CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed some stuff the past hour or so.

Anyway, I saw a post on my facebook today that it has been a month since Jessica went missing. Quite a month it has been.

I am in Colorado but too remote to get the Denver news on tv. Have any of you wonderful locals heard any information about the hearing this morning? I am also guessing it was about the reverse transfer as the timing is right for that.

I am in Colorado but too remote to get the Denver news on tv. Have any of you wonderful locals heard any information about the hearing this morning? I am also guessing it was about the reverse transfer as the timing is right for that.

He isn't due back in court until the 27th. His attorney had a deadline for filing on the issue of his juvenile status but no court until the end of the month.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=296904

He isn't due back in court until the 27th. His attorney had a deadline for filing on the issue of his juvenile status but no court until the end of the month.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=296904

Thanks. I guess we don't know what that hearing was about this morning. I did know the defense had 7 days to file a request for reverse transfer so I just thought that was what it was.

Thanks. I guess we don't know what that hearing was about this morning. I did know the defense had 7 days to file a request for reverse transfer so I just thought that was what it was.

I don't see anything about a hearing today, and the 27th has always been the next appearance, so it may have just been a perfunctory file or motion date for the defense.

Wild Guess: Maybe it was a psychological assessment request hearing ... maybe the defense wants tests done in order to demonstrate that Austin really didn't know the difference between right and wrong, and therefore he should be charged and sentenced as a child.

Wild Guess: Maybe it was a psychological assessment request hearing ... maybe the defense wants tests done in order to demonstrate that Austin really didn't know the difference between right and wrong, and therefore he should be charged and sentenced as a child.

Good thinking. We do know his case was in the court docket at 11am today. It makes sense that psychologist testing would be needed before the reverse transfer decision.

Boy do I hope you're wrong. :( I was thinking along those lines too though. With the gag order in place they're not going to release very many details, as far as I know. I'm impressed with those who found anything at all listed! ETA: I actually don't hope you're wrong, I realized I wasn't very clear in my reply. I figured this would be one of the necessary legal steps, but I sure hope they're not even considering charging him as a child.

Related to the prior discussion/speculation that maybe he's got some sort of autism spectrum disorder going on... IMO he'd still know right from wrong. If anything I think he'd be over-sensitive to it, maybe knowing it was wrong, and being mad at himself for doing it anyway, but I think he'd know it was wrong. All MOO, and all speculation based on my time spent working with autistic children.

2ef6ag8.jpg

Austin Sigg's home in search area for Ketner Lake assault suspect on Memorial Day in Westminster

Police blocks from Sigg home after lake attack

<snip> "At 1:27 p.m., officers were directed to meet the victim at the pedestrian crossing light off Countryside Drive near Moore Street."

<snip> "Party was last seen southbound on the path at Ketner Reservoir from the traffic light on Countryside (Drive). (He's) described as a while male, brown hair, mid-twenties, wearing a blue baseball hat, sunglasses, blue jeans," said the dispatcher." <snip>

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ssault-suspect-on-memorial-day-in-westminster

After you have watched a mental illness, a drug or alcohol addiction, first hand, it can be any one of you guys opinions. ty

If it was mental, it could be that maybe mom & bro, especially, don't know if dad knew or not, sat in fear for the past few years at least when AS started acting weird, possibly having to deal with the juvie system here and there, police too? It's horrible to witness a family trying to cope and help that person daily. Denial and all the rest enter their minds. It wears them down terribly. If it's that, I feel for them. I pray mom & son get plenty of help. No matter what, I feel for them. I think they have been scared. jmo

Despite prosecution of the teenager as an adult, public defender Mitch Ahnstedt told Jefferson County District Court Judge Stephen Munsinger that he will ask that the case be sent back to juvenile court, a request allowed under Colorado law.

The judge gave Ahnstedt seven days to request a hearing on that issue.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ual-assault-ridgeway-home-first-degree-murder

Article dated 30 OCT.

My guess is that it was his lawyer asking the court to consider to send the case back to juv.

I don't see that happening. JMHO

I read a news article today that said the BTK's brother felt for mom (Sigg's mom) as he too had to turn his brother in for murder after reading BTK's papers. I can't find it anywhere now. It was heartfelt and really told how a person feels turning in their own child or family member. Take it as rumor unless found...

:seeya: Kat!

sorry for the o/t. That's a big wave btw, not see ya later....fyi

I think the defense will go ahead and do that anyway without requesting a hearing. If they found that he suffered from a mental illness that could be used as a defense then I think that's when they would request a hearing. JMHO otto.

I read a book (I think a year or so ago? I know it was while my Husband was deployed and that's what I usually do in the evenings when he's gone---read read read).

I had to go downstairs and look in our book threads because I knew I had posted about it.

It's called: The Measure of Madness: Inside the Disturbed and Disturbing Criminal Mind by Cheryl Paradis

For members that want to read a brief review I made:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6877090#post6877090"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The woman who wrote this book is definately biased towards defense but her facts are accurate and she does give a step by step outline of how criminals are eval'ed prior to trial.

Good book if you keep in mind that she has worked extensively for defense teams. Just sharing.

My friend that is a neighbor of the Ridgeways brought over coffee and treats and a homemade card for them today. She said their porch was covered in purple flowers. :(

I have wondered who was his male role model.
I do not wish to sleuth mom's boyfriends or grandfathers.
But did AS have a 'good' male role model or like his father,
just bad ones????
Dad was in trouble with the law and domestic abuse, that is why I say he was a bad role model. JMOO

Ew... I didn't even want to let my mind go there, but what if he had no in person male role model? It's possible IMO. IIRC at least one article talked about him being pretty fascinated with Ted Bundy. Was he a possible "role model?"

I know some might think I'm contradicting myself since earlier I was saying I don't believe AS was involved in a ton of crimes, but I definitely think he might've been involved in some of them beyond just what he's been charged with. And of course, if he's looking to someone like say Ted Bundy as a role model, yikes.

ALL SPECULATION and JMO.

My friend that is a neighbor of the Ridgeways brought over coffee and treats and a homemade card for them today. She said their porch was covered in purple flowers. :(

That's so sad :( , but I'm so glad to hear they're still getting so much community support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74