CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not my place because I'm Canadian but hope you all sign petitions to have free school buses for children! I can't believe parents have to pay for school buses. I realize it may not stop abductions but every little bit counts to keep our children safe. :please:

Ok..so i see Amsters post about the friend..so, the friend is actually the friend we heard early on about that jess called that morning to make sure they were walking to school as well?

If thats the case then the friend is not the witness that saw Jes walking to school..according to the friends parent Jess did not show up to meet so the friend never saw jess that morning..

That clears up the friend issue as there was no friend that left the home and was with jess that morning..so the friend is not a witness..

Therefor do we actually have a witness that saw Jess that morning after she left out of the home enroute to the park a mere 450yd from the home?

Have just caught up...again......but one thing is certain, it is absolutely vital that it is confirmed that the friend walked from the house with Jessica!!! Because straight away if that is the fact, then we know something didnt happen at home and it is confirmed that she was alive when she left the house...

This is weird as if this is true and she left with a friend, then by now the friend should have said why they parted.

So where did that phrase come from, where Mom saw the friend leave with Jessica? I mean, that is horribly wrong, if it is incorrect.

This case is just heart wrenching....a darling girl walking innocently to school... and then?
It is strange that "the friend" wasn't mentioned earlier, but here is what I think, (IMO), may have happened.
The friend came over and the girls did indeed walk out the front door and leave together - but they either got in a tiff or her friend ran ahead to get to school early and/or saw someone ahead of them that she caught up with leaving Jessica to walk on her own/assuming she would make it to school "fine", just like any other day. Girls in grade 5 are often very flighty and moody - maybe the friend didn't want to walk as slowly as Jessica or stop at the park (etc) and went on ahead- this could explain why LE said they had a witness that Jessica was known "to be on her way to school". The poor friend is probably traumatized :( Being ahead of Jessica, she would not have witnessed what happened, and if they weren't in the same class may not have even been aware that her friend was missing.
I remember reading earlier that Jessica called a friend from a blocked # at around 7:30 a.m. to see if another friend she usually met up with at the park was walking ,but he was getting a drive that day - maybe the girl she left the house with just assumed Jessica still had someone to walk with... ?
In any case my thoughts and prayers are with Jessica's family and friends...praying for a safe return.

My thoughts exactly....well done

Watched the video of the family.... Dad has huge tears streaming down his face. Mom does also - at one point. I am going to go sit on my hands and be quiet for a while. Oh, the horrible things we see, and the things we learn here at WS's. God bless all of the children, and victims everywhere. Bless Jessica Ridgeway.

Full video:
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

BBM

Amen to that. I know I've become more cynical since joining WS, I look at things a little more critically than I used to. And that isn't altogether negative, IMO.

Ok, so was the KDVR msm info incorrectly transcribed? I saw your post but don't recall seeing a link? Or maybe I didn't know if it was a direct quote? Sorry, I am kind of confused here still.....

Can we have a transcription from someone who can hear the video? I have no working computer speakers so rely on what I see in writing here. What exactly did the mom say about when Jessica left her home for school Friday morning?

tia!

“It was like any other morning,” Sarah said, breaking down in tears. “I watched her walk out the door. A friend said she was walking too. That was the last time I saw her.
“I want her to walk back through that door. I need her to walk back through that door.”

No where does the mom say the friend was at the house.

The whole "walking out the door with her friend" thing is an example of misleading reporting, in my humble opinion.

I just watched the raw footage at:

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

What Jessica's mother actually said was:

"...goes up and gets dressed, comes down and, you know, we peel oranges for her snack at school, she fills up her water bottle. She does everything on her own because she wants to make herself look like a grown up, she wants to be a teenager before she's a teenager.

"And so, you know, she gets ready and gets dressed and she gets on her coats and I make sure that, you know, she's going to meet her friend cause it is snowing and, you know, she makes, she, her friend says 'yes I am walking too' and I watch her walk out the door and I shut the door. And that's the last time I saw her <crying> I want her to come walking back through that door."

I don't think there is anything there that contradicts earlier information.

In the raw footage, it seems to me that her mother is saying that she asked if Jessica's friend was going to be walking as usual, since it is snowing. Jessica makes sure her friend is walking; this corresponds with the report that Jessica called the friend's parent that morning to make sure the friend was walking. The friend did not come to Jessica's house and Jessica's mother did not say that.

