar..plz post if you happen upon where this particular info was stated..

TIa:)

toss out idea about the cross (not that it matters much), but given his fathers sentences, and I always felt that they were made in a prison - maybe his dad made them in prison and gave it to him or he wore it to feel close to him? Just an idea. It just looks home made and I agree it looks different than the one in the video but same concept (wooden).

I can't find any articles for some reason stating the strangulation, is it on the local MSM's?

Why are the details of his confession being broadcast on the Nancy Grace show, (or any show for that matter)?

I believe the news station kvdr? There locally has already been saying this.

I've been trying to catch up but my apologies if I missed something and this has already been discussed....

Remember that "false alarm" where a teenage male in a blue 4-door sedan approached a 13 year-old boy and the boy thought it was an attempted kidnapping, with the mother of the boy snapping a photo of the supposed kidnapper sitting in his car? I know LE ruled the teenager out as a suspect in the JR murder. But, given that we now know AS is a teenager....is there any chance he was the teenager in that blue 4-door sedan? Anyone have a name on that kid or clarification? TIA!!

Wrong kind of car though. AS has a Cherokee. I can't see how a 17 year old could have a vehicle that mom didn't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74