CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a remembering things wrong or is this the case where there are still searches extending into homes around the suspect's home? TIA

The police crime scene included the homes adjacent to Sigg's, but that was just to keep the reporters further away from the investigation. Those homes were not searched.

I thought it was his name that was a bit odd. Will have to look again.

I went to school with a Remey Martin!
A Crystal Marbel! and Merrie Christmas!

Some Parents think it humerous!

The police crime scene included the homes adjacent to Sigg's, but that was just to keep the reporters further away from the investigation. Those homes were not searched.

I thought I remembered reading that on here. Are you sure those other homes haven't been searched? Do you have a link? I can't find an MSM source for that info. xo

Just a little clarification on personality tests: The test(s) assume you are healthy mentally and are intended just to show what type of personality you are likely to have. Myers/Briggs is a well-known one.
To diagnose pathology, the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) is generally used by psychiatrists/psychologists. It is a lengthy test which shows any number of diagnoses listed in the DSM IV which is the diagnostic manual used by professionals.

I still recall years ago I took a long test but do not remember which it was. I do remember the very last question (this was in the eighties) was "I have answered all the questions truthfully and to the best of my knowledge" or something close to that. Well, being a perfectionist (unless typing on a nook at WS with typos) I flipped back to the beginning of the test to go back through all 400 or so questions. After gatting about 50% through the test, I was confident that I did not have changes, and turned it in.

Then :gasp: I awoke in the middle of the night to realize that I had never answered that last question.

To this day, I have always wanted to know what that meant! And how my employer interpreted it! Guess not to bad as I did make my way up the ladder for twenty years, lol!

Any psychogical folksout there who know?

How seriously did LE take the attack and attempted abduction on the jogger back in May? I'm pretty sure they didn't inform the public about it until after Jessica's abduction.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com

It was in paper 2 days later.

Also on news

Neighbors nervous after near kidnapping
Watch the story
May 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM
http://search.9news.com/default.aspx?ct=r&q=ketner+lake&r.STRDAT=5/26/2011,6/27/2012
WESTMINSTER - It was a brush with panic when a man grabbed a woman while she was jogging on Monday.

I still recall years ago I took a long test but do not remember which it was. I do remember the very last question (this was in the eighties) was "I have answered all the questions truthfully and to the best of my knowledge" or something close to that. Well, being a perfectionist (unless typing on a nook at WS with typos) I flipped back to the beginning of the test to go back through all 400 or so questions. After gatting about 50% through the test, I was confident that I did not have changes, and turned it in.

Then :gasp: I awoke in the middle of the night to realize that I had never answered that last question.

To this day, I have always wanted to know what that meant! And how my employer interpreted it! Guess not to bad as I did make my way up the ladder for twenty years, lol!

I don't know what it means, but. ....... :floorlaugh:

You probably took the MMPI. It has + or - about 400 questions. There is no weighted amount for the last question. Don't fret.

Same here...but my "Kaspersky Internet Security"...(thanks Geek Squad)..stopped it from opening...We need to remember that this is an open forum and anyone can imbed anything to a posted link!

After reading to catch up...I can not believe we are discussing another DWT...just wondering if the color has been concretely identified...

So I guess it is DGJ (D@mm Grey/Gold Jeep!)...

Dear God..Please Bless the Soul of Jessica and May She Run the Golden Streets with Caylee and ALL the Others Taken Too Soon!

R. I. P. Jessica!

Our fellow Websleuth member Sooner Fan#1 is up in heaven as of last week holding all of their hands. RIP Sooner. We miss ya.

Our fellow Websleuth member Sooner Fan#1 is up in heaven as of last week holding all of their hands. RIP Sooner. We miss ya.

Oh gawd No. Thank You for letting me know. She was feeling so well and doing well since last Hospital stay :rose: God Bless her.

I don't know; the German word for monster is monster. The closest I've come (accounting for bad spelling) is du hast vati. Literally it would be you have dad/daddy/father, so my translation would be your daddy.

from the song it was linked to the song means "you have me, til death do us part".
It's a love song - wedding vows, etc.
but it's DU Hast, not DO, so he spelled it wrong.

I think it's a "typo". His correct name has appeared in at least one article and has not been deleted. He also had not 'seen' Austin Sigg in about a year.

did his parents have a sense of humor?

Oh gawd No. Thank You for letting me know. She was feeling so well and doing well since last Hospital stay :rose: God Bless her.

Yeah, another stroke and well, posting four days before she passed. There is a thread in the jury room downstairs (for those that need directions, click on the main link above for websleuths> etc you see up above) as her hubby...Uncle Sooner is viewing from us and more info there. She was a friend to many on many theads.

In my opinion, and according to the book, Too Much of a Good Thing, by Dan Kindlon, passive permissive parenting is the kind that yields individuals who participate in the greatest at risk behaviors. There is other research on this as well, and from experience, I believe it.

for sure. kids feel very insecure if they have no set boundaries and will push as hard as it takes to feel some resistance by authority. for permissive parents, this often means the kids have to go way too far to get any sense of external boundary setting.

I just saw that Tricias radio show tomorrow night willbe highlighting this case. For those that are new, Tricia is part of WS management at WS and you can listen online every Sunday night at 8 eastern. You can also sign up and do live chat during the program ( lol, suggest signing up before as takes time to go though getting it set up for some of us! )

In my opinion, and according to the book, Too Much of a Good Thing, by Dan Kindlon, passive permissive parenting is the kind that yields individuals who participate in the greatest at risk behaviors. There is other research on this as well, and from experience, I believe it.

for sure. kids feel very insecure if they have no set boundaries and will push as hard as it takes to feel some resistance by authority. for permissive parents, this often means the kids have to go way too far to get any sense of external boundary setting.

It's so interesting. I know her parents just loved her and wanted her to feel loved, but she also seemed to be almost angry that she couldn't get that kind of attention from friends, classmates and dates.

I got the definite impression that she felt that someone was slighting her if they didn't tell her how wonderful she was several times a day. As her friend, it was exhausting and got tiresome after years and years.

She was really so without a conscience, btw, that I could see her killing someone, except that it's usually messy. I wondered if all her husbands would end up dead. If she had been into gore as a teen and thought the act of killing someone might be fun, it would have been a very, very dangerous situation, imho. Fortunately her goals mainly consisted of shopping!

Many things are possible, but at this time it appears that Austin Sigg is the one and only suspect in both the attempted abduction in Ketner Park, where the witness stated that there was only one person that attacked her, and in the abduction and murder of Jessica. Without any information or evidence to suggest that 2,3 or 4 people were involved, I think it's safe to assume that Austin acted alone.

I think he was a loner as well.

Reports from his peers seem to indicate that he did not have many friends his own age and that he preferred the company of younger girls.

That's not exactly the sort of thing I'd expect to hear said about someone who had an accomplice. I think it would be more like Klebold and Harris: identified as best friends, spending lots of time together, etc.

Most teens who become accomplice perps, it seems to take time to build that sort of bond.

It's so interesting. I know her parents just loved her and wanted her to feel loved, but she also seemed to be almost angry that she couldn't get that kind of attention from friends, classmates and dates.

I got the definite impression that she felt that someone was slighting her if they didn't tell her how wonderful she was several times a day. As her friend, it was exhausting and got tiresome after years and years.

She was really so without a conscience, btw, that I could see her killing someone, except that it's usually messy. I wondered if all her husbands would end up dead. If she had been into gore as a teen and thought the act of killing someone might be fun, it would have been a very, very dangerous situation, imho. Fortunately her goals mainly consisted of shopping!

some people believe they are being good parents even when they are engaging in damaging behavior. culturally acceptable parenting of infants in the US often falls on the side of neglect, emotionally. there must be some inherent need that's unfulfilled which can occur before, at or soon after birth. those first 6-12 months can create a sense of unfulfilled need if the infant is emotionally neglected, in their mind, depending on their temperament. then the parents are dealing with the child who has this intense need for the rest of their years, and end up spoiling her to try to fill that need, but it really only feeds the demanding behavior.

I was watching ID the other day where a guy kidnapped a young girl, right in front of her sister, just half a block from her house, and with neighbors watching. It was a reenactment of course, but it literally took only 5 seconds. The man actually grabbed the girl as she was rollerblading past his truck. He waited until she was right in front of the door, swung it open, stepped out and grabbed her and stuffed her in the truck and sped off. FIVE seconds. Her sister was watching the whole thing, and the older half-sister who was inside, ran out when the other sister screamed, and saw the truck driving away. She started yelling, "He took her!" Two men were just down the street talking, one sitting in a vehicle and the other standing to the side. The man who was standing jumped into his vehicle and tried to follow the perp's truck but the perp managed to lose him eventually.
Four eyewitnesses. Five seconds. The guy managed to evade police for quite a while before they caught up with him. He had borrowed the truck he used to kidnap the little girl, from his boss at a construction site. He cleaned and vacuumed the truck, but LE found one long blonde hair that matched the victim's under the seat.
It can happen so fast!! And people watching from a block away might not even realize what is happening.

It can happen so fast. I know I had no idea how fast something like that could happen until I saw a police demo back in the early 1980s.

Also, when people think of a moderate busy setting, such as Jessica's neighbourhood, I think they tend to think in terms of an even dispersal of people throughout the time given. But people don't actually act like that. Even in really busy settings, there's clumps of people and then quiet periods where there isn't anyone.

People who have worked retail can often recall this pattern. The store is empty, empty empty and then suddenly everyone and their cousin steps in. It's busy for awhile and then it can empty out again.

I think it only took a minute at most for Jessica to go from her normal morning to gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419