The earliest reports said that Jessica's mother watched her from the doorway; various WS'ers who were looking at maps and trying out Google street view tried to figure out how far Jessica's mother could have seen her walk and those WS'ers said their starting point on Google Street View was the end of the driveway. Jessica's mother was never reported in msm to have said she (Jessica's mother) went to the end of the drive.

sorry I posted before I read the above......did mum actually say that she saw her leave the house with her friend???? can anyone confirm this is what she said......if she did why would she say that.....

You know, I didn't get, from the mom's interview, that she actually saw the friend with Jessica that morning. I should have typed what I heard her say because now I'm too busy - but I got the impression that it was something the kids set up, about walking together, the child had told the mom previously that she was walking, too. I didn't listen to the whole interview yet, so maybe she said it later on in a firmer way?

I just want to say for the record, I do not think the family is in any way involved in Jessica's disappearance. I watched the press conference and I saw a grief-stricken family, living through an absolute nightmare. I am not seeing any discrepancies in their statements, just sloppy reporting. I think they are being truthful and have no spidey senses tingling, no hinky meters rising, nothing at all to indicate otherwise.

Jessica Ridgeway’s mother talking about the morning her daughter went missing:
“It was any other morning. Her alarm goes off at 7:45. She wanted her alarm clock so she could get up on her own. She comes down, she watches T.V., she eats her granola bar, she goes up and gets dressed, we peel oranges for her snack. She does everything on her own – she wants to be a teenager before she’s a teenager.
“I watch her walk out the door with her friend, who said she was walking too. That was the last time I saw her. I want her to walk back through that door. I need her to walk back through that door.”

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog-search-continues-for-jessica-ridgeway/

BBM.

Ok, wait a minute. Did Jessica leave her house with another friend? Is anyone else reading this like I am, that her mom watched her walk out the door with a friend who said she was also walking?

What is up with this? Either she was walking alone or left with a friend, which is it? :waitasec::what:

Cubby, pick Door Number Three: misleading reporting from the media.

Of course the media would never make such a mistake... more than about 19 times per article, anyway.

jessica-family-22.jpg
press conference,This is a photo from the public statement Jessica Ridgeway&#8217;s family is currently making at the Westminster Police Department. Ridgeway&#8217;s father is wearing orange in the front row on the far left and her mother is wearing purple with black pants and a white undershirt (second from right, front).

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog-search-continues-for-jessica-ridgeway/

ack I have done it again...posted while someone was in fact answering my question....yep it seems like bad reporting.....wow not good at all, changing the wording like that on such a vital thing as a potential witness.....

Ok so back to mum being last one to see her.

I am going to attempt to make sense of Jessica's exit out the house.

1, Jess/mom confirms via E-Mail/Text/Phone that J is walking to school.
2, Jess leaves house and mom closes door.
3, Jess walks toward park but doesn't meet up with J. (I take it she was to meet J at the park. Not walk with him from home)

That is what I get when sifting through the bad reporting.

sorry I posted before I read the above......did mum actually say that she saw her leave the house with her friend???? can anyone confirm this is what she said......if she did why would she say that.....

IMO, very vague. Hard to tell if she did on that day. To me, it sounded like she generalized about what Jessica did on most days. She just recently got an alarm clock. The alarm clock is set at 7:45. Jessica eats a granola bar and then gets ready for school. Mom and Jessica peel oranges and put water bottle in her lunch bag.

Again, IMO, in reading between the lines, Jessica wanted to act grown up and do things on her own. Mom probably let her be independent and imo, on this day, Jessica was on her own.

:moo:

"We are a strong family and we will get through this. We will find her and make sure she is well taken care of, just like she has always been."
Hmmmm.....

Shef not like interview language.

WESTMINSTER, Colo. &#8212; Describing her as a 10-year-old who &#8220;can&#8217;t wait to be a teenager,&#8221; Sarah Ridgeway talked about her daughter Jessica Ridgeway &#8212; and the last morning she saw her.
Surrounded by members of her extended family and speaking publicly for the first time since Jessica went missing four days earlier, Sarah was mostly composed.
Sarah described the alarm clock Jessica begged her to buy going off at 7:45 a.m. &#8212; &#8220;she wanted to be able to get up on her own,&#8221; Sarah said. The worried mother described seeing her daughter coming down the stars, watching T.V., eating a granola bar, getting dressed, peeling an orange for a snack later that day and walking out the front door.

snipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22