CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a science guy, Sigg probably soaked the rag in ether to knock the victim unconscious...If I'm LE, I'd be looking for ether viles, bottles....

IIRC, AS's award-winning forensics project involved placing skinned animals in different environments and observing decomposition processes. Small animals are usually euthanized in a science lab using ether. AS would have had access to ether in order to do this. Also, super creepy to think about but he may also have wanted to/enjoyed killing the animals.

Narcissism, in lay terms, basically means that a person is totally absorbed in self. The extreme narcissist is the center of his own universe.

The protective insulation barrier he/she constructs is called a false persona. He/she creates a false identity. This identity is not the true person inside. The many types of false personas or identities that an extreme narcissist creates can vary.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

IIRC, AS's award-winning forensics project involved placing skinned animals in different environments and observing decomposition processes. Small animals are usually euthanized in a science lab using ether. AS would have had access to ether in order to do this. Also, super creepy to think about but he may also have wanted to/enjoyed killing the animals.

:curses: :furious: :curses:

It makes me so mad and sick to think of this. I guess it is a sticking point for me because of working with animals. <:3_)~

Not sure about the kind of lab he was using, but I've never used ether in a sacrifice. :waitasec: But maybe it is different if the science is less about the animals while they are alive (behavior, physiology is what I have studied) and more about post-mortem stuff?

Understood, however there is a very likely chance that a close member of his family was tied to an address in Aurora, 2 miles from the attempt there on the 16th.. thats all. I don't know that he ever made his residence there, but if a family member lived there it stands to reason he would be familiar with the area, and many criminals strike within their comfort zones.
Very quickly after AS was arrested it was discovered that there is another young man with the same name in that area. I don't remember if he was from Aurora but I do remember he was a football player. The address in Aurora could easily be his rather than that of the perp's.

You'd have to look back to the thread and messages immediately following the arrest - though since those messages were sleuthing of an unrelated person, they may have been removed by a moderator.

<snipped for space> I swear, I can't wait to move.

I've been trying for about 20 minutes to figure out how to word this without it sounding "snarky" and I'm having a tough time, but please know this is an honest and sincere question. NO snark intended. I hate how hard it can be to show emotion online sometimes.

Where did you find to move to that has no crime?

I've lived in a number of different places, most of which would've been considered "but nothing ever happens here!" neighborhoods especially when I was a kid, and now that I'm older and reading this stuff those neighborhoods scare me more than the ones that are at least known to be bad. Of course there's a huge range in between.

Where I live now I'd say is on the safer side (IMO) of "in between" but certainly not crime-free. Some who think they live in a "safe" neighborhood probably think mine is dangerous comparatively speaking, I don't know. We don't have gates, but I certainly don't feel threatened most of the time. For those who've read my prior posts we have a surveillance camera set-up at our house so obviously we don't feel totally secure, but it's almost 100% property crime as far as I know, some semi-subtle drug deals, no abductions or violent assaults that I know of. I don't have kids, but people move to this neighborhood because of the schools being considered good. There are some nice parks nearby, a weekly "bible story group" for kids nearby (note to mods: I'm not bringing this up to discuss religion! just describing), good schools, great people IMO... nice neighbors. I haven't looked recently but there were probably roughly 20 RSOs within 5 miles of here, though.

Meanwhile my younger half-sister grew up in a gated community and the only area I've EVER seen on the RSO lookup that didn't have at least a few offenders nearby. I thought the site was broken/down, there were none. and she was nearly abducted at least once that I know of, very close to her house, and within the locked gates. That was only the one that scared her enough that she reported it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more. Some of the people who lived there really creeped me out, honestly.

Sorry, long drawn out way of asking again, where are you moving that's crime-free? 'cause I wanna come too and bring all my family and friends. ;) If you don't mind...

ETA: eek apparently it's closer to 20 RSOs within 2 miles... yuck. Seems like most of them live in that one apartment complex that we all know to stay the h*** away from. I have yet to look up somewhere that didn't have any at all listed, though.

Narcissism, in lay terms, basically means that a person is totally absorbed in self. The extreme narcissist is the center of his own universe.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652

Narcissistic personality disorder

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

I've been trying for about 20 minutes to figure out how to word this without it sounding "snarky" and I'm having a tough time, but please know this is an honest and sincere question. NO snark intended. I hate how hard it can be to show emotion online sometimes.

