CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it abhorrent that people find it so easy to rely on a 2 minute clip of the Mom and their own horribly subjective "hinky meters" to come to a conclusion if the Mom's involvement. I am not judging any family member until there is some actual evidence, and I would appreciate it if others would respect the family friendly warnings posted here by the Mods. This jumping on the bandwagon without any evidence against the family is what keeps me leaving WS. I am afraid I am going to have to quit following this case here soon. I also know for certain that if a child of mine ever went missing, I would NEVER appear in public as it seems to derail the case in the public every time. I just hope that LE continues to investigate ALL avenues until some actual EVIDENCE surfaces.

I have often felt the same way, so you are not alone. I try to let most of it roll off, I try to fight for the family some and I try to remember that other people probably feel angry with me for it.

I value your input a great deal.

I just want to say for the record, I do not think the family is in any way involved in Jessica's disappearance. I watched the press conference and I saw a grief-stricken family, living through an absolute nightmare. I am not seeing any discrepancies in their statements, just sloppy reporting. I think they are being truthful and have no spidey senses tingling, no hinky meters rising, nothing at all to indicate otherwise.
After having just watched and transcribed the entire 30+ minute full raw interview I am in total agreement with the above opinion..

Jmo, tho..

After having just watched and transcribed the entire 30+ minute full raw interview I am in total agreement with the above opinion..

Jmo, tho..

Thank all of you for the clarification of what was said. I did not see the video myself and was going with what was reported. Shame on me.

I have mixed feelings about the interview. Body language experts would probably point out the closed eyes during certain words or phrases....the overuse of self-attentive words like "we".....and the fact that Jessica is not addressed directly.

Still, the family has my compassion.

Did LE only interview mom at home?

In the raw footage from the interview, she says that she saw searchers while she was being driven to the police station for her second interview.

So, no, she has not been interviewed only at home, she has also been interviewed at least once at the police station.

I'm curious as to why this would matter, though.

I find it abhorrent that people find it so easy to rely on a 2 minute clip of the Mom and their own horribly subjective "hinky meters" to come to a conclusion if the Mom's involvement. I am not judging any family member until there is some actual evidence, and I would appreciate it if others would respect the family friendly warnings posted here by the Mods. This jumping on the bandwagon without any evidence against the family is what keeps me leaving WS. I am afraid I am going to have to quit following this case here soon. I also know for certain that if a child of mine ever went missing, I would NEVER appear in public as it seems to derail the case in the public every time. I just hope that LE continues to investigate ALL avenues until some actual EVIDENCE surfaces.

elmomom, I have read your posts on different threads and always appreciate your point of view. I would hate to see you leave WS over someone's posts.

If you see a post that you think is really over the line, alert a mod and it will be dealt with. I've had to do this before, the mods can't be everywhere at once.

Sometimes you just have to "scroll and roll" past some posts, IMO.

People around this area often refer to backpacks as a book BAG, that is what the man who found it meant. He was clear that he knew what it was and just thought that a kid had temporarily left it there and would come back to get it. If he had meant a large PAPER bag he wouldn't have assumed that it belonged to a kid who had left it while playing around the neighborhood.

jmo

Ironically, the predator knew the likely conclusions of anyone who found Jessica's backpack where children normally play. That is more than likely why it was placed there, instead of being discarded in a dumpster, or on the side of the road, imo..

Public school buses ARE free in every state and district, some may require a small token amount from the parents but that amount in no way covers the actual yearly cost of the transportation for the students. I have lived in, attended, had kids in, and worked in numerous districts and NONE of them required any payment at all for bus transportation to public schools. (snipped)

jmo

for what its worth, in my neck of the woods (in Cali), the small token amount for the bus is $400 per year. Also, buses are not provided for any child who lives within a 1.5 miles of the school. Doesn't matter if they are kindergarten or not. Drives me mad. Often doesn't leave many options for working parents...

I was glad to see that Jessica's mother and father were united and able to just put the past behind them for Jessica's sake and be there for each other. They both love that little girl and need to be able to lean on each other now.

Jmo, tho..

Me three.

I have never seen a woman so scared and yet clinging so hard to every shred of hope she can find. It was clear to me that she loves Jessica very much and would never hurt her.

She's a lady with a great heart, too. Even in the middle of this nightmare, she said several things that made it clear that she is aware that the community is also hurting and scared. She's not just thinking of herself and Jessica, she's got room in her heart for everyone.

And thank you for transcribing the interview. I'm so slow, it took me ages to do one little 30 second (or so) bit.

I think body language experts are usually full of you-know-what, especially in cases like this. There is simply no template for how a parent should act when a child goes missing.

One thing I do think is telling in watching these kinds of interviews, is crying-Is the parent crying? Is the display of emotion genuine, or are they scrunching up their face and making crying noises, but no tears are coming out? And, IMO most important-WHEN are they crying? At what point in retelling the story of their child's disappearance do they show the most emotion?

Both mom and dad cried "appropriately", for lack of a better word. Jessica's mother, for example, held it together fairly well until she started to describe that "pit in the stomach" feeling when she realized her child was taken. This is exactly the point I would expect a parent to break down if their child has gone missing and they are not involved. Because that is the moment it becomes every parent's worst nightmare.

ETA-This was in response to shetner's comment about mom's body language during the press conference, I forgot to quote!

Originally Posted by elmomom

"Yes elmomom , The families are innocent victims too"...

for what its worth, in my neck of the woods (in Cali), the small token amount for the bus is $400 per year. Also, buses are not provided for any child who lives within a 1.5 miles of the school. Doesn't matter if they are kindergarten or not. Drives me mad. Often doesn't leave many options for working parents...

I don't understand this at all. Here in Texas, public school bus service has always been a part of our school taxes. Do people in Colorado and California not pay school taxes? Obviously if they do, bus service for their children is not part of it, which is sad. No child should have to be expected to walk to a public school imo.

We would raise all kinds of hell if the schools tried to charge us for carrying our kids back and forth to school because we do pay so much in taxes every year.

Thanks I thought someone said up thread mom hadn't been out of the house.

No it doesn't matter. I was just curious.

The Daily Camera article uses the words "bag" and "backpack" interchangeably. Another example of sloppy reporting.

Thanks for clarifying.

Using google maps, I have viewed images of the location where the bag was found. What can be learned from those images?

(1) The back-pack was placed where it could be easily discovered.
(2) There are only two streets that allow access to the neighborhood in which the back-pack was discovered.
(3) The back-pack was placed at a point where the person who left it there would be least likely to be seen by a resident: no window looks out onto the sidewalk where the back-pack was found.

The person who left the back-pack did so more than 36-hours after the victim's disappearance (based upon published statements aboutwhen the man who found it believed itwas not there, c. 6:45pm Saturday, when he and his wife left their home). Assuming that this person or persons who committed this crime knew that they would be implicated if stopped by police and the back-pack was found in the person or person's possession, then the perpetrator(s) was/were taking significant risk to drive (assuming a car was used) to this location and leave the back-pack.

Has anyone given any thought to the possibility that the perpetrator(s) wanted to send a message to police, and that the message was so important to the perpetrator(s) that the risk of being caught with the back-pack was out-weighed by the desire to be certain that the police should find the back-pack?

I don't want anyone to be upset with me. My opinion is like most, simply based on my own background and experiences.

I am not trying to pick apart the statements of the family in order to discredit them. But several things stand out to me as being uncomfortable. Even so, I recognize these individuals are victims and my heart goes out to them.

In my own case, I cannot ever imagine saying, "we are strong," "we will take care of our child," "this is terrible for us." My first thought, when my child was gone, was, "where is he," "what can I do," "who has him," "is he hurt," "is he hungry," "is he alive," "is he cold," and my true desire...my unwavering obsession...my whole being pulsated without fail to reach out to him and to simply hear the sound of his voice...or just for him to hear the sound of mine saying...."We are coming for you...I love you...please hold on...you are not alone....we will find you....I love you....I cannot live without you"

From the above description, there is a RSO out there with ties to Washington State, Wyoming and Colorado. Google search of name provides myspace, facebook, and RSO information.
BTW...what the heck is he doing with a myspace and facebook??? He's a RSO!
http://www.offendex.com/zipdirectory/WA/00000/Leo_Dewayne_Anzick_324521

Rawlins, WY http://www.offendex.com/citydirectory/WY/Rawlins/Leo_Dewayne_Anzick_252317

Olympia, WA. http://www.sexoffenderin.com/reg335702/leo_dewayne_anzickmugshot.htm

Thanks to Spamelope's sleuthin'!

He is also on Spiritual Networks, which appears to be similar to facebook. Every one of his friends are female and the comments he makes are all about beauty, peace and love.:puke:

I can see how a young girl might be confused about whether that is a beard or a mustache. It's a mustache that turns straight down to the bottom of his chin.

I won't link but just google the full name if you want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member