I've lived in a number of different places, most of which would've been considered "but nothing ever happens here!" neighborhoods especially when I was a kid, and now that I'm older and reading this stuff those neighborhoods scare me more than the ones that are at least known to be bad. Of course there's a huge range in between.

Where I live now I'd say is on the safer side (IMO) of "in between" but certainly not crime-free. Some who think they live in a "safe" neighborhood probably think mine is dangerous comparatively speaking, I don't know. We don't have gates, but I certainly don't feel threatened most of the time. For those who've read my prior posts we have a surveillance camera set-up at our house so obviously we don't feel totally secure, but it's almost 100% property crime as far as I know, some semi-subtle drug deals, no abductions or violent assaults that I know of. I don't have kids, but people move to this neighborhood because of the schools being considered good. There are some nice parks nearby, a weekly "bible story group" for kids nearby (note to mods: I'm not bringing this up to discuss religion! just describing), good schools, great people IMO... nice neighbors. I haven't looked recently but there were probably roughly 20 RSOs within 5 miles of here, though.

Meanwhile my younger half-sister grew up in a gated community and the only area I've EVER seen on the RSO lookup that didn't have at least a few offenders nearby. I thought the site was broken/down, there were none. and she was nearly abducted at least once that I know of, very close to her house, and within the locked gates. That was only the one that scared her enough that she reported it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more. Some of the people who lived there really creeped me out, honestly.

Sorry, long drawn out way of asking again, where are you moving that's crime-free? 'cause I wanna come too and bring all my family and friends. ;) If you don't mind...

Crime isn't the issue here. I prefer big cities, I'm in a small suburban town right now and I physically cannot stand it. It's meth head galore around here. I rather be back home in either NYC or Chicago. I never mentioned anything about moving away from crime or avoiding crime or being fearful of crime. No idea where you got that from.

Okay, so I'm not too clear on it (anyone care to chime in), why would he have to skin an animal to see the decomposition rates? I guess I never understood that part. Not that it really matters, I just find it kind of odd.

Crime isn't the issue here. I prefer big cities, I'm in a small suburban town right now and I physically cannot stand it. It's meth head galore around here. I rather be back home in either NYC or Chicago. I never mentioned anything about moving away from crime or avoiding crime or being fearful of crime. No idea where you got that from.

Ahh gotcha. Thank you. I'm sorry, since you/we were talking about an abduction and prison escapees shortly before that I assumed that you were talking about criminal activity, but I was incorrect. Sorry I assumed. :)

Some common traits that tend to show extreme narcissism can be incessant talk about self, exaggerating personal accomplishments, diminished or lack of empathy and sensitivity of others, public displays of grandiosity as in the case of social network media constantly displaying body, muscles, sex appeal, constantly talking about &#8220;self.&#8221;

Another form of narcissism is victimization. If narcissism were a coin, one side would be grandiosity, while the other side is victimization. With victimization, a narcissist will insist that you do not know how hard he or she has it in life. This narcissist shames you for not taking care of them or taking up their cause. A person can be a totally victimized narcissist about one side of a position or argument as well as the opposite. A skilled narcissist uses &#8220;suffering&#8221; as a device to get attention. Most persons fall for their trap because they have been made to feel insensitive and uncaring otherwise.

A good description of ARS? Perhaps...time will tell. I know I've certainly encountered them and they are maddening creatures.

Are there any pictures of the pool by the house taken recently? I am wondering if the pool was covered, he could have dismembered her in the empty pool, under cover? EW. Sorry, that was hard to type.

R.I.P. Jessica

Ahh gotcha. Thank you. I'm sorry, since you/we were talking about an abduction and prison escapees shortly before that I assumed that you were talking about criminal activity, but I was incorrect. Sorry I assumed. :)

No problem. ;) I didn't word it well, I was just rambling.

ETA: eek apparently it's closer to 20 RSOs within 2 miles... yuck. Seems like most of them live in that one apartment complex that we all know to stay the h*** away from. I have yet to look up somewhere that didn't have any at all listed, though.

Sorry if I am butting in, but there is no community immune to the silent epidemic. Back in April of 2011, after attending a missing/murdered person conference in March. I was watching the news and saw 'breaking news; coed abduction Darden, TN'. The MS Media reporter was interviewing the local Sheriff and he said, "crimes like this doesn't happen in sleepy little communities like Darden, TN'..

I almost fell out of my easy chair....This was the Holly Bobo abduction over 18 months ago which has grown cold due to the antiquated strategy of silence which lulls folks into a false sense of security....

Abductions can happen anywhere at anytime in the USA.. This is why transparency, and community awareness is paramount for effective Public Safety... Without Public Safety for our family, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing...

Okay, so I'm not too clear on it (anyone care to chime in), why would he have to skin an animal to see the decomposition rates? I guess I never understood that part. Not that it really matters, I just find it kind of odd.
Not sure he would HAVE to, but having skin COULD cause something to more mummify, rather than decompose and also slows the process down. Skinned means almost guaranteed decomp quicker. (Learned from working with apples for grade school science)

Not sure he would HAVE to, but having skin COULD cause something to more mummify, rather than decompose and also slows the process down. Skinned means almost guaranteed decomp quicker. (Learned from working with apples for grade school science)

Thank you. I was wondering if there would be cause for it or if the media just "said" it for sensationalism.

Sorry if I am butting in, but there is no community immune to the silent epidemic. Back in April of 2011, after attending a missing/murdered person conference in March. I was watching the news and saw 'breaking news; coed abduction Darden, TN'. The MS Media reporter was interviewing the local Sheriff and he said, "crimes like this doesn't happen in sleepy little communities like Darden, TN'..

I almost fell out of my easy chair....This was the Holly Bobo abduction over 18 months ago which has grown cold due to the antiquated strategy of silence which lulls folks into a false sense of security....

Abductions can happen anywhere at anytime in the USA.. This is why transparency, and community awareness is paramount for effective Public Safety... Without Public Safety for our family, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing...

You're not butting in at all, and thanks for the post! I agree, it's so scary how often "but that just doesn't happen here" delays searches for missing people, IMO.

This story haunts me, I have children, a 17 yr. old son & a 13 yr.old daughter, the key ages in 2 high profile recent cases- Jessica Ridgeway & Autumn Pasquale- I can't imagine either of my kids involved in any way in a story like this (but I'm sure their parents never imagined it either). I have no doubt that my son would never do anything like this, he loves his pets, is protective of his sister, is a very thoughtful person-but what is the small turning point for a child, that their parent could never imagine them doing something like this, when they have already turned the corner?

thistle, I would agree, but with the therapy for ARS for *advertiser censored* addiction at the age 15 is more than very revealing, imo. The obvious signs were there, but ignored/denial, imo.

thistle, I would agree, but with the therapy for ARS for *advertiser censored* addiction at the age 15 is more than very revealing, imo. The obvious signs were there, but ignored/denial, imo.
So, if he actually did have therapy for a *advertiser censored* addiction (sorry, missed that link), how was the problem ignored or denied?

Thank you and no worries here. The one brat (yes I said it) that picked on my son, I had E (my kid) send him a birthday card with well wishes and hopes that despite their differences that one day they can be friends. Kill it with kindness is what we tell kids. I try and let them handle their business unless it starts to interfere with school work, sleep or personal things and that's when mommy steps in. Chicago and NYC were so much different, and in a much better way. Where we are now (for my schooling) is just pathetic.

I know so many parents that tried to push me to homeschool and I don't get that. You have to prepare your kids for the inevitable, which is life and all its unfairness. Otherwise, how else will they learn how to work in groups and speak to a ton of people who rather pick their noses (which is the corporate world at large)? I have met many home-schooled people in my college life and man o' man are they either a) out of line with little to now social graces or b) higher than Charlie Sheen by 8am to cope with it all. One guy during a speech a few weeks ago (who was home-schooled his entire life) fainted in a group presentation. He confessed it's because he's never had to do anything like it and it was beyond frightening not to have his mom there. :waitasec: . I know it takes all kinds but I've yet to see the type that doesn't go hog wild or freak out their first few years away. The kids that were bullied tend to be the guys who are "mysterious" and quiet; basically the hot ones in bio or chem that know all the answers and aren't rude. Blanket statements about in this off topic update!

Carry on..

Ummmm.... nice. I homeschool. 6 kids. The 2 oldest are adults. No drugs (ever!) & everyone tells me how awesome they are & what a GREAT job I did.. I guess behind our backs they must be whispering about what freaks they really are???

Believe it or not, there are people from all walks of life here....

(oh, and I went to school & public speaking is probably the WORST thing that can ever happen to me. I've always been horribly shy & it never got better.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard